Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #886
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran
 
Dizzyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!
Posts: 3,117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawall View Post
I am. I read on a recent thread about a person who just got back that that is what they did. It sounds like they saved a lot of money and it worked out well. I don't want to pay the high prices for the excursion, avoid the crowds and also have the option of changing my mind if I want to. If you book the excursions, you become locked in 3 days before you sail, no refunds.

I thought it was you. I read that thread also. It seemed fairly easy to get from our ship to the Baths. And I echo all the same thoughts as you. I think from that one thread of seeing a picture and seeing all those people trying to get down the steps, it looked a tad crowded.
__________________
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #887
disnutz
Mouseketeer
 
disnutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 396

Sassytink and Noah's mom - Patrick sent off a couple PM's today!!


Dizzy - are you thinking you are going to just take the ferry over and walk it yourself? I was thinking of doing that, trying to figure out if I am brave enough.
__________________
Back to the future - heading to UA/IOA again this summer!!!

July 20!!

Captain Fish Extender
disnutz is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #888
Eeyore18
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Whippany NJ
Posts: 148

Wow- we're getting there! 2 months! The FE list is getting big! I've never done one-(the last time we cruised was in 2004) Is it one gift/item for each stateroom? Do we give it out on a certain day?
Also, is the Magen's Bay excursion in St. Thomas worth it? (It's the Libra in me too!) Or should we do a beach on Tortola?
__________________
Me DH DS: 13 DD 6 Timber
Eeyore18 is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #889
lwilliam
Goofylover
Done after 34-1/2 Years!
I stopped working about 10 minutes after I wrote my thread!
 
lwilliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 2,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_29 View Post
Here's the edit to our line: tinkerbell_29(Lissa), DM (Nancy), DB (Matthew)
I would put ages but we are all adults and if iput my mom's age she might kill me.


I just bought the cutest birkis from amazon.com they have tinker bell on them. A little expensive but they were so cute and I needed a little retail therapy after the day I had. Today I had a child have a seizure while doing her feeding. I had one through a chair threw the window and to top that off I had a child escape from the room unnoticed. Thankfully they were caught before they got out of the building. Lets just say it was a lovely first day back. I can not wait for July to get here.

Lissa

Lissa!
please - tell me, I've been looking for those birkis (I love birki sandals) on amazon.com, can't find them!
I also had a day - was the high school cafeteria monitor and I had one of the life skills girls faint in my arms! She came up to me and I thought she wanted a hug (I am always hugging our life skills girls) and i put my arms out and down she went - she has been having issues with passing out.....MAN, that was scary.

Welcome to our new DISer!

Nancy (starwood) - thank you again for updating the list.

We have not decided on any tours in Tortola - I am also a Pisces!
__________________
lwilliam is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #890
WVMD

DIS Veteran
 
WVMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,401

Getting close..... Wonder who's lurking....

Virgil
__________________
My Blog: Family, Friends, Travel, Life... Pictures
Charter member of the Crazy DIS 10 Day Holiday Cruisers! 12/18/04, Proud Alumni of the First Double Scoop Group! 05/27/06
Future Cruises/Trips: June 1, 2013 Med

Past Cruises/Trips: Sept. 7, 2012 Canada, 06/12/2010 12 night Inaugural Baltic, 07/11/10 Kristin and Nicks Marriage cruise on the Wonder! 07/18/09 7 Night Eastern (St. Thomas and Tortola),08/01/08 Cities of Knights and Lights (ABD tour) 06/08/08 7 Night Mexican Riviera, 06/16/07 - 11 Night Mediterranean, 12/24/06 - Norwegian Sun (not an NCL fan...), 04/16/06 - Easter 4 day....The First Double Scoop Group 05/27/06, 10 Day Holiday Cruise 12/18/04 , 4 Day Wonder 04/11/04, 1st Cruise 3 day Wonder 09/25/03 Too many WDW visits to post.......
WVMD is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #891
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip
 
noahsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,315

Lissa I'm also curious about your new birkis - please give details!!
__________________
noahsmom is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #892
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip
 
noahsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,315

The last FE list I think I remember had 26, is that still the number? I'm not sure what I'll do if we get more then 30. Oh well, someone will get something slightly different.
__________________
noahsmom is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #893
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip
 
noahsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,315

I think I found the birkis, I did a search on Disney Birkenstock. They are too pricey for me but VERY cute. QVC has great prices on Birki's.
__________________
noahsmom is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #894
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch
 
jlawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_29 View Post
Here's the edit to our line: tinkerbell_29(Lissa), DM (Nancy), DB (Matthew)
I would put ages but we are all adults and if iput my mom's age she might kill me.


I just bought the cutest birkis from amazon.com they have tinker bell on them. A little expensive but they were so cute and I needed a little retail therapy after the day I had. Today I had a child have a seizure while doing her feeding. I had one through a chair threw the window and to top that off I had a child escape from the room unnoticed. Thankfully they were caught before they got out of the building. Lets just say it was a lovely first day back. I can not wait for July to get here.

Lissa
__________________
JoAnn "Captain Lucky"
jlawall is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #895
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch
 
jlawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilliam View Post
Lissa!
please - tell me, I've been looking for those birkis (I love birki sandals) on amazon.com, can't find them!
I also had a day - was the high school cafeteria monitor and I had one of the life skills girls faint in my arms! She came up to me and I thought she wanted a hug (I am always hugging our life skills girls) and i put my arms out and down she went - she has been having issues with passing out.....MAN, that was scary.

Welcome to our new DISer!

Nancy (starwood) - thank you again for updating the list.

We have not decided on any tours in Tortola - I am also a Pisces!
Wow, crazy day, is it a full moon?
__________________
JoAnn "Captain Lucky"
jlawall is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #896
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch
 
jlawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore18 View Post
Wow- we're getting there! 2 months! The FE list is getting big! I've never done one-(the last time we cruised was in 2004) Is it one gift/item for each stateroom? Do we give it out on a certain day?
Also, is the Magen's Bay excursion in St. Thomas worth it? (It's the Libra in me too!) Or should we do a beach on Tortola?
Yes, one per stateroom as far as I know.......certain days haven't been assigned, Lucy?
__________________
JoAnn "Captain Lucky"
jlawall is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #897
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch
 
jlawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMD View Post
Getting close..... Wonder who's lurking....

Virgil
All yours, Virgil!
__________________
JoAnn "Captain Lucky"
jlawall is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #898
disnutz
Mouseketeer
 
disnutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 396

Today I think I am leaning toward the excursion on our own in Tortola. Leave and come back when we want. A lot cheaper, and it definately sounds do-able. Short walk to the ferry and ferry plus taxi $38.

As for St Thomas, I am thinking we are going to Coki beach, maybe hit Coral world, and maybe Sapphire beach - all on our own.
__________________
Back to the future - heading to UA/IOA again this summer!!!

July 20!!

Captain Fish Extender
disnutz is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #899
jfis1020
Mrs. Preferred View
Oh I crack myself up
Put some thought into the quotation marks!You want the ten dollar one?... OH YEA THE TEN DOLLAR ONE
 
jfis1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,455

any luck? irate:
__________________
jfis1020 is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #900
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch
 
jlawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld View Post
I thought it was you. I read that thread also. It seemed fairly easy to get from our ship to the Baths. And I echo all the same thoughts as you. I think from that one thread of seeing a picture and seeing all those people trying to get down the steps, it looked a tad crowded.
My deal is that if my group of 6 plus the Rents = 8, the price is so high.....hundreds of dollars. I believe there is a ferry which sounds a lot cheaper so that's what I plan to do. I've done the ferries before and they run on schedule and they're much more affordable. The taxis are also very efficient from what I've experienced. I'll just leave plenty of time for the return trip.

Ok, I waited.....it should be safe to post............
__________________
JoAnn "Captain Lucky"
jlawall is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
November 7, 2009 ~~~~ AHOY ST.CROIX ~~~~ AverysMommy Disney Cruise Meets 2555 01-18-2010 09:22 PM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 2! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3744 08-13-2009 09:13 AM
TWILIGHTAHOLICS PART 4!!!!!~*~Lions, Lambs, and Lunar-tics!!!! Caribbeanprincess Community Board 3335 08-03-2009 05:15 PM
All New Picture of the Day Thread - Jan 21, 2009 Disney8704 Theme Parks Community 3866 06-21-2009 06:15 PM
2009 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs cra_z_dude_17 Teen Disney 27 04-23-2009 08:09 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: