Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Disneymoon TR . . .starts page 7

So let me first off admit I am not the most technically savvy just yet. I've been a lurker, finally decided to join - typed up a nice long intro & background and guess what. My post died. I dont know what happened.

So let me try this one more time:
Quick background - DF (28) and I(24)are getting married in the beautiful north GA mountains in September before heading our way down to WL at Disney for a week. I am the more excited of the two of us, but that isnt atypical. He is very . . . calm to my psycho.

Now then, I will post something new later today probably with a more detailed story of "us, but for the threads sake . . . we are planning our wedding. Or more of I am planning the wedding, so typical eh ladies?

We/I have just about everything set up already with the exception of the florist. I cant find a good one at all and really at a loss as to what to do. But yea, everything else - planned. why i decided I needed a year to achieve this I still dont remember.

More to come soon - including the big suprise engagement, my nerdy side shows up, as well as lots of honeymoon planning to share. Here is to hoping that all the wonderful people i've lurked on will enjoy and at least pretend to view my PJ and all that encompasses.

Last edited by msGAJeepgurl; 09-29-2009 at 06:38 PM.
msGAJeepgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

Welcome - I can't wait to hear more about all of your plans!
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msGAJeepgurl View Post
He is very . . . calm to my psycho.
I love that description! LOL. That's true of my DF as well so I know where you're coming from!

Anyodd - to the boards! I look forward to reading more of your plans (computer willing!)
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

The engagement/relationship background

OMG here is to hoping I am typing this correctly. Totally not computer savvy.

So here
is our background story:

DF and I met in . . . . a bar. Granted we met through mutual friends, who we were both there to meet anyway, but its hilarious to watch relatives reactions to that question.
Anyway, we met 1 month into my "I shall not date" mantra because I was tired of it. Gotta admit, mom was right. Soon as you stop looking for love it just falls right into your lap.
So weeks after we met, he finagled a date with me by surprise, weeks later we were a couple. 3 months after we met, we moved in together, and a mere 9 months after we met were engaged. Talk about lucky in love. . . all this because I was tired of men who just wanted the um "milk"

Here is a pic of the happy couple, yes we are jeep lovers.

Yes I am a considerable bit shorter than his 6' plus person. Gosh my hair is longer too. Anyway that is us like 3 months into this "dating" thing.

The Engagement!
I must admit. . .I am a nerd. Hi my name is Stephie and I am addicted to World of Warcraft. HAHAHAH
So anyway, unbeknownst to me DF pre-arranged with the family to play games on Thanksgiving day after our big meal. I, not knowing. . . did not want to play.
So DF being the gentleman he is, offers to sit with me while I play WoW. Soon he starts asking all of these questions. I am patient and kind and try to answer his questions. HAHA or as most of you hopefully caught - I was highly distracted and busy most of the time. Finally he says, I have just one more question. As I turn around with a "yes dear" I notice him on both knees, a ring box in his hand and my ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY standing in the room smiling. I just looked down at him and was "are you serious?!?!?!" Then he actually asked me if I would be his wife so of course I said "YES!" Now we are caught up. Time to plan that wedding and honeymoon!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

aww thanks MegKate! Glad to know I am not the only crazy person with a calm DF
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
Welcome - I can't wait to hear more about all of your plans!
Thank you - I hope you keep enjoying, I've even got pictures.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

some Floral news

Some updates on the whole "floral" business. After spending a lot of time debating the whole silk vs real, I've finally made a decision. I know for a Fact DF is happy with me on that.

After learning of a wonderful site from another DIS bride (yes i've been lurking your page Angela0917) http://www.affordableelegancesilkflorals.com/index.php
I've decided to do a combo. I want real flowers for the wedding party bouquets & boutinerres, but silk everywhere else. We are wanting to do something similar to this (see below) as table decor....with silver galvanized steel buckets. Suits our outdoor mountaintop theme.

I am planning on more of the yellow-eyed susans & little less red, little more green because it is September. But that is kinda what we are thinking.

And now for today's icky news:
Driving back from a nice healthy lunch at Panera and I was rear-ended. Luckily DF is a mechanic, but now him and my father (my parents live 10 minutes away from us) are both "do we need to come get you?!?!" Ahh men. always wanting to protect their princess, no one would guess I manage a 1k plus fleet for a living.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
34Angels
Mouseketeer

I just want to say I can't wait to read more of your PJ and that I'm another crazy with a calm DF. Congrats on the engament!
34Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Oh, yay! If you decide to order though affordable elegance, you will love them! The lady is so nice and she did a great job! Boo for being rear-ended!! How bad is your car?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

You two are so cute! I like those flowers and I am now on my way to look at the website! Can't wait to read more!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela0917 View Post
Oh, yay! If you decide to order though affordable elegance, you will love them! The lady is so nice and she did a great job! Boo for being rear-ended!! How bad is your car?
Thanks for the ideas - we arent sure what exactly we are doing, but your pics are really helping me. The car is ok, basically she bounced off of my spare tire. But it sure made me want to get one of those "Shut up and Drive" bumper stickers. Driving time does not equal texting/talking/multi-tasking time.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

[quote=princess22;31282621]You two are so cute! quote]
Aww thanks!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #13
msGAJeepgurl
Mouseketeer

Post the honeymoon location is booked!

OMG everyone, I did it. I booked our stay at WL. It was the closest compromise we could come up with. He wanted mountains, I wanted a beach - we did a mountain lodge at the beach.

But I cant wait, 6 days/nights at WL from September 13 - 19. Now I have to figure out where to eat, and at least a rough itenerary of what to do & I dont want to overplan and. . . are you getting the stress yet?

I'm super excited and DF (I cant wait to call him DH!) is being really understanding. His one and only request, "I dont want to be bored, but I dont want to be so busy we cant have 'us' time" . . . now I'm going nutty.

We did the MYW+DP package, with free dining, and added on the park hopper & water park pass. But what I cant figure out is do we get both water parks or only one? Someone please help me understand this, I've even read up on allears trying to understand this and I am still confused.

Other than that the planning is going. Slowly. But its going. I got to book our engagement photo shoot this weekend and its really giving me something to look forward to in May. I dont know when we will get pics, but I promise to try to add more as items either come in or we actually get things accomplished. I'll update more sooner rather later. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
Angela0917
DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking your honeymoon!!! I am kinda jealous of the week you are going... my birthday is the 17th and DF's birthday is the 18th, so that would have been awesome for us to go and get 2 free park admission days! But my brother's getting married on the 19th, so that kinda ruins that plan. And yay for free dining! That's fabulous!!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

just thought id try and help explain-with the water park and more option you get as many options as you do days on your ticket your going 6 days, so im going to assume you have a 6 day magic your way ticket...that means you have 6 options..you can go to blizzard beach 6 times, or typhoon lagoon 6 times, or blizzard 3 times and typhoon 3 times. or typhoon 2 times, blizzard 2 times and play golf 2 times.....haha...point being you have 6 options to do any water park or the golf option (and i think disney quest-but someone can definately correct me if im wrong) in any combination you want, but just remember you only have 6, so if on one day, you go golfing then to the water park and then to disney quest, you have used 3-so you only have 3 left.....i hope that helps!
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
teddygurl28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background, engagement, honeymoon, wedding