Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #151
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Are you a John Boy and Billy fan? I can't remember the name of the guy that always says that, but my DH says it all the time. I'll have to send it to him that way.
I don't know where it comes from. Some crazy friends of mine told me about it and so now I'm roped into using it too.

Quote:
Uh, oh. Hope you don't have the same kind of storm luck we have. On the way to our honeymoon, drove through a tropical storm, hurricane on the way home after the honeymoon, and then Hurricane Opal hit 3 months later. Now we live in FL, not a good sign.
We just seem to have bad luck with tornadoes and going to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Hey,

Wait what are you saying???????

There wasn't any here before?


I would never say that about you.



I just think having more testosterone around is never a bad thing.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #152
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?
 
Goofster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times
Posts: 3,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I would never say that about you.



I just think having more testosterone around is never a bad thing.
Nice recovery.....
__________________
Goofster57 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #153
mnkyboy24
Earning My Ears
 
mnkyboy24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
I'd be grumpy with out my DVR...what did we ever do before DVR...had crappy VCR's i guess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofster57 View Post
Welcome Aboard Chuck.......
Get it "Aboard"...
just a little Navel humor...
OK very little....

Nice update Carissa,
Glad you guys missed the Tornado.

You embarrassed to take a picture of the chair cover???? I find that hard to believe.
Navel humor or Naval humor? And yes there are a few silly things that Carissa shies away from...but not too much. Spiders and bugs, bees, that sort of thing...but she's pretty tough. I try not to make her angry. ( I fail miserably however..FYI).
mnkyboy24 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #154
mnkyboy24
Earning My Ears
 
mnkyboy24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgqual View Post
Just wanted to say hello to fellow Marylanders
I grew up in Mt Airy and loved it it use to be such a small town.. I guess its not that way anymore.. Haven't been back in 10 years or so..

I too was in the Navy stationed in Sunny San Diego on a ship. Also went to school in Pensacola FL for almost 2 years when i joined. Man those were good times

I can't wait to hear about the roadtrip with 3 boys. I remember those LOOONG hours on 95 heading to the world.. Fighting with my brother the whole way. And just think the speed limit was 55 then
Hello to a fellow squid. I spent about a total of 3 months in San Diego and was in school at Corry Station in Pensacola. San Diego is a beautiful place and has lots of cool stuff to do...but pretty expensive place for your own house. Pensacola is OK...to humid for me...I spent the summer there going through school. Nice to me you all.
mnkyboy24 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #155
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran
 
dddisrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,974

Carissa, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! The boys got the postcard today!! i took some pictures for you!







They were SO excited!! I would love to return the favor, so just let me know!!
__________________
dddisrunner is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #156
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkyboy24 View Post
Navel humor or Naval humor? And yes there are a few silly things that Carissa shies away from...but not too much. Spiders and bugs, bees, that sort of thing...but she's pretty tough. I try not to make her angry. ( I fail miserably however..FYI).
Belly buttons can be very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Carissa, I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! The boys got the postcard today!! i took some pictures for you!

They were SO excited!! I would love to return the favor, so just let me know!!
Thank you so much for taking pictures Diane!! I love them! I'll PM you.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #157
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.
 
winkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: where am I and what am I doing in this basket??
Posts: 9,061

Yikes! That looks like some nasty weather!! I've never been anywhere near a tornado!
winkers is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #158
mcgypsy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 463

Hi! I've been a bit of a lurker, but your storm story brought me out! I live in NC about 45 min from Hope Mills. We ended up with 6 confirmed tornadoes in the region that night, and as if that wasn't fun enough-- we had them again the next night - 2 within 10 miles of my house!
I'll take a hurricane over a tornado anyday!!!

Enjoying the TR. Won't give my year of birth since you all seem to be youngsters, but my kids enjoy the TR's with pics of other kids! Keep writing....
mcgypsy is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #159
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Yikes! That looks like some nasty weather!! I've never been anywhere near a tornado!
Let's keep it that way, eh Cherie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgypsy View Post
Hi! I've been a bit of a lurker, but your storm story brought me out! I live in NC about 45 min from Hope Mills. We ended up with 6 confirmed tornadoes in the region that night, and as if that wasn't fun enough-- we had them again the next night - 2 within 10 miles of my house!
I'll take a hurricane over a tornado anyday!!!

Enjoying the TR. Won't give my year of birth since you all seem to be youngsters, but my kids enjoy the TR's with pics of other kids! Keep writing....
Wow! I didn't realize there were that many that night. So glad y'all were okay! I know the next day my stepmother called us to tell us there were more warnings for the area and SC, but we were already in Florida by then.

So glad to have you here! Lots of pictures of the kids to come.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #160
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post




We always eat at Cracker Barrel when we're traveling. We stopped at one in Emporia, Virginia.

Hey!! That's the same Cracker Barrel we visited on our road trip last year!!

The whole tornado experience must have felt very surreal... I'm so glad no one was hurt.


Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #161
carrieannie
DIS Veteran
 
carrieannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Carissa, wow, how scary. So glad you all made it out of the area safely.

I have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel. Your dinner looked awesome. I don't think they are in the Northeast, not sure and I have not seen any out here in SoCal. Hmmm, may be a Southern Delight!!
Kar, there are a couple in RI. I always go to the one in Coventry. they are in MA also.
I have never gotten anything besides breakfast at Cracker barrel. love it!! my mom always decorated our houses like that.

that weather was skeery!
are you guys staying on base when you move?
__________________
Official TFW Bartender.


carrieannie is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #162
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
So, that means in just about 2 months we'll be moving!
2 weeks from today for us. I hope it goes really fast.


Great update and pics and a scary one at that.

Glad you missed it. That truck was scary to see.

Ooh Pedro is next.
scottny is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #163
carrieannie
DIS Veteran
 
carrieannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,729

Hi Scott!! its after 1 a.m , we should get to bed huh? good night!!
__________________
Official TFW Bartender.


carrieannie is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 12:26 AM   #164
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkyboy24 View Post
Yeah. Ahh the days of VHS. However, I have to admit, I am fan of HDMI cables...one cable for everything. Now you don't need a coax for the TV, audio inputs for sound and the VCR and the DVD....its all in one cable.

This is not geek talk, I understood every bit of it .

I always heard ly/mi from Robin, aka delswife and her TR's and blog.

Off topic - Carrie, I posted a picture of you on my PTR, I hope that is ok LOL a little late now though isn't it?
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #165
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hey!! That's the same Cracker Barrel we visited on our road trip last year!!

The whole tornado experience must have felt very surreal... I'm so glad no one was hurt.


Kathy
Every time I go to a restaurant in Virginia I'm surprised to see that there is smoking allowed. I'm so use to Maine and Maryland being smokefree. Someone at CB did tell me that all of the new CBs have no smoking - regardless of the state laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
Kar, there are a couple in RI. I always go to the one in Coventry. they are in MA also.
I have never gotten anything besides breakfast at Cracker barrel. love it!! my mom always decorated our houses like that.

that weather was skeery!
are you guys staying on base when you move?
No, we'll be living off base. There's a wait to get base housing and it's just too difficult to do the temporary housing thing with kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
2 weeks from today for us. I hope it goes really fast.


Great update and pics and a scary one at that.

Glad you missed it. That truck was scary to see.

Ooh Pedro is next.
How exciting for you Scott!

I loves me some Pedro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
This is not geek talk, I understood every bit of it .

I always heard ly/mi from Robin, aka delswife and her TR's and blog.

Off topic - Carrie, I posted a picture of you on my PTR, I hope that is ok LOL a little late now though isn't it?
Oh yeah - that's what they told me - that they got it from delswife. I'd forgotten. My bad.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST YOUR FD DEAL and DATE! (Had to pick something special for my 1000th post) Ladybugsy Disney Discount Codes and Rates 215 05-15-2009 09:55 PM
Last Minute Anniversary trip, where would you stay? figmentfan0724 DVC-Mousecellaneous 25 04-10-2009 05:07 AM
Is it too late to book 3/4 deal? Disneycrazymom Disney Discount Codes and Rates 5 04-06-2009 09:20 AM
Birthday trip report tiggerfan4me Completed Trip Reports 3 04-06-2009 06:39 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: