Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #91
wgqual
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders
I grew up in Mt Airy and loved it it use to be such a small town.. I guess its not that way anymore.. Haven't been back in 10 years or so..

I too was in the Navy stationed in Sunny San Diego on a ship. Also went to school in Pensacola FL for almost 2 years when i joined. Man those were good times

I can't wait to hear about the roadtrip with 3 boys. I remember those LOOONG hours on 95 heading to the world.. Fighting with my brother the whole way. And just think the speed limit was 55 then
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #92
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on Chuck FINALLY getting his orders and how awesome that he will be around to help you!!

OK, GREAT start to your TR! I was cracking up about the hand dryers...they have then in our airport and they nearlyknocked Eric over last year!!

Chuck did have a LARGE assortment of dvd's

Hooray for not forgetting gameboys and Oreo's successful boarding

Anxiously awaiting more!
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #93
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Sooo exciting!!!

Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great first installment!! I am so sorry about the migraine. Good idea to have a stack of DVD's .

It is wonderful to know that Chuck will be there for the kid's birthdays and to help with the move.
Thanks Tracy! I'm use to migraines as I get at least two a month. I was kind of expecting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgqual View Post
Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders
I grew up in Mt Airy and loved it it use to be such a small town.. I guess its not that way anymore.. Haven't been back in 10 years or so..

I too was in the Navy stationed in Sunny San Diego on a ship. Also went to school in Pensacola FL for almost 2 years when i joined. Man those were good times

I can't wait to hear about the roadtrip with 3 boys. I remember those LOOONG hours on 95 heading to the world.. Fighting with my brother the whole way. And just think the speed limit was 55 then
Not only was the speed limit lower, but there were no DVD players in the vehicles!

My husband has spent quite a bit of time in San Diego - not on a ship though. We were actually hoping to get orders out that way, but it didn't happen.

Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Congratulations on Chuck FINALLY getting his orders and how awesome that he will be around to help you!!

OK, GREAT start to your TR! I was cracking up about the hand dryers...they have then in our airport and they nearlyknocked Eric over last year!!

Chuck did have a LARGE assortment of dvd's

Hooray for not forgetting gameboys and Oreo's successful boarding

Anxiously awaiting more!
I am so loving hearing all about everyone's experiences with those crazy dryers!

Chuck is in the process of registering here on the Dis and getting all decked out. Be on the lookout for him (mnkyboy24).

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #94
moparop
DIS Veteran

I love those dryers! They seriously amaze and have been known to wash my hands several times jsut to use them. I hope the move goes smoothly. We did a move on a little less notice than that and it was just so hectic I never felt like I caught my breath!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #95
mnkyboy24
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Chuck got the official orders today! And it looks like they're giving him until June 22nd to report to school in Florida. He'll detach from here in May and then he can take up to 30 days of leave. This means he can be here for all three of the boys' birthdays AND help us move to Virginia before he leaves! That way he can get all of our electronic stuff set up for us.

So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving!
I am the electronics "geek" for the house and the "pack mule" for most excursions too. Eh.....its a living. Lucklily they were fairly generous with the orders and the timing, so I could help with the moving and setting up in Norfolk (VA Beach more likely). Plus I wouldn't want to have Carissa suffer without Internet and HDTV, she can get a little grumpy! Just kidding...she is quite capable...she just gets a smidgen frustrated with all the cables and connectors.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #96
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I love those dryers! They seriously amaze and have been known to wash my hands several times jsut to use them. I hope the move goes smoothly. We did a move on a little less notice than that and it was just so hectic I never felt like I caught my breath!
Thankfully since the military hires packers/movers for us, it won't be too bad. The timing works out great with the boys school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkyboy24 View Post
I am the electronics "geek" for the house and the "pack mule" for most excursions too. Eh.....its a living. Lucklily they were fairly generous with the orders and the timing, so I could help with the moving and setting up in Norfolk (VA Beach more likely). Plus I wouldn't want to have Carissa suffer without Internet and HDTV, she can get a little grumpy! Just kidding...she is quite capable...she just gets a smidgen frustrated with all the cables and connectors.
Who invited you here anyway???

I can't wait to post that picture of you as the pack mule at Sea World.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #97
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Hmmmm.....who do we have here posting on Carissa's thread!!!!

Is it a TROLL or the LOVE OF HER LIFE ??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

mnkyboy24

KAR

Old 04-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #99
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hiya Chuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
That's great to know Lessa! When I use to go to the beach, I'd find a place to park on one of the side roads off of the main strip. I hated how packed it always was. We'll definitely have to check it out. Do you know if there is a commissary at the Oceanic base? I can probably find out easy enough but just thought I'd ask the expert. The place we'll probably end up living at is right next to it so that would be really convenient for me.
There used to be one right on the Oceanic base but a few years ago they built a nice new big one just down the street so it is not officially on the base but close enough.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #100
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

YAY!! A chapter on the Education of Hand Dryers! KAR! Thanks for mentioning that you saw them at Green airport. i know i saw them somewhere and couldnt figure out where. now i know!

Hi Chuck!!!

Congratulations on finally getting the orders and knowing when and where you are going.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #101
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:

Hi Chuck, I love TR's with the he said/she said theme, I hope you post more!! As you can tell we love Carissa!!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #102
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Count me in!!! LOVE your toes!!!

Hope you weren't tornado magnets!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 AM   #103
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome for Chuck. Hopefully he'll check in tonight and see your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
There used to be one right on the Oceanic base but a few years ago they built a nice new big one just down the street so it is not officially on the base but close enough.
Cool! See - I knew you'd know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
YAY!! A chapter on the Education of Hand Dryers! KAR! Thanks for mentioning that you saw them at Green airport. i know i saw them somewhere and couldnt figure out where. now i know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Hi Chuck, I love TR's with the he said/she said theme, I hope you post more!! As you can tell we love Carissa!!
Awwww - thanks Tracy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Count me in!!! LOVE your toes!!!

Hope you weren't tornado magnets!
A new installment will be up shortly.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #104
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Aw, Oreo is so cute!
That looks like the stack of DVD's we take!
Too funny about the hand dryer.

Hi Chuck!

Done: 2010 WDW Half, 2010 W&D Half, 2011 WDW Half, 2011 Princess Half, 2011 W&D Half, 2012 WDW Half, 2012 WDW Full Relay-1st Leg, 2013 WDW 5K/Goofy, 2013 DL 5K/Dumbo Double Dare/Coast to Coast
Doing: 2014 Dopey
Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #105
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say a quick HI to Chuck! Nice to have the hubby's perspective...I think! LOL!

He's a step ahead of Jeff..he only posts on my PTR using my screen name. Maybe Chuck can convince him to get his own...from one electronics "geek" to another!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: