Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #121
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun trip.
Sorry about your DH's aunt.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:09 AM   #122
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Great so far!

Love your TR so far! It's like Murphy's law - everything that can go wrong, does go wrong! (Except your DH getting a tidal wave over his head )

Keep the updates coming!
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #123
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Too cute! I wish they'd pick my husband for this. Every since he got super slimed at Nickelodeon Studios over at Universal, he makes sure he doesn't make eye contact with a castmember looking for volunteers.
Oh that's funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Love the video!
Thank you, I was glad it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
I'm planning on dinner at 'Ohana in September... but I'm definitely thinking about breakfast too now!
I love that your DH got drenched! I'd pay good money to see my DH get that! As for the camo WV hat, my DH has it too!! And a khaki one, and a blue one, etc... Now that we've moved, we have more WV clothes than we did our whole lives living there!
Trust me, I am sooo tired of tripping over his hat collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Sounds like a fun trip.
Sorry about your DH's aunt.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Love your TR so far! It's like Murphy's law - everything that can go wrong, does go wrong! (Except your DH getting a tidal wave over his head )

Keep the updates coming!
I know Mr Murphy really well!!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #124
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Loved the video. I don't have sound at work so I will have to watch again when I get home
Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #125
LastLookAtTheCastle
You look like an Elvis fan.

Coming out of lurkdom to say that... it must have been a Hokie CM who chose your DH!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #126
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
Loved the video. I don't have sound at work so I will have to watch again when I get home
Sound is not really needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLookAtTheCastle View Post
Coming out of lurkdom to say that... it must have been a Hokie CM who chose your DH!
The best CMs are hokie!!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #127
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

My non-stop running finally caught up with me last night....I had the girls in bed by 8pm and I was fast asleep in the recliner by 8:15pm.....got up long enough to crawl into bed.....got up again long enough to get the girls off to school and finally woke up at 10:30am.

Holy Cow!!

I am still busy though!

Will it never end?!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #128
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Here we go!!

After Backlot Tour, we just kind a wandered around...and ended up at Muppets 3-D.

I grew up watching the Muppet Show on TV and absolutely love anything Jim Henson touched but this film really needs to be updated.

The girls liked it and thats what matter most.

DD5-Backside....again...

It was not fastpass time time yet and I was starving... So we found the ICE CREAM!!!

Snack Credits!!!

DD8 and I each got a frozen
DD5 got a Itsakododdle thingy
and DH got the Mickey Bar!

We sat in front of the Brown Derby in a shaded area and eat our treats. We then saw my friend and her family walk by....we had made plans earlier in the week to do Fantasmic together. They were going back to their resort after lunch, so I told her to give me a call when they got back to the back that afternoon/evening.

Score! Great!

Just as we finished our snacks, then High School Musical party was starting...

Of course, my two daughters LOVED this.

Still wasnt FastPass time....DH wanted to ride StarTours, so he took DD8 with him and I took DD5 with me into One Man's Dream.

Got a little teary eyed during the movie.

Finally, it was fastpass time for Toy Story Mania.

This is the ceiling!!!!

OMG...This ride was AWESOME!!!!!!! It whirls you around to your next arcade screen and then you shoot the targets!!
It is the best ride at Hollywood Studios...IMHO.

Warning...it does spin you a couple times like the teacups but it is only about 3 maybe 4 revolutions before your next scene. But the turning did make it fun!!

We were all excited when we got off the ride, laughing and giggling!

GREAT JOB, DISNEY!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #129
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

After Toy Story Mania,

we were off to The Great Movie Ride!

I still hide my face on my husband's shoulder when we get to the Alien Movie part....it scares me too death...dont ask me why!

it is mid-after noon and I want a meal...I was starving again!

So we headed over to the ABC Commissary for our CT credits. Out of all our CT meals....this place was the worst. My hamburger and DH Chicken sandwhich were god-awful dry. I put enough ketchup and mustard to drown a normal person....but I was so hungry, I ate every stinken bite.

Due to the budget cut-backs that Disney has implimented....

Lights, Motors, Action was only doing 2 shows that day. We were going to try to catch one but we would miss both the Beauty and the Beast show and the Indiana Jones Stunt Show.....

We decided to do the two shows instead of the one....DH was not happy about that...when we were at (then) MGM the Lights, Motors, Action show ran every other hour.

As we leave the Commissary, the sky decided to open open. We threw on our rain gear and made the mad dash to Indiana JOnes......

Over but the light and sound booth for the show was a roped off area....
come to find out that a deaf family was invited to sit there and during the show there was a sign language interpreter. I thought that was great!
The only bad thing about the show was that it had rained so hard that they could not do the airplane scene.... DH was not happy....but here is the GREAT part.....the actor who played Indiana that show also knew Sign Language and after the show, walked over to the family to and "spoke" with them.

You should have seen the kids...I teared up a little....I got to watch a Disney Magic moment and it was moving!!

We then headed over to Beauty and the Beast Show.

During the show, my friend tried to call me. They were back in the park...we met them at Little Mermaid and sat together to watch the show. Next they were going to ride the Great Movie ride. I declined but DD8 went with them. Dh, me and DD5 went over to the "produce stand" and bought some more snacks....
after that we when into Villians in Vogue and DH found his "souvie", a few seconds later he runs to find me and drags me into the store.....it was a Pirates of the Carribean Hockey Jersey.....i have to admit...it was cool. As he had yet to get himself anything on this trip yet, I shelled out the $52 for it. I must really love my husband!

We browsed the other shops looking for gifts to bring home to family members, but no dice.......

my friend and family, along with DD8 caught up with us and we sat and chilled for a few minutes. DH had two fastpasses for Rock N Rollercoaster.

He and my friends husband went and rode that while the rest of us got in line for Fantasmic......

I see this show everytime we go to Disney and I still love it!. I bought my tub of caramel popcorn...ohh, get this, it was super fresh caramel popcorn....

What a great day.....no phone calls from MIL....yet!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #130
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

It was the mass exodus out of the park after Fantasmic....we headed to the bus and only waited a very short few minutes to get on one....the great thing about Pop and Hollywood Studios....the bus stop is really near the park entrance!

We put the girls on our laps and made the quiet journey back to pop. The girls took quick baths and then were sound asleep in a matter of minutes.....

DH went down to refill mugs and when he came back, he had a bad look on this face.......

he had talked to his mother....dammit!!

He told me more bad news.....

This wasnt a "you've got to be kidding me" moment.......

this was a holy $hit moment...........

DD8's teacher passed away the night before and the school found out this that morning.

Her teacher had been battling cancer for the past six years, about three years ago she was clean.....over the summer of 2008....it looked like it had returned....she finally lost the battle. She was only 53 years old.

Thats not all....

during church that night, one of the elder women that we know real well, fell down the steps and cracked her head good!.....Any parent knows that head wounds bleed really bad....they called an ambulance and rushed to the Hospital. ( We visited her on the following Saturday, and she was doing great! they kept her about a week!)

Anyway my FIL, who is the pastor) followed the ambulance down...in his rush...he forgot his cell phone...no one could get a hold of him...so my MIL was panicking.......

I told DH that she is no longer allowed to call us on vacation....it was nothing but bad news!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I apologize for the lack of pictures this day, but my camera was acting up!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:44 AM   #131
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

You really are having bad news this trip. So sorry to hear about DD8s teacher. She was so young. I bet your daughter was devastated. I know my DD7 would have been - she adores her teacher. What a difficult thing for children to comprehend.

As for your trip - loved all the updates!!!!! You sound like you packed a lot in to your day at the Studios.

The HSM show sounds great - I know my 2 are going to love this. I also love TSM - isn't it the best ride? Very clever and so much fun to ride.

How lovely to meet friends in there. We have never met anyone in the parks before. Once DH saw someone from his work but avoided being spotted as he said he was on holiday and didn't want a work reminder!!!! So rude!

Looking forward to the next one!!!
Lx
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #132
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

We didnt tell her until after we got home...she was devastated.....they are having a "Celebration of Life" for her teacher this upcoming Sunday and I am thinking about taking DD8.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #133
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What a great update! I had no idea they were cutting shows due to budget cuts so I'll have to do some checking into this so I can plan appropriately. I also loved TSM! I get horrible motion sickness though so I did get a little queasy due to the spinning. I'm such a wimp. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's teacher. How very sad. My kiddos too would be devastated.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #134
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Oh Clarabug. I wish I could reach through and give you and your girls a great big hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
My non-stop running finally caught up with me last night....I had the girls in bed by 8pm and I was fast asleep in the recliner by 8:15pm.....got up long enough to crawl into bed.....got up again long enough to get the girls off to school and finally woke up at 10:30am.

Holy Cow!!

I am still busy though!

Will it never end?!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #135
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
We didnt tell her until after we got home...she was devastated.....they are having a "Celebration of Life" for her teacher this upcoming Sunday and I am thinking about taking DD8.

I think that's a wonderful idea.

You poor thing... when it rains, it pours....

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: