Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which dress?
Dress one 6 8.11%
Dress two 6 8.11%
Dress three 16 21.62%
Dress four 19 25.68%
Dress five 19 25.68%
Dress six 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #151
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

hehee i meant chips.. packets of chips / potato chips (my fav is lays bbq!!)

we call the oven potato fries - chips

and the crisps in packets (snack ones) - crisps - which is chips to you.

haha i asked for chips once in disney and they gave me a packet of 'crisps' and i felt like crying .. i kept saying... 'no, i want some chips please, them..'-pointing at the fries in front of me ... bearing in mind i was 10 at the time.. but yeah.. the whole different names of things is wierd!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #152
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
I love carbs and veggies too!
Yay for fellow veg head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie77 View Post
sam-the dress you chose looks beautiful on you. i too am not a princessy dress person. its just not me-i have a more modern/stylish style i think. i love the dress you chose, it fits your body frame very well! i love that feeling of finding the right dress and just knowing. congrats!
Thank you Stephie! I actually knew the dress the moment I saw it on the website. I just knew that was the one. I it

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
hehee i meant chips.. packets of chips / potato chips (my fav is lays bbq!!)

we call the oven potato fries - chips

and the crisps in packets (snack ones) - crisps - which is chips to you.

haha i asked for chips once in disney and they gave me a packet of 'crisps' and i felt like crying .. i kept saying... 'no, i want some chips please, them..'-pointing at the fries in front of me ... bearing in mind i was 10 at the time.. but yeah.. the whole different names of things is wierd!
Haha, I realized right after I read your thread what crisps were. I knew chips were fries and I don't know why I mixed them up, haha Just one of those days, hehe. That must have been so sad for you when you were 10!

So I found a new hair website, when checking out the wedding board (the short hair thread) and found some hairstyles I liked. I guess I'll number them 1,2,3 on the top, and 4,5,6 on the bottom. I think #6 would go well with the front hair style from the veil picture.

Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #153
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

oooh i like all of them exept 2 .. too much stuff in the hair!

they are really girly but elegant at the same time, number 5 is my favourite and i think that'd look great with a tiara and a flower in your hair!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #154
Pirate's Princess

Haha Stacey, I think we have polar opposite taste! Number 2 is my favorite and number 5 is my least! Although I really like #3 and 6 is definitely a good possibility, especially with the front shown in the veil shot. I find it funny, none of them are shown with tiaras...maybe I'll just do the flowers or barrettes. who knows?? Things are crazy busy right now with it being the end of the school year, preparing for finals, looking for positions for next year. Uh, it's exhausting. And p90x is whooping my butt! But I lost like 1-2 lbs and I wasn't even trying. It's definitely an awesome workout!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #155
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Saaam! I've been absent from the boards lately, otherwise I would have had already told you that you so totally chose the right dress for you! It looks so stunning on you! LOVE it!

As far as your hairstyles go... hmm, I think I like number 2 or number 3 the best! Any of them would look lovely on you though!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #156
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

33333333333333333333333333333333333 (thats my vote)
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #157
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear your work out is working out Sorry if I'm the only one who found that funny! How much longer until school is out?? Hairstyle 3 is my fav!!

1991: Port Orleans Resort, August 1992: 5th Birthday at Carribean Beach Resort, December 1994: Offsite, August 2007:Pop Century, May 2009: Graduation Celebration at Pop Century, June 2009: Offsite, nieces' first trip (ages 2 and 5 months), April 2011: Offsite, Belle's first trip to Disney World (8 months), April 2012: VGC, First trip to Disney Land
DisneyMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #158
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Saaam! I've been absent from the boards lately, otherwise I would have had already told you that you so totally chose the right dress for you! It looks so stunning on you! LOVE it!

As far as your hairstyles go... hmm, I think I like number 2 or number 3 the best! Any of them would look lovely on you though!
Well thank you Anjanette. I hope you've been well! I'm glad you like the hairstyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
33333333333333333333333333333333333 (thats my vote)
So I'm taking that you like the third one?? I really like it because I can totally see my hair doing that...I have thick dark hair. I'd have to grow it out a little bit but I was planning that as well.

I'm just glad to find brunette styles...most are on blondes or light brown. Not dark brown like ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy View Post
Glad to hear your work out is working out Sorry if I'm the only one who found that funny! How much longer until school is out?? Hairstyle 3 is my fav!!
Haha Missy, I appreciate that joke too! It definitely is! School is out June 24th. It's not so bad. The next 3 days I'm having the students present projects (although only 2 were ready today! ) Then Mon and Tues doing review sheets. Then finals begin on Wed, and for the rest of the week and Mon. Tues is make up and Wed is day without the students. So YAY!! Then July 6th the summer program starts which will bring about its own issues (I work with young autistic children) but DF will be with me!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #159
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Haha Missy, I appreciate that joke too! It definitely is! School is out June 24th. It's not so bad. The next 3 days I'm having the students present projects (although only 2 were ready today! ) Then Mon and Tues doing review sheets. Then finals begin on Wed, and for the rest of the week and Mon. Tues is make up and Wed is day without the students. So YAY!! Then July 6th the summer program starts which will bring about its own issues (I work with young autistic children) but DF will be with me!
Oh that's not too bad, only two weeks to go! Uht-oh...looks like you've got a bunch of procrastinators! If they're anything like me, they all got them done last night!! That's so awesome that you and DF work with autistic children...you guys are so sweet!

1991: Port Orleans Resort, August 1992: 5th Birthday at Carribean Beach Resort, December 1994: Offsite, August 2007:Pop Century, May 2009: Graduation Celebration at Pop Century, June 2009: Offsite, nieces' first trip (ages 2 and 5 months), April 2011: Offsite, Belle's first trip to Disney World (8 months), April 2012: VGC, First trip to Disney Land
DisneyMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #160
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Phew just read your whole PJ.

Great dress pick it really suits you. Purple is my fav colour and sometimes wish I'd picked that as my colour. The cake looks fab. I think the BM dresses are all great as they could wear them again, I think the 3rd one you posted is my fav. I think with DPS you'll have to be really specific about what shots you want. Its great that you've got a new job and been able to move the wedding up to 2010. Oh and I love your engagement story.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #161
Pirate's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy View Post
Oh that's not too bad, only two weeks to go! Uht-oh...looks like you've got a bunch of procrastinators! If they're anything like me, they all got them done last night!! That's so awesome that you and DF work with autistic children...you guys are so sweet!
Oh I totally do. Most of the projects should be done by today, but I doubt we'll finish. So that means one less to review but I don't think they really care. And thanks! We really got into it because it's not too bad a job, pay is ok, and the hours are great, but it is definitely rewarding. But it makes me worry about having autistic children. It can be very hard depending on the severity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Phew just read your whole PJ.

Great dress pick it really suits you. Purple is my fav colour and sometimes wish I'd picked that as my colour. The cake looks fab. I think the BM dresses are all great as they could wear them again, I think the 3rd one you posted is my fav. I think with DPS you'll have to be really specific about what shots you want. Its great that you've got a new job and been able to move the wedding up to 2010. Oh and I love your engagement story.

Congrats on catching up Claire! Thank you, I love dress too. I've never been a big purple person but for some reason those colors really drew me in. I like the BM dresses. I still need to actually see them in person, but I think they are a little different and fun. I definitely plan on composing a list of shots but I really love candid shots. I'm excited for 2010! I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait over 2 years. And thanks! DF tried really hard to keep it a surprise (even picking a fight with me to throw me off his scent) and he is amazing. I love him so much! As for the cake, we're still up in the air. I love the argyle type cake, but we have this really cute idea to have a futurama themed cake (very little theming)...I don't know, we're weird!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #162
Pirate's Princess

So I emailed my WC for an estimated budget for the Living Seas and it was $25,000!!!

Of course going through it, there's a lot of things that I could do without...Epcot instead of WP, a DJ (although DF is fighting me on this), I figure silk florals instead of theirs, Snow Globes as center pieces (Thanks Figment Fan!), etc.... And they fill the buffet with a dinner, while we'll do brunch, and Brand name alcohol...we'll probably go with the hosted bar, because people will want booze, but very little.

If you want a link to the pdf file, just PM me!

And PS I was offered a position at another school, so now I have 2 job offers! I feel special.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #163
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Wow that seems like a lot, but I'm sure you can cut it down.

I am working with the lady for a custom flower order, she does "real touch" flowers, not just silk ones http://www.sharonnagassardesigns.com/index.html She has samples on her website. I'll share my samples when I get them. Her prices are not bad either.

You could do just a wine and beer bar, or if they would let you do mimosa's you could do tangerine, grapefruit, and orange juice. My FSIL did beer, wine, a alcoholic and non-alcoholic punch at her wedding.

Yea for a second job offer!

Last edited by LLLBelle; 06-16-2009 at 01:27 PM.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:33 AM   #164
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Thats great you've got another job offer.

I'm sure you can cut it down from $25K no problem.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #165
figmentfan814
DIS Veteran

Don't worry, I know that you'll be able to dramatically cut it down from the 25K. With our brunch reception at LS, 50 guests, transportation, dessert party, cake, flowers, etc. we spent 12K including tax and gratuity, so I know it is possible depending on the guest count. Keep in mind, we had outside videography and photography and the minimum was 10K at the time plus tax and gratuity and we didn't have alcohol - just sparkling cider for a toast.

I'm so excited to see your snowglobe centerpieces. Did you see that Disney shopping had a ton of them in their summer sale?

PJ ~
DFTW 3-3-08:
16 Trips to WDW since 1983 ~ 4 Trips to DL ~ 1 Disney Cruise ~ 1 Universal Orlando Trip

figmentfan814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: