Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which dress?
Dress one 6 8.11%
Dress two 6 8.11%
Dress three 16 21.62%
Dress four 19 25.68%
Dress five 19 25.68%
Dress six 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #31
Inn0c3nc3
Disney Princess at Heart <3

I lovelovelove dresses four and five both, but four won my vote because you said five was kind of difficult.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #32
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Haha I love the you got filtered!!!
I noticed that too lol!

Well I am glad you guys had fun skydiving, did you get any of the pictures from it yet? My co-worker went and has a picture of himself on the way down, it was very cool!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #33
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Your engagement story is adorable!!

I have to vote for the number 6 dress, it is the most "princessy" as far as Disney is concerned, in my opinion anyway Plus the back looks awesome.

I love the flowers, I am doing orchids, roses, and calla lillies for my bouquet . I am working on getting a PJ up myself (although for a non-disney wedding and disneymoon), but I will post some pictures once I get it up.

Congratulations!!!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #34
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Quote:
Haha I love the you got filtered!!!

I think dress 6 is a great choice. And you could have picked dress 7...we would have been dress twins!!
Haha Amanda, I don't think I could stand next to you in the dress. It was made for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn0c3nc3 View Post
I lovelovelove dresses four and five both, but four won my vote because you said five was kind of difficult.
I'm glad you like them! Dress 5 was a bit of a pain, but it was so pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
I noticed that too lol!

Well I am glad you guys had fun skydiving, did you get any of the pictures from it yet? My co-worker went and has a picture of himself on the way down, it was very cool!
That's awesome Sam. We didn't get pictures though...to get a video was an extra $80. So DF said he didn't need one. We did get certificates though. It was SOOO awesome. DF went first and when I landed, he ran up to me, and picked me up and kiss me (wet snot and all...it was cold during freefall!!) I wish I got pictures but it was a lot of money. I'd rather spend it at Disney, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Your engagement story is adorable!!

I have to vote for the number 6 dress, it is the most "princessy" as far as Disney is concerned, in my opinion anyway Plus the back looks awesome.

I love the flowers, I am doing orchids, roses, and calla lillies for my bouquet . I am working on getting a PJ up myself (although for a non-disney wedding and disneymoon), but I will post some pictures once I get it up.

Congratulations!!!
Thank you Belle! I can't wait to read your PJ! I agree about the dress being princessy and the back is so amazing...the pictures don't even show it.

Glad you like the flowers. I love orchids and lillies but for some reason I'm not a big rose fan. Congrats on the disneymoon though!

So everyday, I'm becoming more and more convinced I want to get married in 2010. I just need to talk to my parents but my mom's been crazy busy because my grandmother broke her ankle last week so we've been busy watching her, and arranging for a live-in and all that jazz. She's too busy to discuss it right now. But I've hinted...hehe

Also I think I found a BM dress I like. Unfortunately I think I'm going to like a 100 BM (not really) but I have to have DF's sister (even though she already told me I won't be one of hers...she's not even engaged yet!), then my Man of Honor will be my brother, my sister in law, my brother's woman, my 2 cousins (because I can't pick one without creating a problem)...it's never ending!

Anyway, I can't post pics on this computer but here's a link. It's a dessy: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/D417/

colors, I don't know: brown, wine, ...???
Old 04-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #35
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Oohh I love that dress! I love all of Dessy's BM dresses though.

And if you do 2010 when are you thinking...earlier or later??
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #36
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Oohh I love that dress! I love all of Dessy's BM dresses though.

And if you do 2010 when are you thinking...earlier or later??

Thanks! I think the BM dress compliments dress 6. Similar lines, but not dominating. I don't want strapless or halter dresses. I originally wanted the girls in different dresses, but DF wants them all in the same...perhaps I can talk him into different colors though.

I'm thinking just moving it up a year to October 28th 2010. It's a thursday. DF and I are both teachers and the first weekend in November is Teacher's Convention...known as Jersey Week in WDW. Schools are closed that Thursday and Friday. So we want to get married BEFORE the convention, so we can just take off the Mon, Tues, Wed, and get a full week of honeymoon time. We'd probably have to take time off without pay, since we'd need prob the wed, thur, and fri of the wedding, but who cares
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #37
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Thanks! I think the BM dress compliments dress 6. Similar lines, but not dominating. I don't want strapless or halter dresses. I originally wanted the girls in different dresses, but DF wants them all in the same...perhaps I can talk him into different colors though.

I'm thinking just moving it up a year to October 28th 2010. It's a thursday. DF and I are both teachers and the first weekend in November is Teacher's Convention...known as Jersey Week in WDW. Schools are closed that Thursday and Friday. So we want to get married BEFORE the convention, so we can just take off the Mon, Tues, Wed, and get a full week of honeymoon time. We'd probably have to take time off without pay, since we'd need prob the wed, thur, and fri of the wedding, but who cares
Oohh a fall wedding would be lovely!! There is so much you can do!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #38
Ann117
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on moving the date up!!! I also love the bridesmaid dressing they are such a cute length!!
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #39
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer

I'm new to this, so still a little confused. I hope this posts correctly! I voted for dress four, but dress six is beautiful too..actually, they all looked great on you! I totally understand how you feel about moving the date up and planning before you were even engaged! Either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but it seems like you are already so prepared that doing it in 2010 wouldn't be difficult. Plus, I think a year and a half engagement is a perfect length!
DisneyMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #40
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

A fall wedding will be amazing. Especially at Epcot since that will be during the Food & Wine Festival. I was also an Epcot bride with a LSS reception; you'll love having pictures in the World Showcase For the dresses, I can't really decide. I went to 14 shops and tried over 100 before I picked mine, so I'm probably not the biggest help. If you aren't leaning towards one specifically I would keep looking evening trying out other shops. That is what I found helped me narrow my options.

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #41
Tink&PirateMama
queen mamadalla is what they call me... they being the jedis in my house... one is also a fairy

I voted for six- it looks great on you! Perfect for your frame. I actually have dress 5- in red! There are pics of it in page one of my PJ if you'd like to see it in red just to see. It is very heavy and a pain to lace, you are right, LOL! I'm quite worried about the lacing actually!! But I do love the dress.

Congratulations on your engagement, look forward to seeing the rest of your plans!
Tink&PirateMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #42
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm thinking just moving it up a year to October 28th 2010.
The BM dress is really cute. I love the idea of different dresses/colors, I would have done the same, but I'm only having a MOH. That dress would look really cute in the different deep colors you are thinking. To compromise with your DF you could find a dress with a waist sash and alternate those colors, but have the body of the dress be the same color.

Yeh for moving it up!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #43
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

great dress and yay for moving up the wedding!
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #44
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
The BM dress is really cute. I love the idea of different dresses/colors, I would have done the same, but I'm only having a MOH. That dress would look really cute in the different deep colors you are thinking. To compromise with your DF you could find a dress with a waist sash and alternate those colors, but have the body of the dress be the same color.

Yeh for moving it up!
Thanks Belle! I also saw this dress with the accent colors: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/D418/

I just feel like I'm going to have many I want some variety. I do like the waist sash idea as well. Dessy has some really nice dresses! Sometimes I feel like I'd rather have 1, but I want to include people and want to be included at theirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink&PirateMama View Post
I voted for six- it looks great on you! Perfect for your frame. I actually have dress 5- in red! There are pics of it in page one of my PJ if you'd like to see it in red just to see. It is very heavy and a pain to lace, you are right, LOL! I'm quite worried about the lacing actually!! But I do love the dress.

Congratulations on your engagement, look forward to seeing the rest of your plans!
Thank you!! I loved 6. Wow, I can't imagine dress 5 in red...so dramatic! Did you get it from Davids Bridals? Dress 5 was on sale when I tried it on...but all that lace! It was so beautiful, but just too much for me. I do love it though. It will be my #2. I'm looking forward to reading your VR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
A fall wedding will be amazing. Especially at Epcot since that will be during the Food & Wine Festival. I was also an Epcot bride with a LSS reception; you'll love having pictures in the World Showcase For the dresses, I can't really decide. I went to 14 shops and tried over 100 before I picked mine, so I'm probably not the biggest help. If you aren't leaning towards one specifically I would keep looking evening trying out other shops. That is what I found helped me narrow my options.
Yay Vanessa! I have totally read your PJ and it made me love LSS so much more! And I'm totally stealing your snowglobe idea! I hope my wedding is half as beautiful as yours!! Thanks for trying to help with the dresses. I'm usually indecisive...or its more like I don't like deciding and pick 2 and want both, haha. I put on dress 6, and felt like it was the one. I'm still open to looking...it certainly is fun! But it's my bar to set the others against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy View Post
I'm new to this, so still a little confused. I hope this posts correctly! I voted for dress four, but dress six is beautiful too..actually, they all looked great on you! I totally understand how you feel about moving the date up and planning before you were even engaged! Either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but it seems like you are already so prepared that doing it in 2010 wouldn't be difficult. Plus, I think a year and a half engagement is a perfect length!
Whoops almost miss ya! You posted perfectly! First off welcome to the boards!!! And I finally got a chance to talk to my mom (she brought it up, not me) and she said she thinks we can swing that. I'm nervous and anxious about the date. I don't want to build up my expectations too much (i have a tendency of doing that) and I get impatient...plus with price raises--weekday for premium season jumped up 150%! Plus having my grandmother (who I lovingly call Oma) fall...it made me nervous. She's 85. My Opa (grandfather) passed away last year and I want her there. That extra year may seem like a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
Congratulations on moving the date up!!! I also love the bridesmaid dressing they are such a cute length!!
Thanks Ann!! It's not definite yet but I want it! And I love tea length!

Quote:
Oohh a fall wedding would be lovely!! There is so much you can do!!
I'm hoping for a fall...just upset about the cost. That's why I'm thinking of a Thursday, because friday is $25000!!!!!

Last edited by Pirate's Princess; 04-28-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Pirate's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #45
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay Vanessa! I have totally read your PJ and it made me love LSS so much more! And I'm totally stealing your snowglobe idea! I hope my wedding is half as beautiful as yours!! Thanks for trying to help with the dresses. I'm usually indecisive...or its more like I don't like deciding and pick 2 and want both, haha. I put on dress 6, and felt like it was the one. I'm still open to looking...it certainly is fun! But it's my bar to set the others against.
Thank you so much; I know my wedding would not have been half as nice without all the help of Disney brides who gave me inspiration during my planning process too The snowglobes were a huge hit with our guests; everyone loved going around looking at the different tables. I actually stole the idea when we were down for our PS. We went on a site visit to Ariel's and they were setting up for a reception. The bride had used snowglobes and I thought it was a great idea! I still have like 5 of the snowglobes in my house and a couple more that are still in the boxes. Maybe I need to sell the ones that aren't on display on eBay and save the money towards our next Disney trip

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: