Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Obsessed-x
Earning My Ears

A Complaint to Disney

Like many of you I have become increasingly disappointed with the cutbacks Disney has made, so I have decided to write a letter to them. I would really like it if you could tell me an email to send it to and give me advice on how the letter is. I am very unexperienced with this as I am only 13 anyway the letter is below, thankyouu:

To whom it may concern,
I would like to express my concern and confusion on the recent decline of entertainment at your theme parks. Whilst I appreciate we are currently in a difficult economy, I am confident that the huge amount of money your company makes is sufficient enough to maintain your previously great standards. I am a loyal and avid Disney fan, but the cutbacks which have plagued the parks in the past year, such as the removal of characters from Liberty Tree Tavern whilst continuing to serve dinner at the same price, the drastic decrease in characters in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, and the demolition of Pleasure Island, to just name a few, have severely reduced my enjoyment of the theme parks. Although I shall be returning later on this year, with each trip becoming less pleasurable I am unsure if I will continue to holiday at Walt Disney World in the future. It is a great shame that a company which prides itself on their customer service has apparently become solely interested in making money. In my opinion, this is in stark contrast to the spirit of the company and what Walt Disney intended. I would very much appreciate it if you could reply to my letter, as I would genuinely like to know your thoughts on the situation, and I have spent my time giving you this feedback. Additionally, I must stress that although the tone of this letter is undoubtedly negative, it is not intended to be a complaint but rather an indication of how a large portion of your customers are feeling right now. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours Sincerely, ....

Last edited by Obsessed-x; 04-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Obsessed-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

I am a disney lover too and i have not been there since the cuts have taken place we were actually there in 07 right before the economy really started to get bad .. But on your note i am sure that when we go in August that we will see some cutbacks that are noticable.. and yes i am sure that i will be dissaponited too but you have to understand that these are tempoary cutbacks i am sure and if everyone quits going to disney that woudl be a shame... if we say we are disney lovers then we have to grinand bear it until the economy starts to come back.. i am sure once we get over this horriable time that the world is facing that we will see more characters and some of rhe things that were cut come back.. Just as in a marriage you have to take the good and the bad and when we are dissapointed it makes things seem even worse... I will continue to go to disney no matter what!!! but just as I said before if nobody goes just think what would happen if disney had to close the doors that would be a shame and a tragic event in our history so dont stop going just hang in there and maybe in a year or two things will get better and it maybe even better before we have to support the things we love ... and I will alwyas love disney no matter what.... hang in there and keep supporting them please!!!!:

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
aceys_h0ney
DIS Veteran

Unfortunatly Disney is in a hard place right now. If they continue providing everything exactly the same while they are losing money they could eventually go bankrupt. I would rather see the cutbacks now and the company survive then Disney not be there in the future. I do understand the frustration however at seeing the declining magic.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Well, I have to say, that is a very well written letter. You expressed your concerns in a calm and concise manner and I hope it catches someone's attention at Disney.

I share your concerns...although I have heard they are bringing the characters back to Liberty Tree. I am going to WDW May 3rd and will be curious to see if there are many noticeable cutbacks and then I may be writing my own letter.

I think what Disney needs to understand is that their name won't carry them forever. They need to maintain their standards and quality for people to continue to value their parks...especially at Disney's prices and especially now.

I understand that Disney does have to make some financial decisions now, but they cannot let their quality or the guest experience suffer.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed-x View Post
Like many of you I have become increasingly disappointed with the cutbacks Disney has made, so I have decided to write a letter to them. I would really like it if you could tell me an email to send it to and give me advice on how the letter is. I am very unexperienced with this as I am only 13 anyway the letter is below, thankyouu:

To whom it may concern,
I would like to express my concern and confusion on the recent decline of entertainment at your theme parks. Whilst I appreciate we are currently in a difficult economy, I am confident that the huge amount of money your company makes is sufficient enough to maintain your previously great standards. I am a loyal and avid Disney fan, but the cutbacks which have plagued the parks in the past year, such as the removal of characters from Liberty Tree Tavern whilst continuing to serve dinner at the same price, the drastic decrease in characters in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, and the demolition of Pleasure Island, to just name a few, have severely reduced my enjoyment of the theme parks. Although I shall be returning later on this year, with each trip becoming less pleasurable I am unsure if I will continue to holiday at Walt Disney World in the future. It is a great shame that a company which prides itself on their customer service has apparently become solely interested in making money. In my opinion, this is in stark contrast to the spirit of the company and what Walt Disney intended. I would very much appreciate it if you could reply to my letter, as I would genuinely like to know your thoughts on the situation, and I have spent my time giving you this feedback. Additionally, I must stress that although the tone of this letter is undoubtedly negative, it is not intended to be a complaint but rather an indication of how a large portion of your customers are feeling right now. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.
Yours Sincerely, ....
I do not have an email address for you, but I just wanted to say that I thought it was well written and very mature.
I have only been to WDW twice so the cuts really haven't affected me yet. We will be going for the third time in Dec., so I may notice the cutbacks then.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Glencora
Be good then, and don't.

OP-

I think that you have written a wonderful letter. My only suggestion would be to let Disney know your age. I think that this type of letter would have more impact coming from a younger person, since younger people aren't supposed to "notice" this kind of thing. Congratulations on a job well done.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Wow, very impressive! You're wise beyond your years!
WDW Commando Member #165

ilovejsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

I think it is very well written. However, although Pleasure Island may have been figuratively "demolished", no real demolition has taken place, so I would reword it to be a bit more factual. Perhaps "effective shutdown of Pleasure Island" might be better.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Just one more thing that i would like to say.....Disneys magic is the magic that you bring and combine it with the magic that is already thier and the magic that disney has given us throughtout the years.... I know that Disney cannot ride on its name alone and that we have as the consumer has put the disney company and resorts on a very high pedastil... But we have done that ourselves and know when we have to see that pedastil lowered due to things that nobody can control for know we get disappointed. And the first thing we do is to give up .... Its like I said before, I know the disappoints are there when things have to stop for awhile but please dont give up on a place that gave us the magic in the first place and has made so many dreams come true... And for right now smaller dreams may come true and the magic may not be that intense but its still there..... As in the movie "Peter Pan" we just have to believe and when we do that it will all work out dont let the pixiedust die out lets keep the magic alive.... Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.

Last edited by tinksgilrs251520; 04-14-2009 at 08:29 PM.
tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

I don't have an email address, but I do have a snail mail address.
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

There are also addresses for various Disney executives on the Adventurers Club site linked in my signature. I agree with previous posters - your letter is very well written!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great letter, and I would mail it directly to Robert Iger. I have his address at work and will send it to you in a PM tomorrow when I get to the office.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
disneydreamertoo
Mouseketeer

Agree that this is a great letter! I second that you should let them know your age. You are their future consumer/the future adult that will be in charge of the vacation decisions. Disney needs to listen!

disneydreamertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

I agree with what everyone else said - fantastic job on the letter. I would keep the Pleasure Island part the way you originally wrote it. To a 13 year old, they may of well have demolished it. That's just my opinion. Definitely include your age, that may make all the difference in the world.

It is interesting that someone your age has taken the time to notice the "subtle" differences there. They've got to realize that you may be a driving force behind a whole FAMILY coming to the parks. If you kick/scream enough, you could probably get your way to spend your family vacation somewhere else.
WillowBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowBelle View Post
I agree with what everyone else said - fantastic job on the letter. I would keep the Pleasure Island part the way you originally wrote it. To a 13 year old, they may of well have demolished it. That's just my opinion. Definitely include your age, that may make all the difference in the world.
Technically, a 13 year old shouldn't have noticed most of PI being closed...

Well, OK, they could go to the AC...but it is debatable if they should...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
smurfie
Nicole

Impressive...I couldn't write a letter that well and I'm 30!

First trip to WDW as a family
SSR April 2009
smurfie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: