Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #136
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
We've done both MNSSHP and MVMCP (2007 & 2008). I think I liked MNSSHP better only b/c I was able to dress up and trick-or-treat at MK. Something about being able to do that, even though I'm 26 was really exciting for me! Other than the whole costume/candy thing, I'd chose MVMCP -- only b/c I love Christmas so much.
Alright alright, you've sold me. Christmas is my ALL TIME FAVORITE THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD (except DH, that is )

Quote:
We went December 12-19. The parks were really empty throughout our trip. However, the crowds picked up on the 18th as the Christmas crowd was invading. But even then, the wait times were not too bad. The longest we had was for EE and that was about 20 min (if that!). It truly spoiled us.

20 minute wait for EE sounds pretty awesome to me. We'll be leaving the 18th (the Friday before Christmas-week weekend) so hopefully we'll miss any insanity. We were spoiled during our September 07 trip--we didn't wait more than 15-25 minutes for anything and it was AWESOME. I'm glad to hear it shouldn't be much worse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Quote:
I know the party did sellout, but it was something like the week of. You should be fine waiting for the 90 day mark. Btw, isn't that coming up soon??
Selling out is fine with me, as long as it's after I buy my tickets My 90 days for our trip in October is in 3 more days! I guess you could consider my 90 days for December coming up as well---in like 2 more months.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #137
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

You know, I think I like Christmas just a bit more than DH. He's alright, too. But nothing compares to Christmas!

I'll cross my fingers for you for low crowds. It really makes things so much more enjoyable. But either way, at least you'll be at WDW during Christmas time. There is NOTHING like it. Swoon!

Ok, well at least I wasn't completely off base. I got your two PTR's confused. Whoops! Two more months isn't really THAT far away.
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #138
annnewjerz

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!

So for a little while (mostly since becoming a regular lurker on the "Official Cake Chatter Thread"), I've been trying to come up with a reasonably inexpensive small surprise for my DH and DM since I've pretty much spoiled all of the others.

I told my DM about the KTTK tour for Mother's Day.
I told my DM about Cirque du Soleil for her birthday.
I told DH about the car service picking us up for---well---no good reason.

I got to thinking, since we have a kitchen in our room at the BWV, maybe a special "Welcome to Disney" cake would be a good idea. The cakes I have seen range from small simple 6 inchers to extravagently designed 10 inchers that cost as much as our tickets for MVMCP.

I'm obviously much too far away from our trip to call up the Boardwalk Bakery to discuss said cake, and whether or not they can customize a 6 inch for us since there will only be three of us and we will probably be on the Deluxe DDP, so the chances of eating more than a slice of the cake are slim to none.

After poking around a bit online, here are some designs I came up with that I thought would be cute with just a few tweaks. Here are my faves.

This one, I would change the green polka dots to green Mickey heads, if possible.

I like this one too.

This one is great, but might be a little "much" for what I am looking for.

Ooooh purdy.

I really like this one too. AHHHHHH decisions decisions.

Any thoughts??? Also, I would really like some alternate suggestions for a surprise that's around $150 or less. I think a pedicure or something at the spa would be really great---but I had thrown that idea out to my DM once before and she didn't sound interested, said if she wanted to get her nails done she would do it at home.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #139
raider97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
So for a little while (mostly since becoming a regular lurker on the "Official Cake Chatter Thread"), I've been trying to come up with a reasonably inexpensive small surprise for my DH and DM since I've pretty much spoiled all of the others.

I told my DM about the KTTK tour for Mother's Day.
I told my DM about Cirque du Soleil for her birthday.
I told DH about the car service picking us up for---well---no good reason.

I got to thinking, since we have a kitchen in our room at the BWV, maybe a special "Welcome to Disney" cake would be a good idea. The cakes I have seen range from small simple 6 inchers to extravagently designed 10 inchers that cost as much as our tickets for MVMCP.

I'm obviously much too far away from our trip to call up the Boardwalk Bakery to discuss said cake, and whether or not they can customize a 6 inch for us since there will only be three of us and we will probably be on the Deluxe DDP, so the chances of eating more than a slice of the cake are slim to none.

After poking around a bit online, here are some designs I came up with that I thought would be cute with just a few tweaks. Here are my faves.

This one, I would change the green polka dots to green Mickey heads, if possible.

I like this one too.

This one is great, but might be a little "much" for what I am looking for.

Ooooh purdy.

I really like this one too. AHHHHHH decisions decisions.

Any thoughts??? Also, I would really like some alternate suggestions for a surprise that's around $150 or less. I think a pedicure or something at the spa would be really great---but I had thrown that idea out to my DM once before and she didn't sound interested, said if she wanted to get her nails done she would do it at home.
I think my favorite is the first one especially if you can get those dots made into mickey heads.

I am pretty sure I am getting the mickey head cake for my son's 4th birthday while we are down there.

Stephanie
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #140
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

FYI...I ordered a birthday cake for my niece when I was down in May. I called 2 weeks before the day I wanted it.

I did not get a phone call until a week later and after 2 more messages.

My advice would not have any cake in the parks but at the deluxe resorts. The park cakes are extremely limited and the deluxe resorts have the bakeries on site, so you can really do it up.

Enjoying your TR!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #141
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
I think my favorite is the first one especially if you can get those dots made into mickey heads.

I am pretty sure I am getting the mickey head cake for my son's 4th birthday while we are down there.

Stephanie
I think that's my favorite one too, now I have to see if they can actually make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
FYI...I ordered a birthday cake for my niece when I was down in May. I called 2 weeks before the day I wanted it.

I did not get a phone call until a week later and after 2 more messages.

My advice would not have any cake in the parks but at the deluxe resorts. The park cakes are extremely limited and the deluxe resorts have the bakeries on site, so you can really do it up.

Enjoying your TR!
Thanks for the info. We will be ordering at the Boardwalk Bakery if we decide to get one, since we will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Can't get more convenient than that!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #142
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Wink

Oh and I vote for the first one or the one with the presents decorating the bottom. So cute!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #143
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

I really like the first one -- especially if you can change the dots to Mickey heads!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #144
annnewjerz

More shopping?

So last night, I got the shopping itch again. A little back-story.

I am totally not someone who wears Disney clothing, even while vacationing in WDW. I've just always thought it was unnecessary. Last trip in 07 was DH's first visit and he bought himself a Splash Mountain shirt as a souvenier. Well, he hardly ever wears the thing, which quite honestly, is fine with me.

The other night, we were getting dressed to go grab some pizza and what does he come down the stairs wearing? His Splash Mountain shirt. He said he thought I woud like it if he wore it.

**Side note: Is it completely horrible of me that I felt embarassed at the prospect of going out in public and having people think he was "that guy" who wears Disney gear all the time---Disney hats, Disney watches, Disney shirts, Disney boxers?! I think Disney-wear is completely acceptable in Disney, and on Halloween, and on little kids, but generally in everyday life I feel like Disney clothes should only make an appearance on the aforementioned occasions, or while doing housework and/or sleeping.

So back to the story. Anywho, that got me thinking that maybe, just maybe this once it would be fun to wear some Disney shirts while we vacationed in WDW in December. I figured they would cost an arm and a leg and since I'm more of a dress and cardigan girl than a jeans and t-shirt girl, I wasn't willing to pay all that much to get said shirts.

Last night, I hopped on the Disney Store website and poked around a bit. I started seeing things like "Graphic Tees - 2 for $20" and thought to myself that this was do-able. I could spend $10 on a shirt that I knew I would only wear once or twice in public. The more I looked, the cheaper the shirts were! First $10 each, then $7.99 each, then some for $3.99?! My eyes must be playing tricks on me. Since when is anything Disney cheap?! This is unheard of.

After a little bit of poking around and confirming with my DH and DM that they would wear these shirts, I decided to add them to my bag and order them. I have a feeling when they arrive, I'll hate the ones I bought---they'll fit funny, or just won't look right, but that's okay because I can return them to the Disney store right down the street from my work without paying return shipping

So---to make a long story even longer, here is what I got. I'm hoping I like at least one so we can make one of the days of the trip designated Disney shirt day. Cheeeeeeezzzzy, I know

For Me:

I think these first two were discounted after Earth Day ended---they are organic cotton and say stuff about "going green." For $7.99---I don't really care what they say.

If I like this one, I'll wear it on the day we *hopefully* have a pre-park opening ADR at Crystal Palace.

For Mom:

She specifically requested one that was Tinkerbell. Who knew Tink was her fave?

For the Hubster:

This one is a little scary...looks like Mickey is p-o'd and standing in a pool of blood.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #145
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Wink

I don't do Disney-wear either. Same goes for concert T-shirts; my rule is never wear a concert T-shirt to the said concert. I know it's me, but can't stand it. If I do actually buy a concert Tee (and it's rare), it's regulated to the gym drawer.

However, since I joined D23, I've been looking around their site. They do have a tasteful, lightly embroidered, sort of golf shirt that I'll be willing to wear for December. I believe it even comes in red.

I hope the package comes soon and that you like them!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #146
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I don't do Disney-wear either. Same goes for concert T-shirts; my rule is never wear a concert T-shirt to the said concert. I know it's me, but can't stand it. If I do actually buy a concert Tee (and it's rare), it's regulated to the gym drawer.

However, since I joined D23, I've been looking around their site. They do have a tasteful, lightly embroidered, sort of golf shirt that I'll be willing to wear for December. I believe it even comes in red.

I hope the package comes soon and that you like them!

Maybe it's a NJ thing. We're just too good for clothing that has mice, tigers and pixies on it.

I'm hoping I like them too. Probably the only time I will wear these is to WDW---and then maybe as PJs or clothes to do housework in.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #147
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Joining in a little late, but I'm here!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #148
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi again!

First, I love the cakes...I would go for the first one myself, but that's just me. I think that would be SO CUTE with green Mickey heads!

Second, I must admit, I do like my Disney shirts...I try to get the ones that look less cartoon-ish but I do love em! I counted the other night to see which ones I wanted to take and I have 12 so I am a bit loony! I also have a Mickey watch that I wear every day; but I think it's classy and fun, not cartoony and child-like. It's silver, has a Mickey on the face and itty bitty tiny diamond dust on the outside ring.

Take care, have a good one!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #149
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I'm with ya on the Disney apparel thing, but have so far not unbent enough even to wear it at the parks. It was a huge deal for me to buy these fairly restrained Disney earrings on my last trip (and of course they haven't been worn since):

Maybe some day I'll overcome the phobia. DH seems to have no problem with the concept, but then they make all kinds of retro-cool shirts for guys, like his circa 1982 Epcot logo shirt and Owsald the Lucky Rabbit tee.

Anyway, here's hoping all the stuff you ordered fits and looks great!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #150
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I'm with ya on the Disney apparel thing, but have so far not unbent enough even to wear it at the parks......Maybe some day I'll overcome the phobia. DH seems to have no problem with the concept, but then they make all kinds of retro-cool shirts for guys, like his circa 1982 Epcot logo shirt and Owsald the Lucky Rabbit tee.

Believe me, I don't have my hopes up too high. I have a feeling it'll get here---I'll put it on and immediately feel like an a$$ and then run it down the street to return it. I need to just get it through my head that while in WDW, NO ONE CARES! People wear CROCS for goodness sake so it's not like they're going to look at me like I'm a weirdo for being 25 and wearing a Winnie the Pooh shirt.

I almost bought men's shirts because I liked them so much more but decided against it since I wasn't sure what size I would take.

We'll see. I just ordered some more "normal" stuff from Banana Republic juuuuuuust in case (or at least that's the excuse I'm giving DH).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: