Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #106
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice update. Breakfast at Ohana's looks yummy. Looking forward to my breakfast there this June!

Did you get a picture of your DH getting soaked?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #107
Peanut&Piglet'sMom
Mouseketeer

Stumbled upon your trip report and I'm hooked! I love seeing how other families trips go...especially with 2 little girls. Mine are 3 and 7 so i like to compare.

So sorry to hear of your loss while at Disney.

I'm glad your DD got better each day. I need to remember to pack extra children's meds *just in case*.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!

Survived - and enjoyed! - the long drive from NJ to WDW for the 4th time in 8/2009!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #108
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm joining in too!

I was at Pop just a few weeks before you. We love it there, but we like the 1st floot 60's poolside. I've never had problems with noise yet, knock on wood!
Your trip looks fun. I love that picture of cinderella's carriage with the pumpkins around it. That wasn;t there yet when we went in early March. I would've loved to take a picture of that.
Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #109
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great update! I am so excited to try the 'Ohana breakfast too. Was the food good?

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 04-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #110
mkandjpsmom
Earning My Ears

I love your TR! My 2 daughters are almost the same ages 5 and 9. I was wondering if I should bring a stroller for the 5 year old. I really didn't want to hassle with it, but after reading your TR i'm rethinking it. She doesn't take naps anymore but if she has a really busy day she'll konk out at 7, and the 9 year old is a night owl.
Thanks for sharing your trip it's getting me even more excited for mine!!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #111
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

My DD is 4 and I think this trip she was in the stroller more than any other trip. My sister took her 5 Yo on her b-day and they ended up buying a stroller down there. She started renting, but it is so costly, that it was cheaper in the long run just to buy one.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #112
serene56
DIS Veteran

By chance do you remember what time you arrived to get FP for TSM for 12:30?

Because of (jens (the above poster) trip report is why I will be taking a stroller for our 4 1/2 year old
Old 04-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #113
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

Because of (jens (the above poster) trip report is why I will be taking a stroller for our 4 1/2 year old
Aw thanks! I'm goona take one till she 20. LOL! It's great for holding stuff though as well as a tired child.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #114
tinkermamaof2
Mouseketeer

Location: Not too far from Toronto, close enough to shop in the States, Too far away from Disney

Our family was asked to participate at the backlot tour as well, the only problem...my lovely husband volunteered me. I got the same job as your husband! It was fun and I'm sure my family enjoyed watching me as much as your family enjoyed watching your husband. Plus we got excellent seats in the first tram!

Patti

All Star Movies-2005
AKL Savannah View February 2008
Universal March 2012-Royal Pacific Resort
Universal March 2013-Hard Rock Hotel
Disneys Tower Of Terror Ten Miler October 2013
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #115
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice update. Breakfast at Ohana's looks yummy. Looking forward to my breakfast there this June!

Did you get a picture of your DH getting soaked?
Even better, I took a video....i just dont know how to upload it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut&Piglet'sMom View Post
Stumbled upon your trip report and I'm hooked! I love seeing how other families trips go...especially with 2 little girls. Mine are 3 and 7 so i like to compare.

So sorry to hear of your loss while at Disney.

I'm glad your DD got better each day. I need to remember to pack extra children's meds *just in case*.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm joining in too!

I was at Pop just a few weeks before you. We love it there, but we like the 1st floot 60's poolside. I've never had problems with noise yet, knock on wood!
Your trip looks fun. I love that picture of cinderella's carriage with the pumpkins around it. That wasn;t there yet when we went in early March. I would've loved to take a picture of that.
Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great update! I am so excited to try the 'Ohana breakfast too. Was the food good?
Food was great! Both times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkandjpsmom View Post
I love your TR! My 2 daughters are almost the same ages 5 and 9. I was wondering if I should bring a stroller for the 5 year old. I really didn't want to hassle with it, but after reading your TR i'm rethinking it. She doesn't take naps anymore but if she has a really busy day she'll konk out at 7, and the 9 year old is a night owl.
Thanks for sharing your trip it's getting me even more excited for mine!!
But the cheap $15 dollar umbrella stroller at Wal-MArt......its $15 dollars a day to rent a stroller! or you can buy one there for $52.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My DD is 4 and I think this trip she was in the stroller more than any other trip. My sister took her 5 Yo on her b-day and they ended up buying a stroller down there. She started renting, but it is so costly, that it was cheaper in the long run just to buy one.
AMEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

The park opened at 9...we got there about 9:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermamaof2 View Post
Our family was asked to participate at the backlot tour as well, the only problem...my lovely husband volunteered me. I got the same job as your husband! It was fun and I'm sure my family enjoyed watching me as much as your family enjoyed watching your husband. Plus we got excellent seats in the first tram!

Patti
DH husband got a chuckle out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planning fanatic mom View Post
Thanks for the update. You must be so tired.
Question? Did you get a chance to buy the video of your DH's production? My DH and I were both in it, and I would have liked to see it. When I asked if I could purchase a video, the CM just looked at me like I was weird and said, "I don't think so."
I thought maybe they gave you a chance.
No, my digital camera has video capability..so I just took the video myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia's mommy View Post
I have to admit, I don't read trip reports, I am too busy planning our next trip but yours has got me hooked! Keep it up!

I am very sorry to hear about your Aunt though.
I am truly flattered....thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBShorts View Post
I can't wait to read the rest of your trip report! :D
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyblt View Post
OH Clara what a great day so far!
I love your TSM pics I got teary eyed (i know I'm a dork) 150 days till I go!!!!!!

I love your that your DH was included I hope we get something like that. Last year they crowd sanfg Happy Birthday to my DS on the bridge to tomorrowland and guess where I was????? the Bridge to Frontierland to get to Dumbo
I was bummed
Im a dork too,

ohhh, sorry to hear you missed "Happy Birthday" to your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
great day at the studios. I think that has become the rule for the TSM ride and FP line.
HS was open until 10pm that night and when we went back at 12:30, the return time was in the 9-10pm hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Lovely pics and a great update. I think when we go we must go straight to TSM and get ours. It is worth though isn't it - so much fun!
You will just have to stay tuned to find out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oh the girls must have loved that!! I'm enjoying your report very much!

Kathy
They had a blast, especially when Daddy got all wet!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #116
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I hope this works!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #118
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Too cute! I wish they'd pick my husband for this. Every since he got super slimed at Nickelodeon Studios over at Universal, he makes sure he doesn't make eye contact with a castmember looking for volunteers.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #120
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

I'm planning on dinner at 'Ohana in September... but I'm definitely thinking about breakfast too now!
I love that your DH got drenched! I'd pay good money to see my DH get that! As for the camo WV hat, my DH has it too!! And a khaki one, and a blue one, etc... Now that we've moved, we have more WV clothes than we did our whole lives living there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: