Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #16
PixyDusted
DIS Veteran

YAY for DCL brides! My friend's wearing that exact same dress for her wedding next year and it's gorgeous!! And I agree with an above poster - it'll look great with all the Christmas decorations.

Hmmm...you got me thinking that I want heels for the Palo part! Good excuse to shop. ;-)

Bloggin...
PixyDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #17
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Cute flower wands!!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
Those wands are very pretty! I think you just convinced me to do the same with my bridesmaids!
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Congratulations!! You're wedding is right before my vow renewal!! how exciting!!

Love your dress and the flower wands are so beautiful! What dress will the gilrs be wearing? DD is going to have a flower wand too, but i think i'm just going to go with the $25 one from Disney Floral. easier that way.
I know I think I'm right between you and CinderelliT! We'll have to have some sort of bridal baton to pass between us!!!

I'm letting the sis's pick out their own dresses. My only stipulation is that they wear the same color, and from the same manufacturer. I think it will be some time before the dresses are picked, as my (25yr old) sis is 6 months preggers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyDusted View Post
YAY for DCL brides! My friend's wearing that exact same dress for her wedding next year and it's gorgeous!! And I agree with an above poster - it'll look great with all the Christmas decorations.

Hmmm...you got me thinking that I want heels for the Palo part! Good excuse to shop. ;-)
Hey, any excuse I can give to shoe shop is well worth it!! And I agree,Yay for DCL brides!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Cute flower wands!!
Thanks!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #19
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Yay for another DCL bride!!!
Your ideas are great so far! And I am a huge Ebayer too. I live out in the sticks, plus I love being thrifty.

Those flower wands are super cute. They look better than the one I made for my DD. Hmmm...I might have to get another one. LOL! The curse of the DIS.

I love the dress. I hope you get it soon. And pink and red go great together!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #20
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Yay for another DCL bride!!!
Your ideas are great so far! And I am a huge Ebayer too. I live out in the sticks, plus I love being thrifty.

Those flower wands are super cute. They look better than the one I made for my DD. Hmmm...I might have to get another one. LOL! The curse of the DIS.

I love the dress. I hope you get it soon. And pink and red go great together!

Thanks!!! As I said before, I think your VR is on the sailing right before mine! We'll have to high-five each other in the parking lot!

I actually have the dress now, but it needs some alterations before I post any pics.

I am far to familar with the curse of the DIS!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #21
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Ribbon Sticks

So I wasn't thrilled with the idea of rose petals possibily blowing away, and read one DIS Bride's sticky situation with bubbles, so I started to look at alternatives. I came across "ribbon sticks". Guests wave them as the happy couple goes by. Perfect! (I just hope we don't get wacked by one!)

I found a seller on Etsy who makes them. Now, I don't have the greatest pictures, because the ribbon stick I pulled out of the box has instantly become my cat's favorite toy.

You can see the 10 second progression-

(Igore the bite marks!) He bolted from a sound sleep behind the couch, at the mear sound of me moving his beloved toy!

Here's some photos from the seller's store-

Old 04-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #22
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

I found this bracelet I just love-

It's by Disney Couture and reads "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

I'd just like to find it on the cheap
Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #23
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

I love the ribbon wands and the flower wands. The colors are great! I have heard so much about etsy, I am gonna have to check it out.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #24
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

YAY...another Cruise Bride....We are taking over....LOL
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #25
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
I found this bracelet I just love-

It's by Disney Couture and reads "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

I'd just like to find it on the cheap

LOVE That!! Where did you find it??!??

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #26
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
I love the ribbon wands and the flower wands. The colors are great! I have heard so much about etsy, I am gonna have to check it out.
Thanks! I've only found Etsy recently, and totally hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
YAY...another Cruise Bride....We are taking over....LOL
Yes we are!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
LOVE That!! Where did you find it??!??
I originally found it on Amazon, but the best price I've seen so far has been from Dillards. It comes in yellow gold as well
Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #27
PixyDusted
DIS Veteran

I love Disney Couture. Actually in some of the rooms on the ships there's framed artwork that's the notes for "A dream is a wish your heart makes" with the words printed on it. It was in our room our our "engagement" cruise.

Bloggin...
PixyDusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #28
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

I like the ribbon wand idea. They look like so much fun and add a lot of color.

I really want rose petals on the aisle, but I fear that it will be a huge waste of money. I won't have anyone with me to throw them, so the aisle it will be for now.

I have seen some of the disney couture jewelry on ebay for pretty cheap. When it first came out, there were a lot of sales at Macy's and Dillard's. Just keep your eyes open, and I'm sure that you'll be able to get a deal.
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixyDusted View Post
I love Disney Couture. Actually in some of the rooms on the ships there's framed artwork that's the notes for "A dream is a wish your heart makes" with the words printed on it. It was in our room our our "engagement" cruise.
That is so cool!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
I like the ribbon wand idea. They look like so much fun and add a lot of color.

I really want rose petals on the aisle, but I fear that it will be a huge waste of money. I won't have anyone with me to throw them, so the aisle it will be for now.

I have seen some of the disney couture jewelry on ebay for pretty cheap. When it first came out, there were a lot of sales at Macy's and Dillard's. Just keep your eyes open, and I'm sure that you'll be able to get a deal.
I'm sure the day of the rose petals will be perfect!

I was about to purchase the bracelet from EBay, but the auction ended early, so I broke down and purchased it from Dillards!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #30
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

So, I received my bracelet, and love it! I also purchased this necklace by Disney Couture for the girls-

(In silver)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: