Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

A 3 Day birthday trip to the Pop w/ alot of firsts! Mom and son trip

Hi everyone! Like the title says this was a birthdy trip (my son's) that had alot of firsts! Like this is my first trip report so please be gentle Since none of you know me I will make an introduction of the main characters.

Me: My name is Christina and I am a 27 year old single mom to 2 great (but exhausting kids) I live in Clearwater Florida and I work at the local AMC Theaters which I love. Movies are my second addiction. The First one is DISNEY!!!! I have always had a for Disney. Now I am trying to get my kids in on the addiction

My son (7): Nate is my oldest. He turned 7 on this trip and it was the whole reason for this trip. It was also his first trip. I waited so long because I wanted him to really be able to enjoy it. Nate is mildly autistic and so big crowds and most rides scare him so I was a little nervous how he would enjoy this trip.

My daughter did not come with us on this trip because I am only so brave and 2 kids by myself in Disney is just too much at the moment plus it was nice to just have that time with him.

The details of the trip:

Dec 16th-18th
Saying at the Pop Century Resort
No dining plans since we were just doing counter service
This time we were just making plans as we go since I didn't know how he would be.

Up Next: First day...the drive there..check in....Off to Hollywood studios and then a scary trip to the ER!!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
pixiedust9
Mouseketeer

hi! we are leaving in a few days and staying in pop! i totally understand being in disney with two little ones alone...my dad is coming with us. it wasn't so bad the last time we went, but still, being a single parent...the thought is scary. i can't wait to read more...tell me...did you LOVE IT?!?!?!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Disney_Fanatic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
hi! we are leaving in a few days and staying in pop! i totally understand being in disney with two little ones alone...my dad is coming with us. it wasn't so bad the last time we went, but still, being a single parent...the thought is scary. i can't wait to read more...tell me...did you LOVE IT?!?!?!
I hope you have a wonderful time! I LOVED POP Century. We stayed in building #1 which is the 50's building in a preferred room. It was right next to Classic Hall and the buses. It is definitely a great choice for little kids. The decorations are great. I will start my next installment probably tomorrow. I am trying to get pictures uploaded

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: