Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #16
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
Oh Snap!! I was hoping to be first!
Oh well. At least i made first page!!
I still love ya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Looking forward to hearing all about it! You've got a great start!
Thanks, Jess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
great start!! Waiting for more
Its coming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushuGirl06 View Post
this is very random but you live in Hagerstown, MD thats so sweet; the mid atlantic team from the little world series came from that town in 2008!

anyways i am loving your TR and cant wait for more updates!
Yep, I remember...It was a BIG deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillylynnb View Post

Waiting for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNurse View Post
Sounds like so much fun! Can't wait for more report!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
Love your TR! I came across your PTR today and was hoping to find you on the TR board..

Ive been to Pop 3 times so far and have liked it pretty well.. Im headed back there in a few weeks for my first solo.. Its been awhile since I have been at Pop so Im interested to hear how its doing..

Thats funny about your DD's and the less than thrilled reaction to your surprise ... Last year me and DH surprised my DD with a trip to WDW and told her that we were going to my friends house- one I went to high school with and that I hadnt seen her in some time, etc.. We got all the way to the Magical Express bus desk before we sprung it on her.. Yep, we were at the Orlando airport before she knew and she got mad at us when we told her what we had done.. she was mad because she said we made her lie to her teacher and friends she soon got over it though..
We were not happy about it after our first stay....but the second stay at the Pop was wonderful!!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #17
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

After landing in Orlando....we high-tail it to the Magical Express and we are loaded onto a ME bus right away! How great was that!!!

DD5 temp had gone down but she was still warm...you could tell by her glassy eyes that the fever was still there!

We arrive at the Pop and I get in line to check-in....Its not even 9:30 am and our room is ready!! We get our Keys to the Kingdom and head directly to our room! We are in the '90's this time, face away from the pool. It was great!! We unload our bags and just take the bare necessities. We head to Everything Pop for some breakfast.

We are on the dining plan, so breakfast this morning was our snack credits. I got the Chocolate crossant and it was so very yummy!!! DH got a Banana nut muffin and the girls got a bagel and a cheesecake.....hey, we in Disney...if she wants a cheesecake for breakfast...she can have a cheesecake for breakfast!! We also bought two of the re-fillable mugs. Its a tradition....besides...DH is a coffee ***** and the mugs pay for themselves with the amount of coffee he drinks!

We meander around the gift shop and then head to the Magic Kingdom bus. It was evening Extra Magic Hours at MK that night and we were going to take full advantage of them.

We get on the MK and it starts to rain, not hard but enough....it had been misting all morning since we arrive but it was not a bother. By the time we arrive at MK.....it is pouring! and for those who have stayed at the Pop, you know the bus stop for the MK is the very last stop! We ran to the awning that covers the walkway to the boat that take you to the wilderness resort and stood there for about 10-15 mins. I have DD5 wrapped up in my rain jacket, scared that getting wet would worsen her fever! So needless to say, I was soak to the bone!! but I was in Disney!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

What is it with kids getting sick right at vacation time?? My daughter and grandsons leave in a few hours and my grandson is sick also. Hope she got better quickly!!
Looking forward to more!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #19
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I need to upload some more pix!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #20
Miss Ang
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more. I sure do hope your dd was feeling better quickly!
Caribbean Beach: 2009
Wilderness Lodge: June 2011
Art of Animation: March 2013

Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #21
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I haven't forgot about y'all!

My FIL was admitted to the hospital yesterday afternoon for chest pain and they wanted to keep him over night for observation. He is home right now but will have to go back in to have his gall bladder removed.

Its another "you've got to be kidding me" moment!!

You will understand when I get further into my trip report!

But FIL is home and doing well...so that is a bit of good news.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

I am glad that FIL is home...sorry about the gall bladder though!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #23
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #24
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just found your TR. Great reading so far. Can't wait to here more. Hope your DD isn't sick the whole trip

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 04-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #25
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

DAY 1, Cont.

Where was I....right...soaked!

The rain FINALLY let up and we did the mad dash to the Magic Kingdom. I had a bag to get checked but DH took the girls up and through the gate to the tunnel under the train.

Our first picture!!

Please notice the lovely sky and the 10:30 am crowds!

Partners Statue

My DD5 made me take this one!

Bridge between the Castle Hub and Tomorrowland....You will notice a trend with DD5....you will mostly see her backside!

We wondered aimlessly around the park get to take everything in. We were in no rush to jump on any rides, until we came to the Haunted Mansion. Last time we were at Disney, it was closed for renovation. The girls were scared to death. DD5 rode with me and DD8 rode with DH. DD5 but her head in my lap the WHOLE ride, she would not look up at all. After HM, we meandered over to Splash MT for Fastpasses and then headed to Pirates....which by taking the right-side que line, we walked right onto the ride!
DH thought we were lost and I kept telling him to be patient.

Then we rode the jungle cruise which was about a 15 min wait.

Inspiration Falls....they inspire you to go..... Still corny but still funny

Backside of water........sorry had too!

We headed over to the Castle Hub to catch story time with Belle

Then we hoped into Tomorrowland and rode the TTA.

Backside of DD5

We were starving for lunch and decided that Cosmic Rays would do the trick! I got the BBQ ribs and they were delicious! DH got the Chicken sandwich, DD8 got the Chicken Cesaer Salad and DD5 got chicken nuggets. We left stuffed to the gills! I loved everything I ate!! Include the rich, chocolate dessert!! It was Heavenly!!

After TTA, we headed to Toon Town and went through Minnie and Mickey's houses...we then rode Goofy's Barn Stormer...I love that ride...dont ask me why but I do.!

At this point, I am still trying to find where Tinkerbelle and friends are located for pictures....idiot that I can be, didnt ask...to find out later that they are in the tent where you can get pictures with the princesses.

At this point, our Splash Mt fastpasses are ready, we hop the train to Frontierland and hop on Splash Mt. DD5 and DH LOVE this ride. Everytime someone would ask DD5 what her favorite thing was....Splash Mt.

We are pretty tired and decided to head to the Pop for a cat nap. DD5 is still pretty warm from the fever.

Last edited by ClaraBug; 04-08-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: I cannot spell!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #26
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

After Nap Time.....

We head back to the MK for our Dinner Ressies...Crystal Palace with Pooh Bear. I was a little worried about DD5 because she didnt care for some of the characters. But the only one she really shied away from was Tigger. Poor Eeyore spilled her cup but it was all good...it had a lid. The food was pretty good...I cant say it was great but I cant say it was bad either.

We got to see most of the Wishes fireworks from the Crystal Palace while we were waiting to be seated.

After dinner we headed to tomorrowland and rode Buzz. DH and DD8 rode Stitch while I took DD5 back on the TTA. We met back up and headed to Fantasy Land to ride Small World, the Carousel, Snow White, and Pooh Bear. The then saw Philharmagic....we as a family love this show. The parked closed at 1am and it was after midnight....we decided to call it a day...or night...whatever...we were going to bed.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #27
courtney2702
Earning My Ears

im joining in on your trip report hope you dont mind. i clicked because i love the title! I just had to keep reading once i saw hagerstown Md lol i live about an hour away from there. Im liking your trip report so far
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #28
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2702 View Post
im joining in on your trip report hope you dont mind. i clicked because i love the title! I just had to keep reading once i saw hagerstown Md lol i live about an hour away from there. Im liking your trip report so far
Hi Courtney!! Are you near the Cumberland area?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #29
courtney2702
Earning My Ears

yes i am pretty close to there actually
Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #30
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Loving it so far! Poor little mite with a fever on the first day of her trip - hope she perks up!
Lx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: