Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #76
bentleygirl22
disney queen

It's been an intersting day.....More later.
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
Old 05-19-2009, 07:49 AM   #77
P.I. Squirrel
DIS Veteran

The funniest thing happened this morning.

I told Amanda yesterday "I think there is a rabbit in our garage". You see, I did some weeding of my flowerbed last week. I put all the pulled weeds into a blue plastic tote, but I left it in the garage near the garage door. Well, yesterday me and my dog walk into the garage, and the plastic tote starts going nuts, shaking back and forth. I ran back inside to get my camera, but by the time I got back, it was gone. I did notice what appeared to be rabbit droppings all around my garage. I got a ton of video of me trying to lure a rabbit, but no bunny sighting.

Fast forward to this morning. Amanda was leaving for work, and I said "Let me show you what happened". We walked into the garage, the whole time she was saying "There ain't no rabbit in here". Right, then she kicked the tote, evidently to prove the lack of said rabbit. Well, guess who pops out of the tote!!!

Amanda screamed and ran. I nearly soiled myself. The killer rabbit ran to the corner of my garage into some boxes. We couldn't lure it back out.

I'm about to go back into the garage armed only with my camera (and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch).

If you don't hear from me, know that I gave it all to catch a rabbit (on video).

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #78
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

You guys are too funny. Poor Amanda, that sounds like something that would've happened to me. Jerry (my dh) would have been rolling also.

Good luck with the killer rabbit and hope to hear you made it out safely

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #79
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

LOL!! I hate that rabbit!! You can add that thing to my list of stuff I am very, very afraid of....clowns, moths, and those twins from Florida, who were real estate agents/infomercial guys, who visited Monster Plantation when I worked there. That messed me up for life!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #80
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #81
TiggerD
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful family and love the pics of your past trips to the world of magic. I am looking forward to reading more of your pre-trip... We will be in Disney the same time and staying at POP from the 10-19th and our DS and DIL and two DGs will be joining us from the 12th-19th. We have stayed at POP 3 other times and love it.

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #82
P.I. Squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
LOL!! I hate that rabbit!! You can add that thing to my list of stuff I am very, very afraid of....clowns, moths, and those twins from Florida, who were real estate agents/infomercial guys, who visited Monster Plantation when I worked there. That messed me up for life!

These guys?

They are the Rice twins. Long grained and Wild were their names I think.

One of them passed away when we lived in Orlando. They were treated like royalty down there (no pun intended).

Old 05-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #83
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I. Squirrel View Post

These guys?

They are the Rice twins. Long grained and Wild were their names I think.

One of them passed away when we lived in Orlando. They were treated like royalty down there (no pun intended).

OH MY GOSH!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH DEAR!! My heart is beating in my chest like a million beats a minute right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They rode Monster and I was unloading. So, like the good employee I was....I held my hand out to help them get out of the boat (like we did with all guests) and one of them literally jumped out of the boat and fell down on his knees, looked at me and said, "ARRRGGGGHHHHH, Those monsters will make you go crazzzzzyyyyyy!" then proceeded to try and bite me in the ankles....I have never gotten over it, ever!!!!!!!!!!! I fell down on my backside and just laid there hyperventilating!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #84
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Ha HAHAHAHAH!!

So i see that Jason told you what happen today .....

It scaried me so bad.. Because i was so sure there was No bunny ...

Boy was i wrong!!!

ok So When i got home from work .. Jason says I got video of the bunny ....
really I said lets see it ...
So here's his video of the Bunny.... well sort of... you will see.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Push the bunny to see the video

So Now I have to get that thing out of my garage.....
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #85
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
Ha HAHAHAHAH!!

So i see that Jason told you what happen today .....

It scaried me so bad.. Because i was so sure there was No bunny ...

Boy was i wrong!!!

ok So When i got home from work .. Jason says I got video of the bunny ....
really I said lets see it ...
So here's his video of the Bunny.... well sort of... you will see.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Push the bunny to see the video

So Now I have to get that thing out of my garage.....
Awwww, he is so tiny!!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #86
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
OMG Amanda! These are so cute. I bet you do get some looks when you hand these out. You probably make their day and make their job feel a little more special that day! I love all your projects you do and that window!

O M G !

Did you get any response from that? People had to see it! Once before I started reading these boards I saw a note thing on someones door at Pop and it said if you DIs sign your name and they had a bunch of siggys. I was like WTH does that mean!?
Yes they get a big smile on their faces when i give one to them.
oh yes we heard from a few dis'ers plus we would hear people outside said sayig "what is Dis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
Hi! I just found your PTR! We check into POP a few days after you leave. I'm excited to try it out for the Goofy Jets for DD! I love all your planning stuff! You're very creative! The families you make are adorable!!
Welcome to my trip report, Your DD will love the goofy jets.. Keep reading the good stuff is coming uP soon, & if you have time read my past reports!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace and Mickey View Post
Good morning

Thank you for this I will try to this, I see if my daughter can help me

I love your "CasT member Thank you cards" This is great idea, on our 1st trip we had many CM be very nice to us and it would have been nice to be all to say more than THANKS (Our #2 daughter got proposed to on our trip)
I did see this DISign on the creavite thead and have thought about maybe seeing I could get one disigned our trip. I also am looking for a !st trip one for Landen

Is your sister going to WDW at the same time?
and staying at POP's too?

I know of another family going to WDW about the same and saying at Pop's too She ENGlISH ROSE.

Hopefully inabout 14days park hours will be released
Have you ever gone to Sea World on your trip?
We really want to this.
Have a good day, I going to read your 2008 trip report
Grace
I hope it works for you , Yes my sister & her family are going the same week as me, but she checks into pop one day later then me on the 12th...
Oh yes i have been to sea world, Me & my family lived in Orlando for over 5 years, so we had yearly passes to all the theme park in the area... its a very nice park
I'm glad your going to read the 2008 report you will love it !! we won alot of dreams that trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
You guys are too funny. Poor Amanda, that sounds like something that would've happened to me. Jerry (my dh) would have been rolling also.

Good luck with the killer rabbit and hope to hear you made it out safely
it scaried me so bad because i didn't think a bunny was going to jump out ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
it was very funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerD View Post
What a wonderful family and love the pics of your past trips to the world of magic. I am looking forward to reading more of your pre-trip... We will be in Disney the same time and staying at POP from the 10-19th and our DS and DIL and two DGs will be joining us from the 12th-19th. We have stayed at POP 3 other times and love it.

Looking forward to reading more.
thank you so much welcome to my trip report , Please stay around its just starting to get good, Yes you sound like us we love pop..

Quote:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH DEAR!! My heart is beating in my chest like a million beats a minute right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They rode Monster and I was unloading. So, like the good employee I was....I held my hand out to help them get out of the boat (like we did with all guests) and one of them literally jumped out of the boat and fell down on his knees, looked at me and said, "ARRRGGGGHHHHH, Those monsters will make you go crazzzzzyyyyyy!" then proceeded to try and bite me in the ankles....I have never gotten over it, ever!!!!!!!!!!! I fell down on my backside and just laid there hyperventilating!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Quote:
Awwww, he is so tiny!!!!!
he is very small.. but still freaky...Now i don't know how to get him out !!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #87
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
he is very small.. but still freaky...Now i don't know how to get him out !!
Awww, just keep him and name him Thumper!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #88
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Awww, I saw it...so cute. Is it still a resident in your garage though?

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 05-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #89
hlrababy

I would say I would come and take him off your hands, but the next time you see us, ask Chad how I am around rabbits. NOT GOOD!! When I was pregnant with Hollie, I wanted a lop-eared rabbit. Well this guy Chad worked with had rabbits. He sent me home 2 of them, a guy and a girl. They weren't lop-eared but they were cute.

A couple of weeks later, there were baby bunnies in the cage so we had to separate the babies and mama from the male. I walked in the garage to check on the babies, and all were dead but 1!! I was sad and we had a funeral. So, a couple of days pass and the other baby is just weak and acting weird. I walked in on the mother throwing it in the cage and she wouldn't feed it. Chad's friend told me that your not supposed to pick them up by their ears. I was so mad at her and those pregnancy hormones kicked in!! Chad walked in to the garage with me holding the mama by her ears screaming at her to feed her baby and that she was being very ugly and rude for letting her baby starve to death.......I never saw those rabbits again! Chad took them back!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #90
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Rabbit catching technique - We raise show rabbits so I can validate your thought on how fast they are. To catch a wild rabbit you need to purchase a live trap - somewhere like tractor supply - and bait it with rabbit goodies (they really like apples) - and the door will shut when he goes in to eat. No mess, no fuss, no drama.. Then just trap the trap to a more rural area, open the door and relocate the little bugger into a more natural habitat.
We live out in bubbaville and hve done this with racoons, possums, all kinds of varmits and it works well.
Good Luck

Last edited by meanmom121; 05-20-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: more info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: