Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #91
MontanaZoo
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
I really like this picture!

I really need a smiley that's fanning itself - nice pic caribear!
MontanaZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #92
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by court4short View Post
I have a twitter! torn_portfolio

Can't access it at work though, so if you "follow" me, I'll do so in return when I get home.
Cool, thanks!

For those of you that have phone twitter, if you're cell company doesn't charge for recieved texts, can you get twitter ones?

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #93
court4short
Not your average princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
Cool, thanks!

For those of you that have phone twitter, if you're cell company doesn't charge for recieved texts, can you get twitter ones?

Yup! I have unlimited texts and that includes the texts received from twitter.

April 2003: Off SiteJan 2006: POPOct 2006: POPJan 2008: POPFeb 2009: POP
Sept 2011: POPDec 2013: POR
court4short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #94
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaZoo View Post
We could start another thread of something completely random and let people debate on it. Like are pb&j sandwiches better with the crust on or crust off.
Excatly. then one on what brand of peanut butter to use. that should keep them going for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Okay, really random thought:

I am rereading New Moon and currently have the extra Being Jacob Black from Steph's site pulled up on my computer. I just realized something: Jacob is totally buck naked when he pulls her out of the water! According to Being Jacob Black he phases in the water when he saves her, so obviously he is not taking the time to pull on his shorts. I'm assuming he has them around his ankle as usual, I guess he pulled them on once he towed her to shore while she was unconscious? I know she was out of it, but you would think she would have noticed if he was carrying her through La Push in his birthday suit!

Clearly my mind goes to dangerous places when I am sleep deprived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Another random thought: what would happen if one of the Cullens (or other vegetarian vampires) ate one of the wolf pack? Since the wolves are animals would their eyes stay topaz, or since they are also humans would their eyes turn bright red?
never thought about it really. Food for thought I guess. I need to get my books back and re-read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh_bear.614 View Post
I had an intelligent and thoughtful comment to add and after reading about shirtless edward and jacob with is pants around his ankles I completely forgot what I was going to say... One of the people I work with asked to borrow my twilight movie *cringes* I didn't know what to say to her.. am I being crazy?
Say no. every movie store has it. and its even on PPV and Dish on demand. for $4.99

I loaned mine out while i was gone and still havent gotten it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&sebastiansmom View Post
Someone post the Twi-haters dis thread please.

I want to go pee on them and tear the crust off their sandwiches! lol
Well thats not very lady like. But it would sure be fun to watch.

Quote:
So, do any of you gals have Twitter? My friends bugged me to open an account and I did, now I'm lacking followers. XD
I have been thinkin about it. I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMe87 View Post
Very reasonable!

Nobody is getting my copy, not even to borrow! I had a hard enough time letting my Bff watch it on my Ipod the other night when we were at work. I had to keep telling him "Don't drop it..don't break it..then we'll both not be able to watch it!"
Sounds like me. Been calling over and over to find out where mine is. We even searched the house. It was in his moms dvd player in her bedroom. He has it back in his possession and is brining it next time hes over. I cant even DL the itunes one. cause im supposed to have the disk in seriously going through withdrawals. what am i gonn do?

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #95
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

So while i was driving 95 down a CA freeway in the middle of the night I came up with a new car tat saying.

"Don't drive faster than your Vampire can run"

I thought it was cute.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #96
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, do any of you gals have Twitter? My friends bugged me to open an account and I did, now I'm lacking followers. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by court4short View Post
I have a twitter! torn_portfolio

Can't access it at work though, so if you "follow" me, I'll do so in return when I get home.
I have Twitter. I'm following you: torn_portfolio. My name on Twitter is JulieMickeefan. I'd love more followers, especially Disney/Twi-hards!

Mickeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #97
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbeth374 View Post
Carlisle wouldn't have red eyes, cuz he only had to bite them to change them, not suck their blood. (i think)
Edward on the other hand....good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
This post might be considered a spoiler for those who haven't read Breaking Dawn.......

I really want to read Midnight Sun, but cannot read on the computer....gotta get comfy in bed. Might have to download it and have it printed somewhere if she does not finish it.
I also absolutely adore Breaking Dawn. I loved the ending, but then, I tend to be much more of an intellectual person so I love that it was basically a giant game of chess (hence the cover). Violence doesn't have to be the answer. I also love Midnight Sun. The others are right. Unfortunatley the PDF is secure. I found some software to unlock PDFs, but it does not work with the newest version, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
So while i was driving 95 down a CA freeway in the middle of the night I came up with a new car tat saying.

"Don't drive faster than your Vampire can run"

I thought it was cute.
LOVE IT!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #98
lizbeth374
Tagless

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeefan View Post
I have Twitter. I'm following you: torn_portfolio. My name on Twitter is JulieMickeefan. I'd love more followers, especially Disney/Twi-hards!
If you guys follow me, I will follow you back when I get home from work. It is blocked from here.

I am lizbeth374 on twitter.
lizbeth374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #99
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

I thought he was Hugh Jackman at first!!! :O

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #100
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

hello, hello fellow twilight lovers!

so i never really looked through the comm board before. i clicked today and saw this thread!

i read all the books (2 days for each book) before i saw the movie. i love the movie but was very disappointed. i am looking forward to a new director... i think to really appreciate the movie everyone should read the books, but recommend it to everyone either way. i got my girlfriend to watch it because i mentioned the vampires... she was not impressed but said she liked it and wanted to read the books!

also, i know the book has been a huge hit for the younger crowd but i am hoping desperately that it doesnt affect the movies... i want the movies to be true to the books and if that means it not getting rated pg13 then i hope it still happens.

so far ive been laughing out loud reading all the posts!

oh! i know everyone says you can read midnight sun online, but all i can ever find is parts of it. can someone pm me where i can download this? i want to read it all! thanks!

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
TeaForTulips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #101
EeyoreFan1
You make me smile so much my cheeks hurt
I'm really hot natured, so...
Proud daughter of a Fireman

Part FOUR?! I missed an entire thread!? Boy oh boy do I have some reading to do! (After I put down the Sookie books that I'm officially addicted to. THANKS MEL!)

I'm posting from Disney I haven't DIS'ed in forever, so I thought I'd check in with the BBG. I could use some cool frozen things over here in this Florida heat!

Have I missed any major New Moon updates? I'd be your slave for life *snicker* for a PM or Facebook message :D
Old 04-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #102
MontanaZoo
Sup?

TeaForTulips, here's Midnight Sun - it isn't complete though, Stephenie hasn't finished it - http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/mi...ial_draft4.pdf

EeyoreFan1 - there's a facebook page for New Moon that I think has EVERYTHING on it - it's New Moon.....The Film.
MontanaZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #103
belle&sebastiansmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreFan1 View Post
Part FOUR?! I missed an entire thread!? Boy oh boy do I have some reading to do! (After I put down the Sookie books that I'm officially addicted to. THANKS MEL!)

I'm posting from Disney I haven't DIS'ed in forever, so I thought I'd check in with the BBG. I could use some cool frozen things over here in this Florida heat!

Have I missed any major New Moon updates? I'd be your slave for life *snicker* for a PM or Facebook message :D
Jess, I'll FB you about NM!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #104
EeyoreFan1
You make me smile so much my cheeks hurt
I'm really hot natured, so...
Proud daughter of a Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaZoo View Post
TeaForTulips, here's Midnight Sun - it isn't complete though, Stephenie hasn't finished it - http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/mi...ial_draft4.pdf

EeyoreFan1 - there's a facebook page for New Moon that I think has EVERYTHING on it - it's New Moon.....The Film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle&sebastiansmom View Post
Jess, I'll FB you about NM!
Thank you thank you thank you!

HOLY CROW! NM is a catastrophe!!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #105
belle&sebastiansmom
DIS Veteran

I'm only kidding with ya, Jess!

I am the Victoria, after all.

OK, here's what I wrote to Jess on FB:

Jess, you asked on the Dis to let you know about New Moon news. I can't believe no one has told you. The release date has been moved to March of 2010, and Taylor is out. He just wasn't going to fit in the more mature Jacob mold. And Rob is refusing to be shirtless in Italy unless he gets a $50,000 bonus per pec. Kristen was busted for pot possession when she was taken to the hospital after falling of the motorcycle on set and breaking her knee. Nikki's hair fell out from all of the bleach, and Jackson's really constipated. Still. Have fun in the World!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: