Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #61
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerrifficheidi View Post
Praying for you. My friend had cervical cancer in her 20s. They did the procedure, and she thought she might not be able to carry kids because of it. But, she has two boys. Hope that's not TMI...just wanted you to know that positive stories are common!
That was actually awesome to read because the one fear DF and I have is that I wont be able to carry to term. So yay for a positive story.
msGAJeepgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #62
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Sending prayers and positive thoughts, Stephi!

Kathy

Thank you so much!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #63
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Can't wait to see the invites. . .I'm sure they will be gorgeous! I just finished mine, so I know how you feel.

I will keep you in my prayers, my dear. Keep us posted.

Thanks so much...I'll be posting an update with news soon. For now I'm going to enjoy the 4th and eat my birthday cake!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #64
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

WOOO only 60-ish more days to go!

So obviously we've made some advances. We've gotten ALL of the decor items for both the reception and the ceremony. For only $300. I only wish I had remembered my camera the day we picked up tulle. DF was too cute walking around with a 240 yds of that stuff.

Now then on to the fun stuff, first a quick run down. I've purchased each of my bridesmaids a bag personalized (that one is mine), spa items from Bath and Body and all the jewelry for the ceremony including a necklace, earrings, and 4 hairpieces like the ones pictured. (sorry pics are so large) See....

Old 07-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #65
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

I also got my jewelry. I couldnt find anything that I liked until I found this green set. Its a bit different, but I much prefer the idea of color to "typical" silver and pearls. The hairpiece is one of 2...I am bringing them both in for my hair trial in a few weeks and I'll decide then. I'm leaning towards the one pictured. Sorry the pics are so blurry but my camera is really crummy.

So on top of all of this my bachelorette party is in 2 weeks and the bridal shower is on Aug 22nd. My brother is my "man" of honor. So I got him something extra special.

Its sooooo close!!! We are working on invites now so I should be able to have assembled everything for pics by next weekend and have pics up by Sunday evening. Now just to find a better camera. On a more personal note, thank you for the thoughts and well wishes. I do actually have cervical cancer, but we are fighting this & they've already removed all of the visible cancer. I go back for more appointments in August and again after the honeymoon.

Ok back to envelope addressing. Since DF works 6 twelve-hour days a week I am doing all this on my own. Poor hand.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #66
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

60 days to go!!!!!!!

and to all the lurkers and those who I appear to have lost, Hello.

Yup only 60 more days to go and not even my bum of a bridesmaid can put a damper on this. My bacherlorette party is in two weekends, and its been planned for at least a month and a half. The one BM who has presented me with lots of issues this whole time, well I called just to go Yay we'll see each other soon, and she went and I quote....
"um why?" So I go...uh bachelorette party, in your town, the one I'm driving to...remember???? the response I got was slightly hurtful and if it werent to late it would be the last straw.
"oh. I forgot. Well Dustin (BM's DBF & a groomsman) is coming down. I dont know if I'll make it."

Yea - so thank god for one really awesome college friend BM and a good work buddy who will be joining us. I was just amazed but w/e. I am so over being upset, but I have to say I was still very suprised by her response.

Anyway - the work buddy, she's a wedding photographer on the side and she is gifting me with her wonderful presence on several photo shoots.I'm so excited that I'll get to do the boudoir shoot for DF & she'll be doing all my prep photos so that I dont have to pay the wedding photographer an extra $100 for that. Yay for plans coming together.

I also made the packing list for DF & I for disney, , holy cow. GA has this lovely tax-free holiday in July so I thought we could purchase any items we need at that time. Save at least a little $$. Turns out we are not prepared at all. So I think we are going to do a practice packing run just to put it all together this weekend and then make our shopping list. I about fainted when I figured it up, I can only hope I am wrong.

Disneymoon advances
So DF and I have agreed on the following must do items:
1. sea raycers
2. as many rides as we can get our pretty little butts on.
3. at least an hour or so at DisneyQuest - probably on our waterpark planned day
4. a carriage ride

The only one I hesitate about is the first one, because I get car sick. Never gotten sick on a boat, but its also been about 8 years since I have been on one. So who knows?

Anyway - I think that is about it.

Items I still need to do are:
1. purchase sand ceremony items
2. write vows.... so far from this its not funny
3. flowers
4. put decor in actual boxes for set-up
5. stuff invites...and take pics
6. not lose my mind

Anyway - off to look at excel spreadsheets. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #67
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Yea for 60 days! It will be here before you know it.

I'm sorry to hear about the cervical cancer, I'll keep you in my prayers that everything ends up being okay

It seems like you are getting a lot done. That is horrible about your BM, I don't understand why people have to be that way. I can't see the pictures of your jewelry at work, but I'm sure it is beautiful!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #68
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

We did it, we did it!! DF & I FINALLY got all of the invites assembled, stuffed, and ready to go out. I will be uploading pics tomorrow as I have to get them off my darling bro's camera first.

Also - we caved. Today we went out and talked about the cost of a new camera, compared to the photopass CD, and getting each other wedding gifts. Well we went with the new camera. MWAHAHAH. I love it. Here is brand new Canon Powershot SX10 IS. Great for the non-pro camera wielding enthusiast, with amazing night results, and a great up-close focus as well as 20x zoom. Plenty for DF & I to enjoy for the next several years.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #69
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It seems like you are getting a lot done. That is horrible about your BM, I don't understand why people have to be that way. I can't see the pictures of your jewelry at work, but I'm sure it is beautiful!
Aww thank you. And I agree, but DF & I talked and we've agreed that any regrets from this wedding will be hers. Not ours. So in only 7 days I'll be off to enjoy my bachelorette party. Now to find a dress!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #70
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Invite pics:

Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #71
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

The invites came out great. They look awesome.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #72
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

hey there stranger! i am all caught up!
the invites came out so nice! i think they tie in with everything so nicely

you need to tell me about disneyquest ive never been but im thinkin DF and I need to hit that up!!

On a personal note-I went through the cervical cancer deal..it was stressful, but stay strong and positive...its amazing how common it is....your in my prayers and i hope that you, like me can be cancer free
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #73
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The invites came out great. They look awesome.
Thank you - how is that photographer issue going??
Old 07-22-2009, 08:58 AM   #74
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
hey there stranger! i am all caught up!
the invites came out so nice! i think they tie in with everything so nicely

you need to tell me about disneyquest ive never been but im thinkin DF and I need to hit that up!!

On a personal note-I went through the cervical cancer deal..it was stressful, but stay strong and positive...its amazing how common it is....your in my prayers and i hope that you, like me can be cancer free
YAY for being caught up - I am working yours

I am half tempted to do Disneyquest, but worried DF wont like it so we'll see. Either way I shall report my heart out!

Thanks for the sentiments about cancer - in all techinicallity (sp??) I do indeed have cancer. BUT Its been removed and now we are on watch for any more so we can treat those signs. Either way I go back to the doctor in 2 and a half weeks for more reviews.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 AM   #75
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Well I had my bachelorette party & much fun was had by all. In an effort to avoid um...non-Disney-esque photography on this site, I'll simply say PM me if you want the link & I'll send the info over.

On a high note, only 43 more DAYS!!!!!! Mom & I are doing the florist thing Saturday and then DF & I will be shopping. Its tax free weekend on clothes in GA, so we will be hunting the clearance racks for all items summery whilst avoiding sales tax costs. So far we've managed to find nice shirts for him, tanks for me, and then some basics. Oh and shirts for the BM's that will get iron-on "Bridesmaid" designs soon too.

Now then: Question regarding photo moments at Disney....How many of y'all used Disney Photopass vs your own camera? And will Disney photopass people take a pic of you with your own camera? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags
background, engagement, honeymoon, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: