Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #1456
GinnyBear's_mom
I say we start with dessert & go backwards; its been a backwards kind of day

On our trip a few weeks ago DH fell in love with CR and would love to stay there on our next visit. We have one cutie-pie of a problem though- DD (1) is a very restless sleeper (she grunts and moves a lot in her sleep!) and we can't get a good night's sleep when we are in the same room with her. There's no way I can justify spending the money for a 1 bedroom or 2 connecting standard rooms. We thought of the possibility of putting DD's pack n play in the outer bathroom (by the tub). Does anyone think this would work? We have a standard Graco pack n play, but I'm not sure if it would fit. Despite waking everyone else up, DD can sleep through anything so I don't think she would wake up if we had to walk past her in the outer bathroom to use the inner bathroom. I know this sounds weird, but I think it might be the only way to make DH's dream of staying at CR a reality...TIA!

August '13 Sheraton Vistana Villages| October '11 FWR Cabins| August '09 offsite|July '09 offsite |July '07 CSR| March '95 DL| June '83 Poly
Old 07-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #1457
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

We are planning our vacation Dec 5th-Dec 12th, does CR decorate for the holiday? Is there a place where Santa visits the resort?

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #1458
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
CR Resort Fan, I look forward to you CR report! I am hoping you can tell us what it's like as I think you will be there after BLT is open. I am wondering how this will impact monorail service and the 4th FL concourse area.

I wish we were going with you! I know, I have another trip in a few months, but I'm impatient, lol.

Mary
I said this before and I will say it again, I don't think Bay Lake Tower will have much as of an impact as you might think. Since it's been gone for a long time let's not forget when they had the North Garden Wing they had more total rooms then what Bay Lake Tower is getting. Plus on my families recent stays without the North Garden Wing building there were a few times at night when we had to wait for another Monorail to arrive, because of the line. Now besides having Contemporary guests in line I am willing to be there was guests for the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, those getting to the Magic Kingdom to get on a WDW Resort bus and offsite guests going to the TTC.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #1459
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
We are planning our vacation Dec 5th-Dec 12th, does CR decorate for the holiday? Is there a place where Santa visits the resort?
A few years ago when my family and I would stay at the Contemporary just before Christmas Day, on Christmas Eve they would have Santa in the lobby. So chances are if they are still doing that it would not be around the dates your staying there, however they do have a meet Santa at Downtown Disney Marketplace by the World of Disney.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #1460
Jellomaker
Earning My Ears

Hey CR Resort Fan, I just thought of an issue.
1.We are flying to WDW landing at 2:00.
2.We are using the Magical Express.
3.We can not take our pins on the plane in our carry on so they will be in our luggage which will not be delivered to our room right away.
So going to the pin trading is probably not in the cards.
I'm kinda bummed.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #1461
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellomaker View Post

Hey CR Resort Fan, I just thought of an issue.
1.We are flying to WDW.
2.We are using the Magical Express.
3.We can not take our pins on the plane in our carry on and our luggage will not be delivered to our room right away.
So going to the pin trading is probably not in the cards.
I'm kinda bummed.
Are you sure you can not pack your pins in your carryon bag? Whenever my family and I have flown from Toronto - Orlando I always pack my pin bags and lanyard in my carryon and never had any problems doing that. Now sometimes when going threw security they were looked at and other times they were not, so I would think you should be able to do that.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #1462
Jellomaker
Earning My Ears

I have read on other sites that security took away some pins while flying out of Orlando so I just assumed it would be the same with Cleveland. Anyone else have any problems? Should I give it a try and then have to deal with mailing them to our resort from airport security. NOT FUN!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #1463
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have read on other sites that security took away some pins while flying out of Orlando so I just assumed it would be the same with Cleveland. Anyone else have any problems? Should I give it a try and then have to deal with mailing them to our resort from airport security. NOT FUN!
Hopefully this will make you feel better because a few years ago when my family and I were flying back home from Orlando one of the TSA agents was not sure what was in my bag, then another one knew right away it was my Disney pins because they have seen a lot of them in the past. So when flying out of Orlando there are going to be no problems and the TSA website doesn't even list pins as items which are not allowed on air planes in your carryon bag.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #1464
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

An idea I have if anyone wants Contemporary updates when I am going to be there

Since I won't be able to give a live trip report like I have done in the past, because the Contemporary got rid of the in room computers I thought of an idea. Since I just got a BlackBerry Tour if anyone wants my e-mail please send me a private message, because I will give it to you and when I am there between August 11 - 21 if you want to know what's going on e-mail me and I will e-mail you back with updates when I get a chance. Also after I e-mail you back please post the updates on here so everyone else can know what's going on.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #1465
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I've flown in & out with only carry-ons bags and had pins in them every time. I was never stopped or even questioned about them. Maybe I just got lucky?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #1466
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:

We just returned 2 weeks ago and took out pins in our carry-on luggage. We always have. TSA never even blinks.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #1467
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyBear's_mom View Post
On our trip a few weeks ago DH fell in love with CR and would love to stay there on our next visit. We have one cutie-pie of a problem though- DD (1) is a very restless sleeper (she grunts and moves a lot in her sleep!) and we can't get a good night's sleep when we are in the same room with her. There's no way I can justify spending the money for a 1 bedroom or 2 connecting standard rooms. We thought of the possibility of putting DD's pack n play in the outer bathroom (by the tub). Does anyone think this would work? We have a standard Graco pack n play, but I'm not sure if it would fit. Despite waking everyone else up, DD can sleep through anything so I don't think she would wake up if we had to walk past her in the outer bathroom to use the inner bathroom. I know this sounds weird, but I think it might be the only way to make DH's dream of staying at CR a reality...TIA!
I think there's room, but it'd be tough getting by it to use the restroom.
I don't know if this helps, but here's the photo I took a couple weeks ago

This door is right past that towel rack you can see in the front on the first photo
Old 07-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #1468
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyBear's_mom View Post
The bathroom will be a tight fit, have you thought about the balcony?- sorry, I couldn't resist.

I am a very light sleeper and I always put the AC/heat fan on "ON" at the CR so that it runs all the time; this really helps to drown out noises. Ear plugs also work.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 AM   #1469
Jellomaker
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the advice about the pins and we will give it a try! I'm not as nervous now that I have heard so many of you going thru without any problems.
Thanks everyone!!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #1470
Jellomaker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Since I won't be able to give a live trip report like I have done in the past, because the Contemporary got rid of the in room computers I thought of an idea. Since I just got a BlackBerry Tour if anyone wants my e-mail please send me a private message, because I will give it to you and when I am there between August 11 - 21 if you want to know what's going on e-mail me and I will e-mail you back with updates when I get a chance. Also after I e-mail you back please post the updates on here so everyone else can know what's going on.

I would be happy to do this for the first 4 days but then I will be down there with you!
Can someone be willing to do the whole vacation or from the 15-21?
Great Idea!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: