Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #1471
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Are the beds in CR comfortable? When we stayed at AKL, my husband hated the beds...it was not comfortable. I'm trying to convience him to stay here for our December trip. Thank you

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 07-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #1472
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Does anybody have any pictures of the CR (and maybe BLT) at night? For example, as you are walking around the resort, from a distance...
I'm just curious what it looks like?

it seems like every resort takes on a whole different look at night, and I think that is SO cool! BC and all the white lights, Poly and the tiki torches...even the lobbies look different at night with their subdued lighting (the BW looks really pretty!!!)

what does the Contemporay and BLT look like at night???!!!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #1473
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyBear's_mom View Post
On our trip a few weeks ago DH fell in love with CR and would love to stay there on our next visit. We have one cutie-pie of a problem though- DD (1) is a very restless sleeper (she grunts and moves a lot in her sleep!) and we can't get a good night's sleep when we are in the same room with her. There's no way I can justify spending the money for a 1 bedroom or 2 connecting standard rooms. We thought of the possibility of putting DD's pack n play in the outer bathroom (by the tub). Does anyone think this would work? We have a standard Graco pack n play, but I'm not sure if it would fit. Despite waking everyone else up, DD can sleep through anything so I don't think she would wake up if we had to walk past her in the outer bathroom to use the inner bathroom. I know this sounds weird, but I think it might be the only way to make DH's dream of staying at CR a reality...TIA!
Have you looked into The Bay Lake Towers? This is the same problem we have with our kids, and if we do all sleep in the same room, we're also afraid of waking them up in the morning! We've put BLT at the top of our list for that very reason (and it looks pretty cool!)...good luck!!!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #1474
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Are the beds in CR comfortable? When we stayed at AKL, my husband hated the beds...it was not comfortable. I'm trying to convience him to stay here for our December trip. Thank you
Their beds are very comfortable and you won't be disappointed in them.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #1475
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellomaker View Post
Thanks for all the advice about the pins and we will give it a try! I'm not as nervous now that I have heard so many of you going thru without any problems.
Thanks everyone!!
You're welcome.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #1476
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
Does anybody have any pictures of the CR (and maybe BLT) at night? For example, as you are walking around the resort, from a distance...

it seems like every resort takes on a whole different look at night, and I think that is SO cool! BC and all the white lights, Poly and the tiki torches...even the lobbies look different at night with their subdued lighting (the BW looks really pretty!!!)

Here is a link with some photos taken outside during the evening, however I could not find any with Bay Lake Tower.
http://contemporaryresort.net/outside.html
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #1477
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

I'll second the beds being very comfortable!! We all liked them.

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #1478
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Here are some links to nighttime photos of BLT:

http://www.baylaketower.net/ (Click-on Craig's "New June 2009" pics.)

http://allears.net/acc/faq_baylaketower.htm (1 artist's rendering w/ fireworks)
Old 07-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #1479
GinnyBear's_mom
I say we start with dessert & go backwards; its been a backwards kind of day

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrob214 View Post
I think there's room, but it'd be tough getting by it to use the restroom.
I don't know if this helps, but here's the photo I took a couple weeks ago

This door is right past that towel rack you can see in the front on the first photo
Thanks for the pictures! (I never thought I'd need pictures of a bathroom )> It does look like a tight squeeze, but it does look possible. We can easily fold up the pack n play when she's not sleeping so we have room in the bathroom in the morning.

I also found this floorplan of the a standard room in CR. Is this basically the bathroom layout everyone has? I think if I put the pack n play right next to the tub there would still be just enough room to open the door to the inner bathroom.

|October '14 Grand Floridian| September '14 ASMo| August '13 Sheraton Vistana Villages| October '11 FWR Cabins| August '09 offsite|July '09 offsite |July '07 CSR| March '95 DL| June '83 Poly
Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #1480
GinnyBear's_mom
I say we start with dessert & go backwards; its been a backwards kind of day

Quote:
Have you looked into The Bay Lake Towers? This is the same problem we have with our kids, and if we do all sleep in the same room, we're also afraid of waking them up in the morning! We've put BLT at the top of our list for that very reason (and it looks pretty cool!)...good luck!!!

I have been looking at BLT, but if we are paying for a kitchen, DH won't let us be on the dining plan I don't want to cook all of my meals on my vacation, so we're torn

|October '14 Grand Floridian| September '14 ASMo| August '13 Sheraton Vistana Villages| October '11 FWR Cabins| August '09 offsite|July '09 offsite |July '07 CSR| March '95 DL| June '83 Poly
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #1481
Disneymama5816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The CR has the most comfortable beds we have ever had in a hotel. I sleep as well there as in my own bed. You will LOVE them.

12/99 Millenium Celebration-Royal Plaza, 8/00-Swan, 3/01-CBR, 11/01-CBR, 8/02-DCL and CR, 2/03-DCL and POR, 3/04-Swan, 8/05-GF, 11/06-Poly, 04/07-CR, 8/07-Poly,03/08-CR,08/08-CR,04/09-CR,08/07-BLT, 4/10-CR, 08/10-CSR/CR, 12/10-Dolph/POP,08/11-POP/CR-CL, 07/12-BC,04/13-BC,08/13-POP,04/14-BC,07/14-POR RR
Old 07-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #1482
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Thank you CR Resort Fan 4 Life and of the seas

Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 07-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #1483
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Garden room

If we have the garden rooms, do we need to go thru the main building to get the buses or we can walk around the grounds? When people say you can walk to MK, is the walkway safe to walk (is it a sidewalk so my 4 son can walk or is it in a busy street and walk on dirt road)? Thank you

Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 07-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #1484
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you CR Resort Fan 4 Life and of the seas
You're welcome.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #1485
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we have the garden rooms, do we need to go thru the main building to get the buses or we can walk around the grounds? When people say you can walk to MK, is the walkway safe to walk (is it a sidewalk so my 4 son can walk or is it in a busy street and walk on dirt road)? Thank you
When walking from the Garden rooms to the bus station you need to walk into the lobby of the Tower and exit out the automatic doors that are located on the right side by the front entrance, so can't miss them and it's very easy to do. It's also very safe walking to the Magic Kingdom and just before you come up to the road where all the cars go by, there is a traffic light that says when you are able to keep walking.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: