Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

June, July, August PLANNING thread

Well, now that it's 2009 Ladies...we have a new thread.
Howdy Candi, MKY, Tomar, TP2
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

IM HERE EE22
NOT REALLY....TOOO MANY THINGS TO DO....WE HAVE TO LEAVE TO LALALAND SOONER THAN WE EXPECTED.....NANA IS SLIPPING FAST

TOMAR@SSR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
EEyorelover22

Tomar...I'm so very sorry.
God's Speed to get to LaLa Land.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! Welcome to our new home.

Tomar: So sorry about Nana. I pray that you get there in time. 2009 does not seem to be the best of years so far. I hope things will turn around soon. Just so much bad news.

EE22: Thanks for starting the new thread. I guess we finally got some attention! When did we start the last one, 2005 or 2006? Either case we have been running for a couple of years now. Nice how we have all remained friends through it all.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
EEyorelover22

I think since 2006, but I'm not sure.

My adrs went great again this morning. No issues. The numbers are long...12 now, but giving them out at the end really does seem to go faster.

I hope everyone had a good day.

Tomar...you know your Disney buddies are saying prayers for you.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

EE22: I am glad you got everything you wanted. So I guess they changed the process. I started looking into what we want but waiting for those park hours still. I guess I have to wait until May 1. My hardest to pick is Epcot. Try something new or go with the favorates. I want to try new things but everyone wants lots of steak. Not too many options but I guess Tepan Edo and Le Cellier work. I have to find some other locations with steak on the kids menu. My kids won't eat mac and cheese and chicken nuggets get old fast.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Tomar - I am so sorry to read about your mom Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Sending that you are able to arrive in time to see your mom

EE22 - Congrats on the ADRs We are leaning towards going in Aug for DS's birthday (need a melting hot smiliey) . This is during free dining so I need to figure out the dates of our trip and make a plan to be ready to call in to get the ADRs. We've had good luck in prior years during July but this is our 1st Aug - free dining time frame trip

Thanks for asking about me wreck I am getting better every day, the trip to the ER - not so much fun.... I'm just thankful I wasn't hurt to bad. Lucky really compared to what could have happened
Old 04-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
EE22: I am glad you got everything you wanted. So I guess they changed the process. I started looking into what we want but waiting for those park hours still. I guess I have to wait until May 1. My hardest to pick is Epcot. Try something new or go with the favorates. I want to try new things but everyone wants lots of steak. Not too many options but I guess Tepan Edo and Le Cellier work. I have to find some other locations with steak on the kids menu. My kids won't eat mac and cheese and chicken nuggets get old fast.
Not sure about the kids menu - but the steak on the adults menu at Coral Reef is excellent. Actually my favorite steak in the parks
Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
EEyorelover22

Minnie...glad to see you are getting better.

TP2...I'm not very good with Epcot either. Le Cellier can be tricky, but I think if you are open to lunch or dinner times you'll do okay.

Don't forget about some of the places at the BC and YC for steak.

Once the May hours come out we can put our heads together for days to hit each park.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. I was surprised to see the thread closed but glad a new one was started.

I went back and looked at the other thread. It was started by TP2 on 5-4-06.

Well things are difficult here these days. Work is so stressful and I feel I am falling into depression. I don't feel well (my stomach is not handling the stress well) and I don't feel like doing anything. I want to sleep all the time but I am not sleeping well.

I am sure eveyone can relate.

Tomar - I pray you get to see your dear mom before she passes. It can be hard because you want them to hang on but I am sure you also don't want her to suffer. I will include you and your family in our prayers daily.

With FIL - I was sorry he passed while we were away but it was better since he had started to suffer and I did not want that for him. I still don't feel like we have dealt with it yet.

Otherwise, Happy Easter everyone.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Smile

Hiya everyone

Can't believe we got closed down. When I saw my emails / notifications thought we did something wrong, or where contraversal. But we are just long winded.

Tomar Good luck with your flight. So so sorry. Thinking of you and your family.

EE22, Thanks for the notice. Congrat's on your adr's. You are right about the steak at YC / BC. **** if you don't want to dress up >> eat in the "bar" next to yachtman's [is a little cheaper too] >> you get the same meat.***** We actually prefer it. More casual and friendly, not stuffy.

TP2, You might get lucky, but we where very NOT impressed with Canada this last time. Bug, has put her foot down and said that's it. They are off our list now.

Candi, sounds like post traumatic stress disorders. You made it through the hard part and then your left with depression and residual of what you are all going through. Grandpa, work lay offs and work stress, etc... .. All adds up and can come down on you quickly. Plus, the physical stress of travel on top of it. Get some rest, eat good, and try to relax. If it keeps getting worse, call your doctor. Hope your feeling better soon. I had this, after our hospital became open shop union > then some RN's went out on strike for 3 months. During our busy season. It was a terrible, hard time & alot to go through. The whole town was divided. Plus, the added stress of working. I did ok, at the time of the strike > then afterward, the same thing. I was tired, irritable, sleepy, no energy, emotional, ... . It took a while to clear up. But, it was a daily thing to deal with, and try to get over.

I called and did our adr's this am. That is an ordeal. I got up 1 hour early 4:45am > washed, dressed for work, and ready to go. At our 6am, I called immediately & was "on hold" for 10 minutes. Then got through and got everything we wanted. I didn't want anything hard except, the gardenview tea, and chef de france.

Anyone want to do a July pool, for ap rates? I am guessing 2nd week in may.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
candizfan
DIS Veteran

MKY - you are probably right. I am trying to deal with it and see if it works itself out. I know if I go to the doctors it will be antidepressants he will prescribe and I would rather not but I will if necessary.

I just wish I could turn to liquor but I am way too strict for that. I have two rules. If you "need" a drink - don't and no drinking alone.

I was also a little worried about Bug when we met up with you. I think the stress of trying to get into meet us set off her attach and I felt really bad about that. If I had only known we would have met up at your hotel.

Maybe Tomar and I will need a trip to Disney to recover. I just hope it all works out okay. Hang in there.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #13
EEyorelover22

Candi...hope you are feeling better and can rest soon.

MKY!! Good deal on the adrs.
DD and I are doing the tea too. I went for 2:00. I think I'm going to just order some sweets ala cart because of my allergies and DD can get what she wants. Too many things I cannot eat so I will pick a few.

AP rates...someone rumored 4/20. That's not a good day
it is payday, but it's also national *** smoking day, anniversary of Columbine, and senior skip day. Didn't know if I could post the green stuff word...green when it grows...not idea in the form people use.

I'm going with 2nd week of May with you...history repeats itself although someone said they are 2-3 weeks ahead of norms. However, I think they are packed and the 4/3 deal sold a lot of rooms.

TP2: May 1st hours should be out

Tomar...continued prayers!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
EEyorelover22

mky...I did the same thing. I got up at 5 am...took a shower and had my Cheerios and coffee...eating away by 6 am so I could leave for work right away afterwards. I didn't know how long it would take. The first part took a bit longer than the second bunch. I was able to do the second half our of split stay too all at once.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Talking

Candi, Bug's asthma had not settled down from the winter, and then we had just gotten into that weather for 1 day, she had not adjusted. Any weather changes and it sets her off for a while. We thought it might of been the cleaning stuff in the food court?, or the pool chemicals, sometimes just being near alot of chlorine sets her off to. She needs to carry her inhaler more. But, she did 2 treatments that night and was more settled in after about 2 days. No problem after that. One nite in august last year, the air was very heavy and humid, the fireworks set me off and could not breathe by time we got to the CR. Comes out of nowhere. You never know.

EE22,
I so hope you like the tea. It is a fun and relaxing thing. Kinda different. Hopefully, the crowd there will be good. Sometimes they are a bit stuffy but we just ignore it and have fun. Remember, all teas are available in "ice tea" versions. i love the sandwiches have her try them. They are very good about allergies, etc... and always ask there. For Monday the 13th we got GF's cafe after 5pm. We thought about narcoosee's or the buffet, but like the cafe. Its a short trip for us, so we are just doing our favorites, nothing new.

Hope everyone has a better week. mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: