Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
21yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
mechurchlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I just knew that my post about the day spa would be one of the last over there...sigh.
You closed down the thread, tsk tsk.

The only way I am getting in a bathing suit let alone naked is if you paid me a million dollars and do not hold be responsible for any deaths from fright. I could end war by simply flashing the enemy.

Dinner was sauteed turkey breast and Lundgren's porcini rice with added veggies. I would have rather done barbecued ribs, prime rib or tri tip.

Still waiting for a Chippendale souvenir.
mechurchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #33
cccdisney
DIS Diva

WOW! This thread has been busy! Finally caught up on reading the posts but in the process my two youngest decided to dump out the two large baskets of toys! Now I have quite a mess. Oh well, they needed to be cleaned out so now I can go through them while putting them back!

You ladies looked like you had a blast last night in Vegas! Fun! Fun!

Off to clean up toys - I will check back in later when the little ones are asleep!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #34
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I am BBQ'n hotdogs for dinner.

I have a blizzard, I can share!
That's funny I had a BBQ sandwich for lunch, a hot dog for dinner and just finished a blizzard. I feel a heart attack coming on!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #35
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post

steph

Hi Steph!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
That's funny I had a BBQ sandwich for lunch, a hot dog for dinner and just finished a blizzard. I feel a heart attack coming on!
That is too funny!!

I feel the heart attack also!!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #36
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

The thing about the Korean day spa is that you realize that NO ONE cares. People are barely looking at you, let alone judging you. That's hard to get into your head (it's been WAY too long since I was there...the last time I was there was the day my mom died, actually, it was a pre-planned thing and it was a way to be around my girlfriends with their support, so I went and although it sounds strange, it was the best thing I could have done that day), but once you're there and you realize how little your body matters to others...it's really freeing.

And you haven't lived until you've had a Korean body scrub. OK, I'll take that back, and add "by professionals", b/c hubby could have lived his whole life without having his mom scrub his skin with rough washcloths, but he'd love it if the day spa had a men's side!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #37
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

New Thread, New Thread, YEAH!

Just wanted to say you guys had way too much fun last night at Chippendales. I also wanted to say you all look very pretty - cute clothes, hair and makeup. We don't do much of that when we're at DL.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #38
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
New Thread, New Thread, YEAH!

Just wanted to say you guys had way too much fun last night at Chippendales. I also wanted to say you all look very pretty - cute clothes, hair and makeup. We don't do much of that when we're at DL.

Well, as you have all pointed out, we definitely had a good time last night

And yes, you could say that the boy that I was standing with was rather "friendly" as he kept whispering in my ear in his Spanish accent to let me know exactly how we should be posed for the cameras

Thanks to: Beth for getting us such a great deal on tix; Stacie for giving us a good reason to go out last night rather than having lunch on Sunday; Amy for providing so much amusement as she experienced her first time; and last but not least to the Tag Fairy for reading my mind and hooking Amy up with a dancing banana... now if only he were wearing a bow tie!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #39
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Thanks to: Amy for providing so much amusement as she experienced her first time

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #40
mechurchlady
DIS Veteran

Good News

Monday I can go get a disabled pass for $14 a month which is equal to about 5 trips in my car. I may still have my phot and bus pass from 10 years ago if not then I should be able to gt a photo cheap. It would mean I would have to be on the curb outside DLR at midnight of POOF. I am not sure about where to catch the bus as the schedule mentions a spot west of me half a mile maybe. I have a bus stop a long block and either two short blocks or one short block depending which way I go. The western most spot is near Rosewood restaurant so no problem if the ECV dies.

Just need $14, get info, clean the ECV and get a city bus disabled thingy so I can use the city bus to go to Wal-Mart and the Green Line Station. From there I can take the Blue line to Long Beach or Los Angeles. I am not a big eater so that is not a problem so the only expenses are where I go and I am looking at DLR as my prime target.

Diznee Luver I am still praying and hoping and sending you hugs.
mechurchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #41
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
Two screens helps.
Ahhh, so that's your secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Is there tater tots and cupcakes on this thread? I'm freaking hungry!
I wish there was cupcakes!!
We had In-n-Out for dinner, but cupcakes still sound good. Forget Jello, I say there is always room for cupcakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I am still trying to write this damn essay!!!!!!!!
Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
I hope to have a Disney corndog tomorrow.
Lucky you! Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
I just read about the Vegas mini-meet. Oh, my you ladies are FRISKY!Especially Amy!
Yeah, Amy was a wild child last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
It was fun to "dress up" a little bit and go out for a night on the town.
I can't wait for Stacie to come home and post her pics. She has lots more of us in ummmmm, interesting poses.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #42
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Me DH DS (9) DS (7)
grizbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #43
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
Awww, for me?

Night ladies! See y'all tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #44
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

October Disney Photo Share Information

This is how the Photo sharing works, please read ALL of this:

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER:
Do NOT open your own account to look at your photos. Once they are in one account they can't be put into another one.

1. I am going to create an email and a brand new account before we leave in October. Once the first pictures are put into the account, we will have 30 days to edit/embellish the pictures before ordering the CD. PM me with your DIS name, name, and address. Once I create the account, I will send you the login information.

2. When you have pictures taken by the DL photographers, the first one you use will give you a Photo card (like a gift card). Each time after that you get them to take your pictures you will let them scan your card. This keeps all your pictures together if one day you forget your card, it's OK, you can get a new one, but your pictures will be on more than one card not an issue. The website will let you add multiple cards (which is how we are able to share). This thread is pretty current and may help you find Photo spots: Disney's Photo Locations. You DO NOT have to do anything other than have them snap pictures and scan the card no uploading at parks or anything. Just find the photographer, hand them your card and have them take pictures it is that easy. There is also information on the website Stitch Kingdom. One thing I would recommend if you have a digital camera is to take a picture of the back of your Photo card, where the number is printed, just in case some of the pictures don't turn up online or you lose your card.

3. Each of us will have our own card(s). So keep them with you.

4. Once you return from the trip, you can log onto the account and add your Photo card numbers.

5. I will create our very own account to share. You can ONLY add your card numbers (pictures) here. To add the picture you log on and add your Photo card numbers (if you have any issues when that time comes, I can help you). Once they are up you can edit them/add embellishments. Only add your Photo card pictures here, not your personal camera ones. If you add your cards (pictures) to another account they will not be able to be added to our shared account the website will only let you have your card on one account.

6. You can add your pictures as soon as you return home; remember, we have 30 days from the date the first pictures are uploaded.

7. After 30 days, I will order our CD(s), unless we all agree on an earlier date.

8. Once I receive the CDs, I will burn you a CD/DVD and mail it to you for the cost of the materials (DVD, envelope, postage), which should be about $5 each. I'm assuming we will need at least one DVD or 2 CDs per person.

9. You can order other products from the website, and possibly have them shipped to you, but you will have to pay for those yourself. If they end up only being able to ship to me, I can include them with your DVD/CDs.

*** Pricing Information: The current price for the Disneyland Photo Share is $59.95 plus $7.00 shipping. The per person costs are listed below, which includes $5 for the DVD(s), envelope and postage. *** If these prices change, I will update as soon as I know the new prices. ***

6 people - $16.20
7 people - $14.60
8 people - $13.40
9 people - $12.50
10 people - $11.70
11 people - $11.10
12 people - $10.60
13 people - $10.15
14 people - $9.80
15 people - $9.50

You can look at your pictures at Disneyland before going home, and even order pictures if you want.

DO NOT MAKE AN ACCOUNT ONCE YOU GET HOME, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ADD THEM TO OUR SHARING ACCOUNT.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If you would like to participate, please PM me with your DIS name, name, and address.

o o o o o o o Current Disney Photo Sharers o o o o o o o
Stacie/stacielee
Debbie/jordansmomma
Stacie/Stacerita
Theresa/Queenbillabong
Heather/LittleBlackRaincloud
Linda/lulubelle
Michelle/Zoemakes5
Cheryl/toocherie
Jane/cheshiregirl
Tina/billyfan
Kelly/Mouse13

Last edited by stacielee; 09-11-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added Deb back onto the list :)
stacielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #45
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Hey Divas! For those in the know, do they take pictures at Sea World and the SD Zoo like they do at Disneyland? I figure if you can get your photo made at the Phoenix zoo, maybe they will have something like 'photopass' at these other parks.

Stacie, best friend of mine....how's the CD coming? No pressure, I can wait.....

is it ready yet?

Good Night all!

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: