Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which dress?
Dress one 6 8.11%
Dress two 6 8.11%
Dress three 16 21.62%
Dress four 19 25.68%
Dress five 19 25.68%
Dress six 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #76
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

yay for 2010!!!!! Congrats!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #77
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Hooray for calling Disney and getting more info! How exciting!!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #78
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

All those dresses are great.

Our consultant is also Pam. We're also planning an Epcot ceremony. We are seriously considering Japan's Arch.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
CharacterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #79
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
YAY I finally found time to catch up on your PJ! First off congratulations on everything and I just love your story... you and DF are too cute together! All of your plans sound amazing... I love the first bouquet you posted, all the dresses look amazing on you, your ceremony plans sound great (I think it would be hilarious if you did the flask and beaker for the sand ceremony). So sorry about the work drama but YAY for being 2010 bride!!!! Oh and love the ring... I vote for stones just part way around... I think it would be more comfortable. Can't wait to read more!
Thank you Adelia!! We are one of those annoying couples haha. Super science geeks. Thank you...I love that bouquet as well. Still unsure of colors but I love those flowers. And thank you about the dresses. It was so much fun. And I agree about the flasks. We're total nerves. I agree about the ring, but FSIL made a good point that rings twist around. DF wants a tungsten ring I think (super cheap, yay!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
yay for 2010!!!!! Congrats!
I know Sam! I'm so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Hooray for calling Disney and getting more info! How exciting!!
Thanks Anjanette. It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharacterFan View Post
All those dresses are great.

Our consultant is also Pam. We're also planning an Epcot ceremony. We are seriously considering Japan's Arch.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans.
Awesome that we share Pam. The japanese arch seams really interesting. Too many ideas. Where's your PJ. I'd love to read about your plans.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #80
Pirate's Princess

So I'm on my school laptop and it won't let me upload pictures so I'll just post links for now. I wasn't feeling well today so I called out...and surfed the web for wedding stuff!

Here are some more bridesmaid dresses I found:

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesm...ne&colorid=496

and

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesm...tOrder=Default

And one of these platters instead of a guest book. I liked the idea of the vase, but I never buy cut flowers so this would be used more!

http://www.tybinc.com/cid-106-1/wedd...k_platter.html

I was thinking of getting one customized with Mike and I wearing lab coats and holding sciencey things!

Still unsure about colors: Fall colors (brown, orange, red, greens etc...), Purple-red with champange, Eggplant purple with greens, or Blues with teals and taupe. Too many choices!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #81
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
So I'm on my school laptop and it won't let me upload pictures so I'll just post links for now. I wasn't feeling well today so I called out...and surfed the web for wedding stuff!

Here are some more bridesmaid dresses I found:

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesm...ne&colorid=496

and

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesm...tOrder=Default

And one of these platters instead of a guest book. I liked the idea of the vase, but I never buy cut flowers so this would be used more!

http://www.tybinc.com/cid-106-1/wedd...k_platter.html

I was thinking of getting one customized with Mike and I wearing lab coats and holding sciencey things!

Still unsure about colors: Fall colors (brown, orange, red, greens etc...), Purple-red with champange, Eggplant purple with greens, or Blues with teals and taupe. Too many choices!!!
Hope you feel better soon Sam! Being sick is never fun, but at least it's a good excuse to browse for wedding stuff! Lol! I know I take any excuse I can get!

The second BM dress is really cute! I think it'd look nice on a lot of different figured ladies too! And hmm... all those colors sound nice! Of course, I'm going to say eggplant purple with greens or purple-red with champagne. I'm biased though! Purple anything draws my attention.

That platter idea is adorable!!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #82
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Hope you are feeling better

I agree, I like the second one, it's really cute.

The plate idea is awesome, I love the lab coat idea. I'm doing a guest book frame, where everyone signs the matting and you put a wedding picture in it after the wedding, more practical than a book.

I always love earthy tones for fall weddings, I'm bias for red, but blues, teal, and taupe would look really pretty together.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #83
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Does anyone have some good pics of those places??
I have some shots of my bridal party in front of the arch and I have some pictures of DH and I on the bridge in Japan. Let me know if you want me to post them here or just give the link I don't want to hijack with shots from my wedding, lol.

I didn't even realize that was a completely different font. I saw your link and thought it was the Waltograph font like I have used on a lot of stuff. Now I will have to download that one too, thanks for the tip

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #84
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Hope you feel better soon Sam! Being sick is never fun, but at least it's a good excuse to browse for wedding stuff! Lol! I know I take any excuse I can get!

The second BM dress is really cute! I think it'd look nice on a lot of different figured ladies too! And hmm... all those colors sound nice! Of course, I'm going to say eggplant purple with greens or purple-red with champagne. I'm biased though! Purple anything draws my attention.

That platter idea is adorable!!
Purple is a very lovely color. I don't really wear it, but I keep going back to it. Plus it goes very well with green. I need a dress that goes from teeny to larger since that's the way my BMs are! It's very difficult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Hope you are feeling better

I agree, I like the second one, it's really cute.

The plate idea is awesome, I love the lab coat idea. I'm doing a guest book frame, where everyone signs the matting and you put a wedding picture in it after the wedding, more practical than a book.

I always love earthy tones for fall weddings, I'm bias for red, but blues, teal, and taupe would look really pretty together.
I like the signing matte, but I love cooking so I thought the platter would be useful! I love earthy tones as well but looking at pics of the LSS it's very vibrant and I want everything to meld together. It have a very orangey-brown wood tone (at least in pics) and I want everyone to pop and not fade into the background. That's why I thinking more green and purple earth tones instead. But the blues and teals really work well with the space. Plus we like those colors too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
I have some shots of my bridal party in front of the arch and I have some pictures of DH and I on the bridge in Japan. Let me know if you want me to post them here or just give the link I don't want to hijack with shots from my wedding, lol.

I didn't even realize that was a completely different font. I saw your link and thought it was the Waltograph font like I have used on a lot of stuff. Now I will have to download that one too, thanks for the tip
Oh please Vanessa, hijack away!! I'd love to see the pics to get some ideas. And I hope you enjoy the fonts!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #85
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

great dresses sam!! I think I like the style of #2 also, but there is something about #1 that intrigues me
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #86
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the font, I love the additions

I will try not to hijack too much

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #87
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

congrats

just catching up on your plans and they sound lovely! pam is our WC too! She has been great. Looking forward to hearing more....
Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #88
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

so i finally caught up......congrats on 2010!!!! such a good year ( so what if im a tiny bit bias) i think having the EPCOT ball as a back drop would be awesome, but then again all of the countries you are looking at are beautiful so you cant really go wrong

im definately going with the 2nd BM dress. for some reason it just catches my eye ( i happened to have them both opened on my dual screens at work and i was drawn to that one) although both are good, i like the tea length dresses, i think they look so classy and are so comfortable for the girls wearing them
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #89
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
so i finally caught up......congrats on 2010!!!! such a good year ( so what if im a tiny bit bias) i think having the EPCOT ball as a back drop would be awesome, but then again all of the countries you are looking at are beautiful so you cant really go wrong

im definately going with the 2nd BM dress. for some reason it just catches my eye ( i happened to have them both opened on my dual screens at work and i was drawn to that one) although both are good, i like the tea length dresses, i think they look so classy and are so comfortable for the girls wearing them
Yay for 2010 brides Meghan! I love tea length. I'm going to have some range in ages so I'd prefer them to all feel comfortable. Plus I think the knee length is a little too "girly" Like less mature. I emailed my WC about getting pictures of the countries because it's so hard to decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
great dresses sam!! I think I like the style of #2 also, but there is something about #1 that intrigues me
That's Sam. That's the same way I feel. I'll probably go with something more like #2, but I'd prefer to wear #1 personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
just catching up on your plans and they sound lovely! pam is our WC too! She has been great. Looking forward to hearing more....
Thanks Tammy! So far, Pam has been really nice. I'm excited to really start planning.

Thanks for the pictures Vanessa! They are lovely. It's an interesting backdrop. Did you take those after the wedding?

So anyway, sorry about the delay. I've had a REALLY bad week at work. The students are SOOOOO snotty. They have no concept of self control or responsibility. They are constantly whining! And so rude. They have no concept of being a decent human being. Geez. I've also gotten bad allergies and been sick. But the Dis does totally cheer me up.

So I'm playing around with the colors from the dessy website but it won't let me get pictures of the different colors. It's totally frustrating. So I'll just post the colors:

For the blue-green look: Oasis, Sapphire, Meadow accents and Taupe.

Eggplant and green: aubergine, moss, and kiwi, smashing and palimino. EDIT: Instead of moss and kiwi, clover and mint

Fall colors: Burgundy, buttercup, butterscotch, latte and apple slice.

Who knows.

Possible shoe choices:

or

I want flats so I can wear these:

Also some more ideas:

Now I need to find some purple flower ideas.

Last edited by Pirate's Princess; 05-16-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #90
Pirate's Princess

Sidenote: Some one posted the toyko disney wedding site and I was checking it out. They actually sell Disney princess wedding dresses. They are intense!

http://www.disneyweddings.jp/japanese/dah/opt/dre.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: