Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #136
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Ugh! You have gotten MORe than your fair share of bad news on this trip. Did you tell you DD about her teacher or did youwait until you got home?

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #137
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ok I just caught up (finally) on your TR Clara... I am very sorry so many pieces of bad news came to you while on vacation... I know it can be tough to feel so helpless being far away and not being able to be with family and friends... I hope you are all doing better

On a happier note, I do love hearing about your TR! I do not think we did any of the same parks on any day though! Odds are we would have done one on the same day at least! Oh well! I love that they picked you hubs for BT, that is always a fun pre-tour show, I bet your daughters thought it was great!

The story about Indiana Jones had me all weepy! When I was younger Disney used to have a character breakfast at Filene's in Downtown Boston every year. My mother worked for Filene's at the time and we would go every year, well one of her co-workers son's was deaf and (PS she always crys when she tells this story) Mickey got down on one knee and spoke to the boy in ASL. She said the whole room was in tears (this may be a bit of an exaggeration, but who knows) and it was her favorite disney moment ever! How special that you got to see something so special
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #138
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Even though I have never met any of you face to face....you all have a special place in my heart! I dont think that there is a community out there that is this special and kind hearted.

And When...not if....but when any of you happen to be at Disney the same time we are.....expect to get a big heart-felt hug from me!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #139
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

It can only go up from here.......and it does.

Our last day........

I have a test to take tonight for a possible state job.....

tomorrow is Soccer practice and Friday night..the game

Sat Morning...CPR/First Aid Certification

Sunday...Church.....

so not sure when the next update will come but it will, promise!!

PS....until then you can check out TiggerSam's report......its fabulous!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #140
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

I heard about your DD's teacher when it happened... How sad...

It's so cool your friend was there at the same time... The alien part freaks me out too!! DD didn't pay attention last year, but I'm afraid this year might get her!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #141
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

All that sad news in a happy place. So unfair. It can't be your last day already.....Good luck on the test.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #142
DisneyCharacter
Earning My Ears

I just discovered your trip report and read it all in one sitting. loving it so far I am so sorry for all of your bad news- I am glad that you were still able to enjoy the trip.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #143
lovemyblt
Mouseketeer

My goodness Girl all this bad news!! I am so glad you still made the most of it, Your trip even with all the downs seems like it was absolutely fantastic!
ABC commissary was not great when we went either.... fast food cheap I guess?

I hope we can see lights camera action - we will skip Belle for it I htink
Old 04-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #144
MEK
DIS Veteran

First - I love the video of DH drowning!

Second - Thank you for telling me about the Lights, Action, Motorcar (forget the exact name) show being cut to twice a day. I want to take my nephew this summer and will plan accordingly.

Third - thanks for the lovely update and pictures.

Last - So, so sorry to hear about your DD's teacher passing away. I'm sure that was news the put another damper on your trip.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #145
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow. I swear every time we leave my DH's brother calls 50 zillion times and he is one of those downer people and tells us al lthat is going wrong at home. My DH and hom own a dairy farm and it's either flooding (which it did this year) or snowing or stuff is brealing left and right. I hate when he calls. He even called at 3 AM this year to tell DH to look on the weather channel and see how bad we were getting hammered at home.

I am so sorry for your DD and her teacher. My DD is in preschool and her teacher also announced recently that her cancer came back after 12 years. She had a surgery a month ago or less, and she' already back teaching part time, so hopefully all is going well with her.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #146
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
I heard about your DD's teacher when it happened... How sad...

It's so cool your friend was there at the same time... The alien part freaks me out too!! DD didn't pay attention last year, but I'm afraid this year might get her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
All that sad news in a happy place. So unfair. It can't be your last day already.....Good luck on the test.
Thanks but it didnt happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCharacter View Post
I just discovered your trip report and read it all in one sitting. loving it so far I am so sorry for all of your bad news- I am glad that you were still able to enjoy the trip.
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyblt View Post
My goodness Girl all this bad news!! I am so glad you still made the most of it, Your trip even with all the downs seems like it was absolutely fantastic!
ABC commissary was not great when we went either.... fast food cheap I guess?

I hope we can see lights camera action - we will skip Belle for it I htink
Forewarned is fore armed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
First - I love the video of DH drowning!

Second - Thank you for telling me about the Lights, Action, Motorcar (forget the exact name) show being cut to twice a day. I want to take my nephew this summer and will plan accordingly.

Third - thanks for the lovely update and pictures.

Last - So, so sorry to hear about your DD's teacher passing away. I'm sure that was news the put another damper on your trip.
Here to help!!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #147
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

An "Awww, How Cute Moment"

DD8 and I were sitting in the recliner together one afternoon while the girls were on Easter Break and I just happened to think that DD5 is too quiet....

I look over and then quietly ran to get my camera....I took a couple pix of her and our Boxer, Gilly, napping together.

Enjoy!!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #148
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow. I swear every time we leave my DH's brother calls 50 zillion times and he is one of those downer people and tells us al lthat is going wrong at home. My DH and hom own a dairy farm and it's either flooding (which it did this year) or snowing or stuff is brealing left and right. I hate when he calls. He even called at 3 AM this year to tell DH to look on the weather channel and see how bad we were getting hammered at home.

I am so sorry for your DD and her teacher. My DD is in preschool and her teacher also announced recently that her cancer came back after 12 years. She had a surgery a month ago or less, and she' already back teaching part time, so hopefully all is going well with her.
Can I just say how gosh darn adorable your daughter is in her Boutique pictures...

Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #149
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

Okay, this is a total girl thing but....

There is something about coming home after a bad day or long day or both...washing off the make-up......putting on a flannel "granny" nightgown....and wrapping up in a comfy robe......

Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #150
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Your boxer is darling.....and so is your little sweetie cuddled up next to it!

And yeah, the girl thing is so spot on....wash the make up off, granny nightie, blankie, (add in a cup of tea for me) and the day gets a lot better suddenly.

Hope your day got better!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: