Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #31
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

plans

everything looks so pretty... I really like the ribbon wands and the jewelry
Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #32
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

The jewelry is adorable! I love that shoe necklace! I read that Dillard's is having a sale, too...

And I am all about the high five in the parking lot! LOL! It would be great to have a DIS meet.
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #33
Ann117
DIS Veteran

I love all your ideas so far. I love the Mickey ears for your Bridesmaids to I may have to do that. What is the sellers name on ebay that sells the ribbon sticks? They are so cute.
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #34
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
everything looks so pretty... I really like the ribbon wands and the jewelry
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
The jewelry is adorable! I love that shoe necklace! I read that Dillard's is having a sale, too...

And I am all about the high five in the parking lot! LOL! It would be great to have a DIS meet.
I got the necklaces on sale, but not so much on the bracelet, but that's ok, I really love it.

Hmm... we may just have to do a DIS meet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann117 View Post
I love all your ideas so far. I love the Mickey ears for your Bridesmaids to I may have to do that. What is the sellers name on ebay that sells the ribbon sticks? They are so cute.
Thanks! I just read up on your PJ, and everything sounds fantastic! (..and I may have to steal some ideas!)

Here's a link to the sellers store-
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6921247
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #35
Ann117
DIS Veteran

thanks for reading my pj and thanks for giving me the sellers name. Feel free to steal any ideas I am sure i will be stealing some of yours as well
Ann117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #36
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Fun Reception

I've been trying to come up with some creative ideas for the Palo cake and champagne reception. DF and I are not really into dancing, or anything traditional. I'm figuring the the cake/mingling will take a half hour to 45 minutes. Then what?? I definitely want to infuse some fun. My thought so far has been to break everyone willing into teams and give them a list of photo assignments each with a point value and time limit. The team with the most points, wins prizes. Here are some ideas I came up with, and some downloaded from the net;

Photo Scavenger Hunt-
Someone really enjoying a piece of cake
Muscle Beach Poses
Imitate the Beatles crossing a crosswalk
Scene from a Disney movie (explaining it afterward is half the fun!)
"I can't believe we all fit in here!"
The most Disney characters and all of your teammates in one photo
Mimic a statue -- fountains also work well
An unusual perspective of all your teammates
"Honey, I Shrunk the Bride and Groom"
A human sculpture, or "performance art"
Licking something you shouldn't....

Let me know if you guys have any other photo ideas, or something fun we can all do together!

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #37
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I love the jewelry!!! I might need that bracelet with the slipper!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #38
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

For the Palo reception you really only have enough time for the cake, toast, and 2 or 3 dances then your time is up. We were only in there 60-90 minutes tops! It was fine though because we were heading to the beach!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #39
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

a couple of months ago a bride had a ping pong table at her disney reception. It looked like a lot of fun and her quests loved it.

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #40
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Just wanted to say that I love the jewelry!!! I might need that bracelet with the slipper!!
Thanks!! Go for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
For the Palo reception you really only have enough time for the cake, toast, and 2 or 3 dances then your time is up. We were only in there 60-90 minutes tops! It was fine though because we were heading to the beach!
Hmm.. We're trying to avoid the dancing thing all together. My biggest fear is that we'll all be looking at each other blankly, then, they'll try to make us dance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
a couple of months ago a bride had a ping pong table at her disney reception. It looked like a lot of fun and her quests loved it.
Ooh, I like the thought pattern here! I suggested maybe trying to get a Wii, but DF thinks that might cost a good chunk of change. I wonder if there are any activities going on that we could all do togther.. Hmm.. More research..

I'm open for any other ideas you ladies might have!

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #41
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I don't think they would make you dance, just tell them what songs to play and cut the cake and mingle then get out of there...No biggie. We couldn't wait to get to the beach!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #42
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
I've been trying to come up with some creative ideas for the Palo cake and champagne reception. DF and I are not really into dancing, or anything traditional. I'm figuring the the cake/mingling will take a half hour to 45 minutes. Then what?? I definitely want to infuse some fun. My thought so far has been to break everyone willing into teams and give them a list of photo assignments each with a point value and time limit. The team with the most points, wins prizes. Here are some ideas I came up with, and some downloaded from the net;

Photo Scavenger Hunt-
Someone really enjoying a piece of cake
Muscle Beach Poses
Imitate the Beatles crossing a crosswalk
Scene from a Disney movie (explaining it afterward is half the fun!)
"I can't believe we all fit in here!"
The most Disney characters and all of your teammates in one photo
Mimic a statue -- fountains also work well
An unusual perspective of all your teammates
"Honey, I Shrunk the Bride and Groom"
A human sculpture, or "performance art"
Licking something you shouldn't....

Let me know if you guys have any other photo ideas, or something fun we can all do together!

Thanks!
Hahahaha! I wanna play. Maybe I could do this on my trip and then post the pics up here on the DIS!We'll see how they compare to yours.

I hate dancing. I want to do the 1 slow dance with my DH, and that is it. That is one of the reasons that we are having our at home party in a park.

If I think of anything good, I'll let you know.
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #43
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Hiya! Just finished reading through your PJ, and I love what you've got planned so far! That dress is beautiful! The Disney Couture jewelry is adorable!! And, your scavenger hunt idea is such a fantastic idea for your reception! My DF and I aren't huge dancers either, so I may need to think of something cool like your idea to fill our reception time! Anyway! I'll definitely be following along!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #44
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I don't think they would make you dance, just tell them what songs to play and cut the cake and mingle then get out of there...No biggie. We couldn't wait to get to the beach!
That's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Hahahaha! I wanna play. Maybe I could do this on my trip and then post the pics up here on the DIS!We'll see how they compare to yours.

I hate dancing. I want to do the 1 slow dance with my DH, and that is it. That is one of the reasons that we are having our at home party in a park.

If I think of anything good, I'll let you know.
Do it!!!! Please do let me know if you come up with something good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Hiya! Just finished reading through your PJ, and I love what you've got planned so far! That dress is beautiful! The Disney Couture jewelry is adorable!! And, your scavenger hunt idea is such a fantastic idea for your reception! My DF and I aren't huge dancers either, so I may need to think of something cool like your idea to fill our reception time! Anyway! I'll definitely be following along!
Thanks so much for reading!! I'm trying to get caught up on your PJ too!

I'm not exactly the traditional bride. I really love the Maggie Sottero, but kept flirting with idea of a prom or "red carpet" dress instead, not necessarily white. Though, I think certain family members might have a heart attack if I did!

Anywho, Thanks! If you have any ideas to add to the scavenger hunt let me know!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #45
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Well, I am off to NYC and the National Stationery Show! woohoo!!

I'll try to post some details when I get back! (Can you tell I'm excited??!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: