Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #151
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
well, I know there are some ladies who come down from NorCal but think they come down the 5--

another option is to take the train down and someone would pick you up at the train station!

you'll have plenty of time to work out a plan!
Oh my gosh, the train is such a good idea! I didn't even think of that!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #152
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Understatement of the year.
Can't help that I am friendly.

Quote:
On another board, someone said that their 14-year old daughter has her own debit card and that it is quite common for teenagers to have their own debit cards these days.

Is this true????????
I would never do that.

Quote:
Laurie:

I'm not looking for whether it CAN be done. Obviously it can since this lady indicated her teen had one. I don't need someone to do my Internet searching for me, thanks. I'm quite capable of looking up debit card websites.

I'm looking for people's personal experience on a child under 16 having a debit card. just because a credit card company allows it per their website doesn't mean that a lot of parents are in actuality allowing their kids to have it.

I don't know of any of my friends with teenagers who allow them to have a debit card. I'm not disputing that it can be done, I'm questioning the frequency since this lady indicated it was common.
I agree. Just because it can be done doesn't mean that it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I just looked at the photo of those jell-o shots.... I could go for 1 or... 6 right now. I have a busy next couple of weeks getting this semester finished! I'm twiddling my thumbs right now because it's raining outside and I can't do my photo shoots. Those lava coladas (or whatever they're called I can't remember) look amazing too! Just dreamin' of vacation!
Get behind me in line for those jello shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Okay, so I give up. I'm in this trip and I mean it. Hopefully school/work goes normal by that time next year. But as for now, I am in and I'm in for sure!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #153
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
I'll be sure to make extra--just for you. What flavor do ya want??????

Hey Hey, I was a new girl this year, and didn't get any extra made for me! I'll let you make up for it this year though.

Quote:
Okay, so I give up. I'm in this trip and I mean it. Hopefully school/work goes normal by that time next year. But as for now, I am in and I'm in for sure!
Yay! I'm glad I'll get to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
Okay... I have a PLAN for the trip.. Just dont tell my husband. Yet. I am planning our family trip for about a week and half or two weeks after the ladies only trip. Since I already have enough airline mile for a free flight, it only makes sense for me to fly down.. by myself.. pick up my AP, get a good feel for things since we wont have been to Disneyland in 2 years or so.. and map out a game plan for what would work best for us. I mean.. It only makes sense, right? Thats totally what I thought.
That is great thinking, and totally necessary...what would your family do without all of your sacrifices for them?

Quote:
Guess what everyone? I just talked my mom into joining us in 2010! She's so excited that she had to get off the phone with me and go tell my dad everything he'll be missing since he's not a diva and will have to stay in Indiana with the dogs
Yay! I'm glad she's able to come. The more the merrier.

I made some brownies, and now I have to try and not eat them all at once...they are warm and gooey and good! yum!

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS6-Nathan , DS5-Nolan , DD2-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #154
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Get behind me in line for those jello shots.
I'm making you and Sally and Heather your own stash . . . .

Last edited by toocherie; 04-19-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: to not leave out Heather from the jello shots fun!
toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #155
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I told my Mom about the candy bar you ladies had this year and I volunteered her to make everyone home made marshmallows.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #156
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I told my Mom about the candy bar you ladies had this year and I volunteered her to make everyone home made marshmallows.
I can make something too! I'll driving so I can bring whatever... when the time comes to plan that I'll be waiting!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #157
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed

Quote:
Good plan

Old 04-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #158
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Yay new ladies for next years trip!

Hello Bridgette! I'm 24 also. You're older then me by about 8 months. I'm happy that you and your mom are going to be joining us next year.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I've been rather ill and it's making me nervous about next weekend. Hopefully I'm not going to be slowing down the group.

My friend Jessica said she's interested in joining us next year. She's a Disney fan too, and I hope she's able to make it.

Everyone looks like a model on the front page. I guess it's because you all were in a very happy place!

I have a horrible headache so I think I'm gonna go lay down now.

Have a great evening everyone! And if anyone makes dinner, can you send some my way? Thank you very much!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #159
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
A very mature 24 year old at that. For the most part, I can't stand anyone my age! I hang out with my parents, 56 and 66, a lot My mom and I were having a blast looking at the past trip photos. She's so jealous! I'm going to try to talk her into coming with me in 2010. Her name is Mickey too!
I brought my mom this year, and we had a great time together!

Quote:
I'm getting my Bachelor of Fine Arts with focus in Photography and then I'm moving to Santa Barbara in July to get my masters from the Brooks Institute of Photography. Good times!
I love Santa Barbara!

Quote:
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet you in person!

Quote:
Guess what everyone? I just talked my mom into joining us in 2010! She's so excited that she had to get off the phone with me and go tell my dad everything he'll be missing since he's not a diva and will have to stay in Indiana with the dogs
Excellent! Like I said, it was a great bonding time for me and my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Hey Hey, I was a new girl this year, and didn't get any extra made for me! I'll let you make up for it this year though.

Yay! I'm glad I'll get to meet you!

That is great thinking, and totally necessary...what would your family do without all of your sacrifices for them?

Yay! I'm glad she's able to come. The more the merrier.

I made some brownies, and now I have to try and not eat them all at once...they are warm and gooey and good! yum!
Now I have to make some brownies. Thanks, Heather!

Quote:
What about me?

Quote:
Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Hello Bridgette! I'm 24 also. You're older then me by about 8 months. I'm happy that you and your mom are going to be joining us next year.
Now Wendy has competition for the 60 year old men!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #160
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
On another board, someone said that their 14-year old daughter has her own debit card and that it is quite common for teenagers to have their own debit cards these days.

Is this true????????
I have a 14 year old son and as responsible as he is, I'd still never give him a debit or credit card. Just my opinion. Also as for being common, I've never heard of any of my friends doing it for their kids, or for any of his friends having one.

Quote:
I tried updating my title to Official 2010 Dis Diva's Photographer to be silly but it didn't save... probably too long or something.

EDIT: Yay I made it work!
LOL Cool, now you can't get out of it.

Quote:
Just dreamin' of vacation!
I'm always doing that.

Quote:
YAY Courtney!! I knew you'd join us. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. That's the way to do it, just say your going and make it work.
So pick out one of your lovely pics and I'll add you to the front page.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #161
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Since I already have enough airline mile for a free flight, it only makes sense for me to fly down.. by myself.. pick up my AP, get a good feel for things since we wont have been to Disneyland in 2 years or so.. and map out a game plan for what would work best for us. I mean.. It only makes sense, right? Thats totally what I thought.
Makes perfect sense to me. Do you have any updated photos? I have some from the first trip in '08 but maybe you have a more recent one you prefer? We are trying to keep a gallery of photos on the front page.

Quote:
Ventura County (Oxnard). So anyone coming on the 101 SB can pick me up!
Hmmm, I think Cristabel is in Ventura, but not sure.

Quote:
Awww, how cute! That's great! You'll be part of our mother/daughter club.
My mom hates Disney. But I still like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post

Quote:
I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I've been rather ill and it's making me nervous about next weekend. Hopefully I'm not going to be slowing down the group.

Have a great evening everyone! And if anyone makes dinner, can you send some my way? Thank you very much!
Oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry you are sick. Feel better. And dinner here is gonna be Taco Bell. Gotta love those 39 cent crunchy tacos.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #162
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay new ladies for next years trip!

My friend Jessica said she's interested in joining us next year. She's a Disney fan too, and I hope she's able to make it.

Everyone looks like a model on the front page. I guess it's because you all were in a very happy place!

I have a horrible headache so I think I'm gonna go lay down now.

Nice to meet you Wendy! I hope you feel better and I'd bring you dinner if I could. Get some rest

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #163
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
I just looked at the photo of those jell-o shots.... I could go for 1 or... 6 right now. I have a busy next couple of weeks getting this semester finished! I'm twiddling my thumbs right now because it's raining outside and I can't do my photo shoots. Those lava coladas (or whatever they're called I can't remember) look amazing too! Just dreamin' of vacation!

Tell me about...I want Jell-O shots & Rasp vodka & 7 up!!

Hi nice to meetchya!
Cheryl makes THE BEST JELL-O SHOTS!!

Quote:
I'll be sure to make extra--just for you. What flavor do ya want??????
The peach ones we so yummy!!!!!!

Quote:
YAY!!

Quote:
Okay... I have a PLAN for the trip.. Just dont tell my husband. Yet. I am planning our family trip for about a week and half or two weeks after the ladies only trip. Since I already have enough airline mile for a free flight, it only makes sense for me to fly down.. by myself.. pick up my AP, get a good feel for things since we wont have been to Disneyland in 2 years or so.. and map out a game plan for what would work best for us. I mean.. It only makes sense, right? Thats totally what I thought.
Good plan!

Quote:

Oh that's great!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #164
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Makes perfect sense to me. Do you have any updated photos? I have some from the first trip in '08 but maybe you have a more recent one you prefer? We are trying to keep a gallery of photos on the front page.

Hmmm, I think Cristabel is in Ventura, but not sure.

Awww, how cute! That's great! You'll be part of our mother/daughter club.
My mom hates Disney. But I still like her.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry you are sick. Feel better. And dinner here is gonna be Taco Bell. Gotta love those 39 cent crunchy tacos.

39 cent tacos!!

I have 1.19 tacos at my Taco Bell
Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #165
Stacerita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Cheryl makes THE BEST JELL-O SHOTS!!
The peach ones we so yummy!!!!!
You can say that again!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
39 cent tacos!!

I have 1.19 tacos at my Taco Bell
Try the big taste taco. I think its 99cents. Yummy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: