Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #751
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Jill's become a Toy Story junkie!

I'm thinking an update on Stitch's Great Escape would be good. Instead of something where you just sit there the whole time and wonder what it was all about when it is over, they could put some action in it. Stitch is too neat of a guy not to have a good attraction!
I agree with you on the last part, but I admit that I have never done Stitch's Great Escape - mainly because of the poor reviews I've heard. We did get a photo op with it!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #752
blue_river
I do believe in fairies!
Yahooty for you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I agree with you on the last part, but I admit that I have never done Stitch's Great Escape - mainly because of the poor reviews I've heard. We did get a photo op with it!

We liked everything about it EXCEPT for the part where he runs across your shoulders. That part really does hurt
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #753
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Great update Carissa. I love that Stitch ran off with Stitch.

We didn't get any Photopass pics our first trip, but I didn't realize you had to ask them. Other theme parks they attack you.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 05-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #754
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Whew, glad you got Stitch back. The picture of you and Sully is just great. I'd definitely say that Space Mountain is much scarier than Haunted Mansion. Give me grim grinning ghosts over hills in the dark any day!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #755
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures with Stitch!!! WOW Carissa, I am anxious to hear whether or not you braved Space Mountain!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #756
Jeff90
You outta see me do One way or another by Blondie
All those signs, letters, and numbers!

Another wonderful update Carissa! Stich is so crazy!!!! Glad you got your Stich back!! BTW, how did get Stich if you don't mind me asking???? I wouldn't mind bringing him along with us!

First ever Trip Report! Jan. 2009
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2070158
Jon's turns 39 again. 2nd Trip July 2009
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2227910
Round #3! Food, Fun and New Friends 3rd Trip Sept/Oct 2009
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300991
Jan./Feb. 2010-BWV
June 2010-POR-FQ
Jan./Feb. 2011 Disneyland/1st Cruise ever on the Dream
Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #757
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Nice update...love the family picture w/ Stitch...he is a crazy character.

Did you ever read my story in my June TR from last yr about him scaring the carp out of me? in the end it was quite

Looking forward to which you thought was scarier Space or HM....
Old 05-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #758
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_river View Post
We liked everything about it EXCEPT for the part where he runs across your shoulders. That part really does hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Great update Carissa. I love that Stitch ran off with Stitch.

We didn't get any Photopass pics our first trip, but I didn't realize you had to ask them. Other theme parks they attack you.
It's just too difficult to get all 3 of my boys to pose for pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Whew, glad you got Stitch back. The picture of you and Sully is just great. I'd definitely say that Space Mountain is much scarier than Haunted Mansion. Give me grim grinning ghosts over hills in the dark any day!
We shall see if I agree with you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Cute pictures with Stitch!!! WOW Carissa, I am anxious to hear whether or not you braved Space Mountain!
Thanks Diane - I'll have an update tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff90 View Post
Another wonderful update Carissa! Stich is so crazy!!!! Glad you got your Stich back!! BTW, how did get Stich if you don't mind me asking???? I wouldn't mind bringing him along with us!
I got Stitch from Kathy - KathyRN137 - who got him from Buzz - MontanaDisneyFan - who got him from Heidi - blue_river (is that the correct order Heidi??). Now he's out in California with Keith - Goofster57. There's more of an explanation at the end of my PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Nice update...love the family picture w/ Stitch...he is a crazy character.

Did you ever read my story in my June TR from last yr about him scaring the carp out of me? in the end it was quite

Looking forward to which you thought was scarier Space or HM....
No - I didn't read that! I'll have to go check it out.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #759
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Great pictures!!

Can't wait to hear which is scarier, HM or SM!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #760
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey There just caught up these last pages and just laughed with the stitch story! How funny -- so IN character for that CM to "steal" the other stitch I guess that was the most fun he had all day !! Cute.

And those are some good photos! I like the ones you made. Your pics are great too! I am glad you are taking photos of Port Orleans.

Looking forward to more !

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #761
VAisforDisneyLvrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Up Next - Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain - Which is Scarier???
All caught up! Space Mountain is DEFINITELY scarier than Haunted Mansion!!

I know you have pictures of your family at the beginning, but it wasn't until I saw those family shots with Sorcerer Mickey that I realized just how much your boys look like your husband. Too cute!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:29 PM   #762
wahoostampingirl
DIS Veteran

I just started reading your TR tonight and I'm really enjoying it. We drove down from Northern VA (Winchester) in Jan. and we ate at the same Cracker Barrel in Emporia. We must have had the same waiter because it took us forever too and my dh commented that we were only stopping at fast food places from now on.

We've stayed at both Windsor Hills and POR. I loved our short time at POR, but you can't beat Windsor Hills for the amount of space and amenities for the money. I would stay in either place again.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #763
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

I saw you on another TR and decided to pop over and read your's.

You are doing a great job. I love all the pictures especially of your cute boys.

My DH and I stayed at POR last Sept. I loved it. I thought the food court had some great food. I really like the boat to DTD too! We took the buses and didn't have any problems.

You have some good tips on here. Keep up the good work.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #764
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Just read your report so far and loved it

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #765
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Great pictures!!

Can't wait to hear which is scarier, HM or SM!
We shall soon find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey There just caught up these last pages and just laughed with the stitch story! How funny -- so IN character for that CM to "steal" the other stitch I guess that was the most fun he had all day !! Cute.

And those are some good photos! I like the ones you made. Your pics are great too! I am glad you are taking photos of Port Orleans.

Looking forward to more !
Thanks! We had a lot of fun with Stitch on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAisforDisneyLvrs View Post
All caught up! Space Mountain is DEFINITELY scarier than Haunted Mansion!!

I know you have pictures of your family at the beginning, but it wasn't until I saw those family shots with Sorcerer Mickey that I realized just how much your boys look like your husband. Too cute!
Our youngest is definitely a mini Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoostampingirl View Post
I just started reading your TR tonight and I'm really enjoying it. We drove down from Northern VA (Winchester) in Jan. and we ate at the same Cracker Barrel in Emporia. We must have had the same waiter because it took us forever too and my dh commented that we were only stopping at fast food places from now on.

We've stayed at both Windsor Hills and POR. I loved our short time at POR, but you can't beat Windsor Hills for the amount of space and amenities for the money. I would stay in either place again.
Glad to have you along! Yes, Windsor Hills is a really great place - especially when you have a bigger family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post

I saw you on another TR and decided to pop over and read your's.

You are doing a great job. I love all the pictures especially of your cute boys.

My DH and I stayed at POR last Sept. I loved it. I thought the food court had some great food. I really like the boat to DTD too! We took the buses and didn't have any problems.

You have some good tips on here. Keep up the good work.
Hello! I recognize you from "around". Thanks for coming over to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
Just read your report so far and loved it
Always happy to have new readers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: