Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #61
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Funny Story Time!

For those of your who have not stayed at the Pop before, it is the furthest resort from the Magic Kingdom...about a 20 minute bus ride.

One afternoon while heading back to the resort from MK, we had a out of this world bus driver.

There were three speed bumps that we had to go over and he made us raise our hands and yell as if we were on Splash Mountain. Everyone on the bus gotta kick out of that and then he started singing "Zippa dee doo da!"

Everyone on the bus was singing along and right before he pulled into the Pop, he singing "M...I...C, See ya really soon...." and of course...we all sang along! The bus applauded when he pulled up to the bus stop.

Another great Disney Magic Moment!!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #62
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraBug View Post
For those of your who have not stayed at the Pop before, it is the furthest resort from the Magic Kingdom...about a 20 minute bus ride.

One afternoon while heading back to the resort from MK, we had a out of this world bus driver.

There were three speed bumps that we had to go over and he made us raise our hands and yell as if we were on Splash Mountain. Everyone on the bus gotta kick out of that and then he started singing "Zippa dee doo da!"

Everyone on the bus was singing along and right before he pulled into the Pop, he singing "M...I...C, See ya really soon...." and of course...we all sang along! The bus applauded when he pulled up to the bus stop.

I love these kind of bus drivers. We had a couple of them while staying at the CBR. Others were just nice and I think they could read that all of their passengers were really tired and ready to get back to the resort.

We are staying at Pop for the first time in August and I am so looking forward to it. As for the 20 minute drive from the Magic Kingdom, that's perfectly fine with us. For years and years, we drove our car to the Magic Kingdom. It definitely took more than 20 minutes to get to and from the park!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #63
debraW76
DIS Veteran

for the magical bus driver
for the magical waiter
for aunt flo inviting herself to your vacation
for the dumb alarm clock not knowing what time you wanted up
for making it to EPCOT in an hour inspite of dumb alarm clock
for dumb photobucket not working for you
for DD fever leaving
for knowing the lyrics to the imagination ride

Hope you had a great Easter
Old 04-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #64
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love the fun bus drivers! That 20 minutes from MK to POP can seem like an eternity! So nice to have the entertainment!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #65
GadgetRick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH grew up in the mountains of West Virginia and he always gave his seat to someone else. Taking the bus back in the evenings, it was always crowded. If I took a seat I always had one of the girls on my lap (at one time both) to make sure that there were extra seats. I probably wont do that when they are in their teens but, by god, I am at least going to try to teach them now!
This is one thing which always annoys me. I'm a healthy man and I NEVER sit on a bus unless there are PLENTY of seats. Why on earth wouldn't someone give you and your girls a seat? I never understand people.... It's one pet peeve I have with the people riding the bus in DW...
Old 04-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #66
GadgetRick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is something which has been lacking in the latest round of drivers. This used to happen on almost every trip. Now, most of them just play the recording and take you where you're going. I miss bus drivers like this...
Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #67
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
This is one thing which always annoys me. I'm a healthy man and I NEVER sit on a bus unless there are PLENTY of seats. Why on earth wouldn't someone give you and your girls a seat? I never understand people.... It's one pet peeve I have with the people riding the bus in DW...

My husband has epilepsy and takes quite a few meds. Sometimes, the meds will mess with his equilibrium so standing on moving buses sometimes is a problem for him. Even so, he will give up his seat to a woman or child in a heartbeat (and hangs on tight to the railings). If he is not feeling so well, then he stays seated. I've even sat in his lap in order to give someone else my seat. Our son who will soon be 12 is being taught the same manners!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #68
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

I just stumbled upon your TR and it's great so far! Well, not the bad things happening, but you're doing an amazing job writing it!! Can't wait to hear more!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #69
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Okay, so this morning, I take DD5 to the doctors office because she has had this runny nose and cough since Disney.....We go in and the doctor says its allergies and the best way to treat her symptoms. Great, I finally get a doctor that actually tells me what I need to do

So we had to the van to go get some lunch at Sonic ...yum! I have a minivan and in tight parking lots, I have to three point turn to get fully out of the spot and to a comfortable position to go. I had backed up out of the spot, pulled slightly forward to so that I could do a wider turn to back completely out of the spot....well before I could back up the second time

BAMM!

Another car backed up into me!

You have got to be kidding me!

How could you not see my huge minivan "butt"! I pulled into another parking spot and checked the damage.... There is only paint damage...but I am still aggravated. I was super nice to the lady and we exchanged information...I even had two people come up to me and give me there information because they witnessed the incident.

It is obvious I have upset the Tiki Gods...now I need some good ju-ju!

Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #70
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

good news about the doctor
bad news about the accident
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #71
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Pictures, Yay!

Okay....where did I leave off.....

After our trip to the bathroom, we found the butterfly garden and the Pixie Garden...

It was really cute.

Then we found this guy in the butterfly garden...

We were going to World Showcase and then DD8 saw the Kimmunitcators...

We went to the kiosk and got our ticket for when and where to pick up our Kimmunicator. 2:45pm

We decide that it is time for lunch and I for one was hungry!
The girls wanted chinese, Dh wanted German brats and sauerkraut and I want Norway. DH didnt like the idea of everyone eating separately but I was okay with the idea.....in fact that was the only argument that we had all week.

He is very big about eating together as a family. I told that World Showcase was the only place that we can have this type of variety.....He smartly answered "at the foodcourt at the mall"

SMART @$$

So the girls got their chinese and we sit with them and watch them eat. I head to the bakery in Norway for my turkey sandwich that is only on one piece of bread with jarlsburg cheese and a single little pickle slice that I "americanize" and put mustard on.....

You've got to be kidding me!

They dont serve it anymore and all their sandwiches now have two slices and are grilled....

I am heartbroken! I have been looking forward to that sandwich all week!

I meet back up with my brood and I am just heartsick

The girls are done eating and we head around the world looking for lunch.....

We come to the American Pavillon and I look at the MENU board...SCORE...Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich!!!

I get the pulled pork with a side of coleslaw and a chocolate dessert....DH got a bacon cheeseburger and fries and a mickey rice crispie treat for his dessert. He found us a table inside while I grabbed toppings.

When DH went up to the topping bar for something else...DD5 snitched his Mickey rice crispie treat and started gnawing on it. He came back to the table and acted surprise when he saw a couple bites out of rice crispie treat. It was a long time since I had a pulled pork sandwich that was THAT good!

After lunch we head back to Mexico to catch the Three Amigos ride since BOTH girls love that ride.

Then we slowly went through the counties until it was time to get our "Kimmunicator"....Wade told us to head to China....wait wasn't I just there for lunch
The China Pavillion was really crowded and it was REALLY hard to hear...plus the girls kept fighting over who got to hold the phone and who got to look for the clues. I was not that thrilled with it....but someone else might be so please dont go by my opinion...I love the idea behind it but only one phone is allowed per family and that was a problem for us.

Ahh, Beverly!!

I just that that this was too cute!!

DD5 participating in the Pledge of Allegiance with the Fife and Drum Corp at the American Pavillion

Again, the backside of DD5....playing the the fountain at the American Pavillion

We sat and watched the Fife and Drum Corp at the American Pavillion and kept going around the world when we happened upon these two lovely ladies in Great Britain

Mary Poppins was absolutely delightful and Alice was just as enjoyable.

Tea, Anyone?

We worked all the way around the headed back to future world and to Innoventions. We didn't get to do that last time we were at EPCOT....DD5 is exhausted and getting to be unbearable....I told DH that I was going to buy one of those $50 strollers that Disney was selling and call it a day. HE was not happy about that and we had some words about that too, just not as heated as earlier. I head into MouseGears and I looked high and low...no strollers...Ah ha! I see something else that might help the situation. I pay for my purchase and go find my family.

I walk into Innoventions (i have no idea if it is East or West) and find the brood....I get the stick eye from DH....that is no stroller...nope...its even better.....FOOD!

There was a Mickey rice crispie "bouquet"!

Four small mickey rice crispies...dipped in different colored chocolates and tied together to look like a flower bouquet. SCORE!!

We found a quiet place to sit and nibble on our treats. DH went to find the little boys room and I sat in a chair and held DD5 in my lap....she drifted off to sleep...DH came back and took DD8 to the other innoventions to play. DD5 slept for 45 mins and I think I drifted off too for a minute or so. But SHHH, dont tell DH because I had the backpack next to me.

After she woke up, we rode Spaceship Earth and then went over to the Seas and rode Nemo. We waited about 20 mins for Spaceship Earth and walked right on Nemo.....of course it takes you 15 mins to walk through the empty cue line at Nemo

It was almost time for our dinner ressies at the Rose and Crown. So we left the seas and headed back to Great Britain.

We check in 40 mins before our ressie.

The Waiting Game

It wasn't until 10 mins after our time that we were finally seated and we were seated inside right next to the bar...
Not happy about this because the bar area was loud and the piano lady was playing...

I look at the menu and I am floored......where the heck is the Shepherds Pie??

I am at the Rose and Crown and there is no Shepherds Pie??????????

You have got to be kidding me!

I dont eat lamb or sausage.....what the heck am I going to eat?

I ordered the Vegetable Curry.....surprisingly it was pretty decent...not too spicy

DH got the Bangers and Mash...and he loved it better then when my Brother-in-Law from Scotland (who now lives in London) made his Bangers and Mash. I promised that I wouldnt tell Gregg about that!

The girls ordered pizza from the kids menu.
Unbeknownst to me, DD8 order the Tinker Belle punch drink and when drinks were served all that was holy broke loose from Hell. DD5 in her exhausted state got very upset and the blessed little waitress immediatley came back to the table and gave DD5 the little Tinkerbelle that lights up that comes with the cup. She was appeased for a few moments but then she wanted the same cup too. I tried to distract her...it helped when the waitress brought out our food and she had a full tummy.

Get this, I know that the tinkerbelle drinks have to be paid out of pocket and are not part of the Dining Plan....our little waitress only charged us for the one cup and not the second light up tinkerbelle.....Disney Magic!

Wishes had started and we watched a little bit but we had been at the park since 8:30 and we were so stinkin' tired that we started towards the entrance of the park and towards the bus stop. We shared our seat on the bus with some very nice people from Canada and had an enjoyable ride back to the resort.

I gave the girls their bath and DH went to refill our mugs and phone home. The arrangements for his aunt were set. The viewing was Wednesday and funeral on Thursday.....well this was Tuesday. Scott called Southwest and since it was NOT a immediate family member...they could change his return ticket at no extra charge but to change all four of our tickets was going to be big $$$

DH did not like the idea of missing his aunts funeral, especially since he was asked to be a pal bearer....but he hated to leave me and the girls alone in Fla even more....so he called his dad back and explained the airline situation and his dad completely agreed about not leaving me and the girls alone....

We hated that we missed the funeral but when we got home we called his cousins and apologized about not being at the funeral....of course they were very understanding and both of the said the Aunt Mary would not have wanted us to cut short a vacation on her account.

I know thats what you are suppose to say but I still felt really bad about not being there.

Last edited by ClaraBug; 04-13-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #72
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Pictures, Yay! Part 2

The girls and me.

The girls with Marie

Playing in the Imagination Room

Test Track.....I see a hidden mickey!!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:00 AM   #73
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

So sorry you didn't manage to make the funeral. I am sure they will have understood.

I love how your "you've got to be kidding me" trip report is sprinkled with Disney Magic. Its what its all about isn't it!

And where did you meet Marie? DD loves Marie but in the 3 times we have been with her she has never met her. She would love to see her this time.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 AM   #74
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm subbing to your report, just love the photos sorry to hear about the bad news you've received but glad you were still managing to enjoy your time xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #75
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I love these kind of bus drivers. We had a couple of them while staying at the CBR. Others were just nice and I think they could read that all of their passengers were really tired and ready to get back to the resort.

We are staying at Pop for the first time in August and I am so looking forward to it. As for the 20 minute drive from the Magic Kingdom, that's perfectly fine with us. For years and years, we drove our car to the Magic Kingdom. It definitely took more than 20 minutes to get to and from the park!
I never minded the length of the ride except in the evenings if I was standing, usually some gave their seat up for the girls and one time DD5 had to sit on DD8's lap...I couldnt get my camera out but they fell asleep holding each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
for the magical bus driver
for the magical waiter
for aunt flo inviting herself to your vacation
for the dumb alarm clock not knowing what time you wanted up
for making it to EPCOT in an hour inspite of dumb alarm clock
for dumb photobucket not working for you
for DD fever leaving
for knowing the lyrics to the imagination ride

Hope you had a great Easter
We had a very nice Easter, thank you!
How was yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love the fun bus drivers! That 20 minutes from MK to POP can seem like an eternity! So nice to have the entertainment!
Its the fun stuff like that the add to the Disney Fun!

Quote:
I truly didnt mind standing and can count my blessings that I am healthy enough to be able to stand.

Quote:
This is something which has been lacking in the latest round of drivers. This used to happen on almost every trip. Now, most of them just play the recording and take you where you're going. I miss bus drivers like this...
On the very first trip that DH and I took (sans kids) the bus broke down heading back to the Beach Club Resort......the bus driver never said a word and the bus driver of the new bus came onto the broke down bus and asked us to reload onto his bus..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

My husband has epilepsy and takes quite a few meds. Sometimes, the meds will mess with his equilibrium so standing on moving buses sometimes is a problem for him. Even so, he will give up his seat to a woman or child in a heartbeat (and hangs on tight to the railings). If he is not feeling so well, then he stays seated. I've even sat in his lap in order to give someone else my seat. Our son who will soon be 12 is being taught the same manners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
I just stumbled upon your TR and it's great so far! Well, not the bad things happening, but you're doing an amazing job writing it!! Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you very much
I think that it was such a 'roller coaster of emotions' trip that it might be coming out in writing. Please ignore the spelling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
good news about the doctor
bad news about the accident
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
So sorry you didn't manage to make the funeral. I am sure they will have understood.

I love how your "you've got to be kidding me" trip report is sprinkled with Disney Magic. Its what its all about isn't it!

And where did you meet Marie? DD loves Marie but in the 3 times we have been with her she has never met her. She would love to see her this time.
Marie was at EPCOT during EMH right before you come under Spaceship Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Hi I'm subbing to your report, just love the photos sorry to hear about the bad news you've received but glad you were still managing to enjoy your time xx
Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: