Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #32
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Oh Amanda, I'm always for an extra night at Disney. It definately seems like the way to go. It would be a lot more convenient for you since you could unpack and begin to enjoy your room at disney a night earlier. Plus, as you said, the extra snack and CS credit are a big plus and almost make up the price difference themselves. Basically, extra night at disney worth $25?..... I THINK SO!!

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #33
P.I. Squirrel
DIS Veteran

Last year, we waited too late to add a day. We were on I-10 in florida, called up POP and said, "You got anything?" and they were all like "No!" and we were all like "No?" and they were all like "well you shoulda scheduled sooner", so here we are.

We must stay the extra day.

Food.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #34
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

I would stay at CBR....and get the extra night of free dining I'm always up for an extra night at a Disney Resort, I like that I can get settled on my travel day and not the following morning!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #35
meghanlea
Ky Girls Loves Goofy

oh extra day for sure! we are adding an extra day too. For one it adds extra meals (it evens out right? ) for two we are driving from KY so it's about 12-13 hrs and we will arrive about 3 or 4ish pm and don't want to go to the park since we will be tired from driving. And at the same time we can hang out at the resort or DTD and still enjoy disney. And last but not least, it makes the trip longer when you add a day!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #36
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

I just had to join in here. It looks like we will be at the same hotel at the same time. Most likely we will run into each other at some point in time.
We didn't get free dinning this trip. We had to take advantage of the 40% off deal.
We decided to stay in the Pirate rooms. You mentioned you didn't like where they are located. Is is not the best?

I am with the others. Extra night!!

Can't wait to read more.

You have a beautiful family
Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #37
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Extra night at Disney! Duh!
Thats what we are going to do we booked an extra day woohoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Oh Amanda, I'm always for an extra night at Disney. It definately seems like the way to go. It would be a lot more convenient for you since you could unpack and begin to enjoy your room at disney a night earlier. Plus, as you said, the extra snack and CS credit are a big plus and almost make up the price difference themselves. Basically, extra night at disney worth $25?..... I THINK SO!!
Yep Thats what we are going to do so we will be checking in on Sept 11 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I. Squirrel View Post
Last year, we waited too late to add a day. We were on I-10 in florida, called up POP and said, "You got anything?" and they were all like "No!" and we were all like "No?" and they were all like "well you shoulda scheduled sooner", so here we are.

Food.
Jason your right, Last year we couldn't get a room!! This year we are planning ahead... You stay around and help me this year on the the trip report..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
I would stay at CBR....and get the extra night of free dining I'm always up for an extra night at a Disney Resort, I like that I can get settled on my travel day and not the following morning!
Thats true!! we booked the extra night

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghanlea View Post
oh extra day for sure! we are adding an extra day too. For one it adds extra meals (it evens out right? ) for two we are driving from KY so it's about 12-13 hrs and we will arrive about 3 or 4ish pm and don't want to go to the park since we will be tired from driving. And at the same time we can hang out at the resort or DTD and still enjoy disney. And last but not least, it makes the trip longer when you add a day!
Hee hee!! everyone is up for the extra day... Well your right so we booked the extra day!!
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
Old 05-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #38
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
I just had to join in here. It looks like we will be at the same hotel at the same time. Most likely we will run into each other at some point in time.
We didn't get free dinning this trip. We had to take advantage of the 40% off deal.
We decided to stay in the Pirate rooms. You mentioned you didn't like where they are located. Is is not the best?

I am with the others. Extra night!!

Can't wait to read more.

You have a beautiful family
Hi thanks for joining us ..
Very cool that we will be there at the same time at the same resort .. if you see me please stop Me and say HEllo !!!!
No i don't like where the pirate rooms are..

you see the rooms are in the Trinidad south area... Its just too far for me to deal with..
Please don't get me wrong alot of people i have talked to say the walk was nothing. BUt To me it looks pretty far.. HAHAHA
We have booked the extra night .. What are your dates ??
Thank you they make me proud I love my family
you stay around ... we still have alot to cover ...
If you haven't read my past trip report please do so you will love them lots of photo's ....
~Amanda
To many Disney Trips to name them all. Here's a few of our Favorites!! ENJOY! 2000-2006 & 2012- now lived in Orlando! weekly vists Sept 2007 video = PoP Century 10 days Free Dining Trip report HereSept 2008= PoP Century 11 days Video Free Dining Trip report here Sept 2009= PoP Century 14 days video Free Dining Trip report here Dec 2009 All Star Sports 5 days video photosPart 1 Part 2 May 2010= Wilderness Lodge,8 day photos Days 1&2 Days 2,3 &4 Days 4&5 day 5 Days 6, 7 & 8Sept 2010[/B]= PoP Century 4-12 photos Days 1-8& photopass March 20 2011 port Orleans May 21 -29 2011 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Video Sept 11-19 2011 POP Video march 16-18,2012 Caribbean Beach Resort May11 2012 Beach club May 14, 2012 Disney Cruise on The Magic Sept 2012 not sure yet [COLOR="red"]
Old 05-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #39
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Hey everyone....
I hope you guys are doing good....
Well we booked the extra day
Our new dates are Sept 11- sept 20
Now that we changed our dates I need to change around my ADR's list Because we always start our disney trip off with dinner at Chef Mickeys

so with us checking in on the 11th we need to go there 1st So an updated ADR list will be coming soon ....

I went to the dollar tree .. Yes its that time again time for dollar tree shopping for the trip .. and guess what they have this year ...
little mermaid Floaties... Yep and Mickey Floaties.. So i picked up a few pairs of each .. I will get a photo of them soon...

So if you think your going to need floaties go to the dollar tree & get your disney ones...

Next time we will have our updated ADR list and a photo's of our new disney Floaties...

See you guys next time...
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #40
bentleygirl22
disney queen

Oh Yea did you see this ...

The Pirates League

Coming late June 2009 to Magic Kingdom

You can celebrate your Inner Pirate!

The Pirates League will allow boys and girls to transform themselves into Pirates, and allow their dreams to come true as they join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew. Participants will have a pirate identity, be transformed into a pirate by a WDW Pirate Master, and have access to a secret treasure room. They will be able to unlock clues to additional pirate encounters in Magic Kingdom.

Alexis Asked to do the real BBB this year, We did our own BBB and she came out so Pretty

Pretty Right .. So Who needs the real BBB .. right !! So I wasn't going to let her do the real BBB again this year because i really hate doing something extra for one and not have nothing extra planned for the other.... BUT.... now that they have the boy's pirate league , Jason can take james to it and I can take Alexis to do the real BBB and they both will feel Specia...l ..

Thank you disney for getting something for the boys.. NOw disney needs to get a Boy's themed Dinner...

So you guys what do you guys think about the pirate league.. I can't wait till it opens and some dis'er do it and get photos so i can see what they do and stuff.. I'm excited for the boys.. I also hear some girls want to do it too.. My little girl is an diva/princess type and could careless about Pirates.. James on the other hand is so looking forward to it...
Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #41
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

the dollar store has some amazing buys sometime huh!!! Never know what you will find!!! Congrats on the extra day
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #42
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I. Squirrel View Post

Food.
Aw, cool!!! Jason is on here!!! I was laughing at his signature!!! Hubbys and twilight DO NOT MIX!!!!!

I am gonna steal your wife though for the convention coming up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
Oh Yea did you see this ...

The Pirates League

Coming late June 2009 to Magic Kingdom

You can celebrate your Inner Pirate!

The Pirates League will allow boys and girls to transform themselves into Pirates, and allow their dreams to come true as they join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew. Participants will have a pirate identity, be transformed into a pirate by a WDW Pirate Master, and have access to a secret treasure room. They will be able to unlock clues to additional pirate encounters in Magic Kingdom.

Alexis Asked to do the real BBB this year, We did our own BBB and she came out so Pretty

Pretty Right .. So Who needs the real BBB .. right !! So I wasn't going to let her do the real BBB again this year because i really hate doing something extra for one and not have nothing extra planned for the other.... BUT.... now that they have the boy's pirate league , Jason can take james to it and I can take Alexis to do the real BBB and they both will feel Specia...l ..

Thank you disney for getting something for the boys.. NOw disney needs to get a Boy's themed Dinner...

So you guys what do you guys think about the pirate league.. I can't wait till it opens and some dis'er do it and get photos so i can see what they do and stuff.. I'm excited for the boys.. I also hear some girls want to do it too.. My little girl is an diva/princess type and could careless about Pirates.. James on the other hand is so looking forward to it...
I think the pirate league is gonna be really cool!! I am like you, its about time they did something for the boys!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #43
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

If you want to order her a Disney costume from MsB let me know. I'll email you her ebay link. She has all of the princesses and fairies that Disney sells. I just ordered 4 pairs of crocs from her today. She said they ship Monday. I can't wait to get them . I wore out my khaki/chocolate ones.

Pirates League sounds like fun. I can't wait to see someone do it too. If you see it before I do send me the link...K? When does it start? I agree...they need a boys meal! I was under the impression the league would come at the same time as a boys themed meal. Maybe they'll announce it soon. I hope it didn't get axed.

I'm glad ya'll added on the extra night. The longer the better, right? We're doing Chef Mickey's the first night too! It's a great place to start the party!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #44
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleygirl22 View Post
Hi thanks for joining us ..
Very cool that we will be there at the same time at the same resort .. if you see me please stop Me and say HEllo !!!!
No i don't like where the pirate rooms are..
you see the rooms are in the Trinidad south area... Its just too far for me to deal with..
Please don't get me wrong alot of people i have talked to say the walk was nothing. BUt To me it looks pretty far.. HAHAHA
We have booked the extra night .. What are your dates ??
Thank you they make me proud I love my family
you stay around ... we still have alot to cover ...
If you haven't read my past trip report please do so you will love them lots of photo's ....
~Amanda
We are staying from the 12-18th.

I see. Yeah we love to walk so I don't think that will be a big deal. But i can understand where you are coming from. I might like to walk and my mom, but my kids don't So they might not enjoy it so much. Oh well I guess we will have to make due. I didn't realize it was further when we booked.

Hopefully we will get the chance to bump into each other. Same here if you see me stop me and say Hey.

Oh and don't worry I will stay around.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #45
P.I. Squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
:I am gonna steal your wife though for the convention coming up!!!
Take my wife please....

to the convention, that is!

Quote:
I think the pirate league is gonna be really cool!! I am like you, its about time they did something for the boys!!!
I just saw the prices today. The cheapie package is 49.95 !!! Oy, there goes another hour of overtime.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: