Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

1 Preggo Mommy, A Hubby Who's Impartial, and a Lil Princess Turning 3! *Update 10/5*

Hello everyone! My name is Danielle. I've never written a trip report before but, I've read plenty...so bear with me! This will be our family's 2nd vacation to the world. Our 1st trip was September last year. We had a blast and I couldn't wait to go again! Let me introduce the family and get this thang started...

That's me, Danielle (24) and Disney lover Cinderella and Little Mermaid are probably my favorite Disney movies and I love all the villians! I am currently 14 weeks preggo and will be about 26 weeks when we go. I am a Disboutiquer. If you don't know what that is, it is a thread on the board for people who make custom boutique clothing (most Disney themed). I'll be making all of Violette's outfits for the trip.

That's my hubby, Jerry (27). I don't think he's the biggest fan of Disney..lol..but he goes because he loves me He hates rollercoasters but said he wants to do more rides this year. Which is fine because all I can do is kiddy rides anyway. He lets me do all the planning because he knows I'm obsessed.

And this is our baby girl Violette (she'll be 3 in August) She's Disney obsessed like me. She loves all the princess movies. Among her favorites are Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Sleeping Beauty. This year we are really going to make an effort to meet the princesses.

DH is in the military so we got a great deal on our Disney vacation this year! We are staying at the Pop Century for 5 days/4nights from Oct 15-19. I know I'm probably crazy for going 6 months preggo but I really wanted Violette to have another Disney trip before the baby comes because it will probably be at least 2 more years before we can go again. I hope you enjoy what I have to write. Can't wait to chat and post more

Last edited by xdanielleax; 10-05-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Change title
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great start so far! Congratulations on the new little one - are you guys going to find out boy/girl or be surprised?

Sounds like you're going to have a nice trip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Thanks Yes, we are going to find out. I can't wait! I still have a few weeks until I get my ultrasound. It's driving me crazy!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Deposit is Down! We're Really Going!

So I put our deposit down and I am just so excited! We will be staying 5 days/4 nights at Pop Century from October 15-19! I've got a lot to do before we go. We are moving in 4 days so all my sewing stuff is packed away. I've got quite a few outfits to make for Violette. I can't wait to finish some and post them. I also made our ADR's. Here's what our days are going to look like...I think...lol

Day 1: Magic Kingdom and dinner at Cinderella's Once Upon a Time dinner at 1900 park faire.

Day 2: DHS and dinner at Chef Mickey's. I'm kinda bummed because the only time I could get for Chef Mickey's is at 845pm. Violette is only 3 so I don't know if she'll make it..lol..I'm trying to trade times on another board right now.

Day 3: Epcot and the Princess Storybook dinner at Akershus. I'm excited about this one because last year we never even made it to the countries in Epcot..lol..

Day 4: Magic Kingdom again and breakfast at O'hana.

Day 5: Hang out the pool, maybe go to DTD, then head home

I wish I could've booked for another day, but it's just not really in our budget. Things may change though.
We aren't going to do Animal Kingdom again this year. It was just so so hot last year and there and it just wasn't one of our favorites. I think Violette will have a much better time with this schedule.
And now here are some pics from last year..hehe..I hate posting without putting any pics.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Wow! Your daughter is adorable :]
I am enjoying your PTR, so far!
You have a nice style of writing.

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Great so far. You DD is so cute.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Trip is Paid For!

Sorry guys. It's been a little bit since I've posted. Our trip is all paid for and is confirmed! We will be driving down Oct 14 around 2am from North Carolina. We'll probably arrive around 1030 or 11am on the 15th. My belly has been getting bigger by the day! We found out we are having a precious little boy! His name will be Kingston Jace. So now that we've got one of both, I think we are done...at least that's what DH tells me...lol I am working on Violette's outfits for the trip as we speak. I am pretty much finished with 2 of them. But, I've got 4 more to do! I'm in the middle of the 3rd outfit right now.

This is Violette's Minnie dress. She will be wearing it to Chef Mickey's and Magic Kingdom. All I've got left to do on this one is make an apron and a hairbow.

And this is a Nemo set I made that she will probably wear to Epcot.

Since we are getting closer to our trip, I will be posting more frequently. So, until next time...
Old 09-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Those outfits are adorable!!!!! It is getting close for you - so exciting. We leave Nov 7th. I won't find out the sex of our baby until after we get back, though. Probably a good thing. I can see myself shopping like crazy if I knew what I has having.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I'm in for the fun!!!

Congrats on Kingston!!! How exciting!!!

You guys are sooooo cute! I can't wait to read more!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on the little guy!! Sounds like a fun trip, preggo and all! Can't wait to hear about it!

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

Old 10-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

10 Days To Go!!!

We are down to the wire now! 10 days until we arrive in the World! I got more outfits done. All that's left for me to make is a Nightmare Before Christmas twirl skirt and a Lilo dress for Ohana. I'm also finishing up a pettiskirt that is kicking my butt...soooooo many ruffles!!! We got our itinerary in the mail from Disney last week! I got so excited opening the mail and seeing that. I can't believe we are going back.
This is Violette's pink Cinderella dress for our dinner at 1900 park fare.

I made a blue Sleeping Beauty dress for her. She might wear this to dinner at Akershus

And this is an Ariel set I made that she may wear in Epcot

I feel like I've got so much to do before we leave! I really need to start getting stuff together to pack so I'm not doing it last minute. Well, that's all I got for now. I'll update again before we leave! Thanks for reading!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Those outfits are adorable - it is getting so close for you. We just made our countdown calendar on Saturday and get to start pulling off the days on tomorrow!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

Love the outfits! That Ariel outfit is so cute and unique! I like you you did the patchwork with just different shades of green. It came out very sweet.

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

Old 10-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #14
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Love the new outfits...what is the petti for??? How brave of you to take one on. I buy mine! i would never make all those ruffles!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #15
xdanielleax
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the compliments! The petti is for her to wear under some of her outfits for poof...let me tell ya....it's a beast! I wanna give up on it but it's almost there now and I don't have time to order one before our trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: