Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
X_Mickeys_Pal_X
Mouseketeer

Seeing the sunshine state-Travel day

Hi guys My name is Abi
There is a lack of photos on travel day x
But I have photos for other days
Anyway April 5th 2009 was our travel day (this is a while ago I know )

I had purposely tried to get to sleep early ( as I had to get up a 3am)
But there was no success. I feel asleep at 1 and got woken up by the excited crew at 2:30am meaning I was extremely tired. Anyway it got me practise for waking up in Florida
I waffled about getting ready being nagged to do this and that. Realising I had packed my passports in my SUITCASE......DUH, I had to chuck everything out get them and then put everything back equalling to not a happy person
Our plane was at 8:30 am so we had plenty of time. We got there pretty quick of course there was no traffic in the morning. If it was up to me I would have stayed at a hotel over night near the airport then get up later and there would be no rush but NO ...itís all about money we had to save. We were at with Heathrow airport and were flying United airlines I had never flown with them before this. When we got there well.....it got very interesting. We had booked with Net flights and instead of sending us just normal tickets which is the obvious thing to do we got E-Vouchers ?!
Now when we went up to confirm we was here and do the luggage and all that we handed the tickets and apparently they had never seen tickets like that before and they called the head over ....he fumbled about with the computer and said we were coming up on the flight and showing where we were sitting but not the booking references.
Anyway in the end (about 30 mins after!) we got given new tickets all together and we were fine
We were in terminal one and were feeling rather peckish so went to get some food from Giraffe.....It was very nice food.

So we got in and got served straight away which was good , to get me in the mood I ordered American pancakes The others were just intent on getting BIG food so ordered a fry up as suspected.

After that we felt stuffed but had hours to our flight so had a wander round the shops to get some stuff to keep us occupied during the journey. Now I have to buy sweets otherwise my ears pop like crazy, but they didnít have any in every shop I went in so I was in for a nice flight...OF AGONY :|
Eventually we sat down read our magazines and of course FLORIDA books Soon enough we were called luckily no one had got to bored in that time. We got ready for a marathon to actually get us to the boarding gate....We are always the furthest one away.
We got there and asked if we were sitting together still because the trouble with the tickets, fate was on our side and luckily we WERE :D We got on the plane quick, I having a window seat as the others donít like flying and definitely wouldnít like seeing how high they were. We circled round the track for about 20mins then finally got going up the runway...I was getting prepared for the rides.
We had an indirect flight to Washington D.C which we had stopped of once before in a previous journey to FL. United airlines were very nice , Still not as good as American airlines but it was still nice.
This time we did not have extra legroom and i was surprised by how much of a difference it made. I watched Marley and Me about 3 times and fell in love with that film We had lunch on the plane , im not a big fan of plane food but it was surprisingly ...Ok. It actually went quite quick for a 9 hour flight and we had a smooth landing in Washington. Now i thought we could have a nice stroll around the airport before of other flight to Florida but we ONLY had 55mins to transfer!
We ran to get out suitcases ...Then run a little bit more to just drop it off again. We managed to get there as a lot of people from the previous flight I was on were also going on the same one to FL.
So they held the plane back. The next flight seemed to last a second and then we were off. I think it was about a 1.30H flight really but compared to the other flight it was tiny.
When we got off it was nice sunny weather . Nicer than what we get back home. I think it was around 4 ish when we landed. We got one of those train things to get us out into the car park.
We stopped for a toilet break everyone took about 30H. Donít ask me why. The reason being i donít know why 
We managed to catch a bus that was just about to leave. The bus took us to different car rental companies and ( as i should of thought with my luck) ours was the last one . Thrifty it was called.

The sun was so hot so we got in the lobby bit to order our car quickly, We had to fill out about 100 forms will the others were running about and collecting every leaflet they could find.
We had silver four passenger car cannot remember which make im not big on cars. I was not driving on this holiday. Donít think i could as it is on the other side of the road When we went to get the engine going ... ( Drum roll) Nothing happened.....Hmmmm.
Ok no need to panic. We tried it again and now the gear stick was not moving. Both of us tried to move it and when pulled the plastic covering straight off of it HA! We managed luckily to get it back on but called an employee over to have a look at the car as it obviously wasnít right.
The employee was a girl and you could tell she had the look of ď OH tourists that can even figure out how to use an American carĒ
To my amusement she could get the car started either and then reality sunk in that the car wasnít working so we have no car. Great. The Males went in for a complain and we got given and upgrade of a nicer car still silver, and still I do not know the make of it
We finally got going done the highway to Kissimmee. Now we have been to florida multiple times especially lately and stayed in the Disney hotels and we decided to cut back this Year and go to one outside of Disney which was a *** 3 star hotel.
We done this as well because youíre at the parks all day and we never really used the Hotel. Anyway it took us about 30 mins to our hotel have two toll stops on the way. It was very close to Disney so that was helpful.
We were staying at the Ramada Plaza Gateway Hotel and Inn.

Sounds nice enough. It WASNT!
It went from one extreme to another, letís say I would not stay there again next time we go we are sticking with Disney We parked our car up , got out and started looking around at the outside of the hotel pulling faces to each other. We went into the lobby got ourselves sorted and went to find our room on the way we came across a restaurant, we decided by looking we would give that a miss. Now donít think we are miserable or anything with the complaining. When we went up to our room we couldnít figure out how to get the door open but luckily there was a guest walking by who helped us .
We put all our stuff down and i felt very stuffy and hot so before we went to get some dinner i took a shower, the shower was actually very warm and the rest of the room surprisingly cosy. I got ready knowing that the dress in America is very informal so i just stuck a shirt and shorts on.
By this time it was about 8:00pm. Next door to us was a Steak house which was handy so we went there. The theme was very nice and the food was FANTASTIC one of the best steaks I have tasted. I waited a very long time to have my favourite drink...........A SHIRLEY TEMPLE

Everyone else had a steak and we all thought good. In the end we trudged back to the hotel about 10 ish all jumping up and down excited for tomorrow my inner child coming out It was to much effort to get all our clothes out we could just choose from the suitcases haha
We were wide awake to excited so we flicked through the TV all four of us fighting for the remote. WE found friends which is a favourite and not realising how tired we was we feel asleep leaving the lights and TV on .
I woke up in the middle of the night cause the air conditioning was so LOUD and turned everything off then went back to bed for a good nightís sleep Ready for Disney`s Hollywood studios the following day

Once again sorry for the lack of photos ....But as said I am loading them for the following days.

Thanks for reading.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: