Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
just thought id try and help explain-with the water park and more option you get as many options as you do days on your ticket your going 6 days, so im going to assume you have a 6 day magic your way ticket...that means you have 6 options..you can go to blizzard beach 6 times, or typhoon lagoon 6 times, or blizzard 3 times and typhoon 3 times. or typhoon 2 times, blizzard 2 times and play golf 2 times.....haha...point being you have 6 options to do any water park or the golf option (and i think disney quest-but someone can definately correct me if im wrong) in any combination you want, but just remember you only have 6, so if on one day, you go golfing then to the water park and then to disney quest, you have used 3-so you only have 3 left.....i hope that helps!
Oh yay! you just made my day, DF & I have been debating back and forth back and forth about what exactly we wanted to do because we thought 1 park only. Now I can do what I was hoping to do and he can do what he was hoping to do!!! thank you so much for that terrific explanation.
msGAJeepgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #17
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

I am so glad you guys are booked for the WL - its DFs favorite resort. The hardest thing is that you need to be ready to make all of your dining reservations as soon as they open. The hardest part is trying to plan where you are going to want to be all the time. You have to find a happy medium btw over scheduling yourself and getting all of your ADRs in.

I would start reading the restaurant board and start trying to get a rough idea of where you want to go.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

planning emotional confession

So this is going to sound ridiculous & probably quite spoiled, but this wedding planning business. . .its getting me down. I am so excited & I really cant wait for the wedding, but the waiting is dragging me into the dumps.

I'm reading all of these TR's and, I dont know. I just want to be MRSGAjeepgurl. We live together, we have for over a year now. The wedding is 5 months away and the planning, yea its all but done. There is stuff left to do, but its little stuff. Why make the invites 3 months ahead of time? Right now they are at least in nice boxes where my parents' cats wont eat the bows.

Programs - same deal as invites, favors . . .we are going to donate to the ACS in honor of DF's mother & my middle brother both of whom have passed. All of our guests will be getting a card with two charms symbolizing DF's mom and my bro. Plus there will be a smallish candy bar! See. . .I cant do that yet!

Ladies help me! I'm worried that if I'm getting frustrated and depressed already that after the wedding is over & we buy our house, oh yes btw we are house shopping at the same time the wedding occurs. Yes i am a psycho. The mental and emotional let down will be nuts.

Sides, we live together...DF says he feels married already. I mean we even have joint bank accounts already. Part of me wishes we had just taken the money and run. Blah. sorry this is a depressing post. I know everyone likes the happy times, but sometimes you just get kinda blue.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #19
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Don't feel bad... wedding planning is very much an emotional rollercoaster... at least it is/was for me! I get very excited for something just to be brought down by something else! I think it's normal! It'll pick back up for you soon! Things will start sneaking up on you, and the next 5 months will fly right by! Enjoy your "break" in planning, because the closer it gets, the more hectic it is!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #20
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
I am so glad you guys are booked for the WL - its DFs favorite resort. The hardest thing is that you need to be ready to make all of your dining reservations as soon as they open. The hardest part is trying to plan where you are going to want to be all the time. You have to find a happy medium btw over scheduling yourself and getting all of your ADRs in.

I would start reading the restaurant board and start trying to get a rough idea of where you want to go.
Thanks for the great ideas, we know roughly what we want. What I'm really trying to avoid doing is over-planning. But we know CG late seating & HDDR for my redneck.I told him he could dress normal and he'd fit in.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #21
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela0917 View Post
Don't feel bad... wedding planning is very much an emotional rollercoaster... at least it is/was for me! I get very excited for something just to be brought down by something else! I think it's normal! It'll pick back up for you soon! Things will start sneaking up on you, and the next 5 months will fly right by! Enjoy your "break" in planning, because the closer it gets, the more hectic it is!
You are proving to be my saving grace. So congrats I bestow upon you a halo. DF doesnt know you and he already appreciates you because every time I get ubber stressed I read the boards and/or check your posts and know I am not alone.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #22
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

So in lieu of interesting updates, I should have more Saturday because my daddy is going to see me in my wedding dress for the first time when we (Mom, Dad, & I) go to a lovely store called "Bridal Sense." I need a crinoline underskirt and this place allows you to rent them! And dresses can be rented and oh its just heaven.

Anyway, here are some pics of our babies. Mine is the evil cat, his is the pirate dog. Ugh forgive me, the dog pic wont go any smaller.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #23
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Post awesome website for the unusual bride

Ok this is just a random note, for the atypical bride or bride & groom (I'm planning on wearing cowgirl boots and so is my DF . . . well cowboy for him. . . .never mind the tattoos, including the pastor (i.e. my momma))

this is an awesome website:
http://offbeatbride.com
Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

pic post

Well I made a fun pic post but it has to get approved by mods, so hopefully it will be up soon.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #25
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

So obviously my last post didnt go through, so I will try one more time. Here are some pics from our location. I'll post them by location. Ceremony first, then reception hall.

Outdoor gazebo where our ceremony takes place:

2nd view:

And a good pic of the waterfall where the 1st shot was taken from, yes I am riding in a carriage too:
Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #26
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Reception pics, the reception is at the same location as the actual ceremony. Its just down the mountain a little bit as the ceremony is basically on the top of the mountain.

I think this about covers the location pics....soon I'll post hair ideas. I'm really stuck on this one. So help ladies, help.

Dance Floor:

Overshot of the room:
Old 04-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #27
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

The location looks gorgeous. If they do the lights and tulle for you, that is really pretty.

I know how you feel about just wanting the wedding to get here. I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, Jan 2010 and everything is planned, except the little things. So if you need support, I totally know how you feel. The most important thing is to just be relieved that everything is done and enjoy the time. Plus having everything done makes the few weeks up until the wedding more relaxed, or at least that is what my wedding planner tells me

I look forward to more postings and pictures!!!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #28
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msGAJeepgurl View Post
So this is going to sound ridiculous & probably quite spoiled, but this wedding planning business. . .its getting me down. I am so excited & I really cant wait for the wedding, but the waiting is dragging me into the dumps.

I'm reading all of these TR's and, I dont know. I just want to be MRSGAjeepgurl. We live together, we have for over a year now. The wedding is 5 months away and the planning, yea its all but done. There is stuff left to do, but its little stuff. Why make the invites 3 months ahead of time? Right now they are at least in nice boxes where my parents' cats wont eat the bows.

Programs - same deal as invites, favors . . .we are going to donate to the ACS in honor of DF's mother & my middle brother both of whom have passed. All of our guests will be getting a card with two charms symbolizing DF's mom and my bro. Plus there will be a smallish candy bar! See. . .I cant do that yet!

Ladies help me! I'm worried that if I'm getting frustrated and depressed already that after the wedding is over & we buy our house, oh yes btw we are house shopping at the same time the wedding occurs. Yes i am a psycho. The mental and emotional let down will be nuts.

Sides, we live together...DF says he feels married already. I mean we even have joint bank accounts already. Part of me wishes we had just taken the money and run. Blah. sorry this is a depressing post. I know everyone likes the happy times, but sometimes you just get kinda blue.

I get into wedding funks sometimes too but what helps me is to go to wedding photography website *the ones with music* and I want for awhile and then I get reallly excited!

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #29
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
I get into wedding funks sometimes too but what helps me is to go to wedding photography website *the ones with music* and I want for awhile and then I get reallly excited!
Thanks ... its nice to know I am not alone. I am better now that I got to try on my dress again. And talk with DF. I also find that reading Disneymooner's TR's help too.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #30
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
The location looks gorgeous. If they do the lights and tulle for you, that is really pretty.

I know how you feel about just wanting the wedding to get here. I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, Jan 2010 and everything is planned, except the little things. So if you need support, I totally know how you feel. The most important thing is to just be relieved that everything is done and enjoy the time. Plus having everything done makes the few weeks up until the wedding more relaxed, or at least that is what my wedding planner tells me

I look forward to more postings and pictures!!!
Aww thanks. I'm trying to relax, but then again I have no wedding planner to tell me that, just my DF and sometimes - he's not who I want to say that.
The tulle is pretty and the lights will be done, but my DM and I are going to add tulle in the wedding colors which will accent the trees since its fern green & copper.

Tags
background, engagement, honeymoon, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: