Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #1411
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

California Grill & Chef Mickey's fun facts

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...ifornia-grill/

California Grill Disney's Contemporary Resort cooked up the 2004 Disney Magazine Reader's Choice Award for Best Overall Walt Disney WorldResort Restaurant for Adults!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res.../chef-mickeys/

Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort cooked up the 2004 Disney Magazine Reader's Choice Award for Best Overall Walt Disney WorldResort Restaurant for Kids!

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 07-24-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #1412
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-TMIP View Post
my understanding is that when you are a concierge guest and tell the gatehouse your name, they are supposed to call ahead to the hotel so that a concierge can come down and meet you to take you up.
We have it happen hit and miss. I think it depends how busy they might be?
There was only 1 time when a Congierge CM came down and met us, our last trip no one was around, and no one called up.. it disappointed me. I must say when we stayed at GF last month, the gatehouse worker did call ahead and it was the best CL experience I ever had. I am hoping that happens for our next trip that a CM will meet us as we are booked CL level in a suite.

Cant wait either as I need my Contemporary fix.

Mary
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #1413
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

I need everyones advice. This will be our 1st time at the CR. I need a few good room reccomendations.

But first a few questions...
What is a tower room versus a garden one?

Is the tower one one thats inside the large building and a garden one one thats part of the little side building that goes around the side?

Also how many floors are there in the main resort building? Which floor is it that has the monorail?

If thats the case I want to be in the big building so I want a good tower room .
Can someone reccomend a good room in the main building with a good MK view ? I dont like heights so much but dont want to be on the bottom area either. Maybe somewhere inbetween.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #1414
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
I need everyones advice. This will be our 1st time at the CR. I need a few good room reccomendations.

But first a few questions...
What is a tower room versus a garden one?

Is the tower one one thats inside the large building and a garden one one thats part of the little side building that goes around the side?

Also how many floors are there in the main resort building? Which floor is it that has the monorail?

If thats the case I want to be in the big building so I want a good tower room .
Can someone reccomend a good room in the main building with a good MK view ? I dont like heights so much but dont want to be on the bottom area either. Maybe somewhere inbetween.
A Tower room is located inside the main building where all the restaurants, stores and Monorail station is located. A Garden room is a seperate building which is a less then 5 minute walk to the Tower and is less expensive per night.

In the Tower there is a total of 15 floors. The 1st floor is the lobby and the location of The Wave, which is one of their restaurants. The 2nd floor is a lot of the board rooms are and the California Grill check-in desk. The 3rd floor is the health club and salon and the 4th floor is where the, Monorail station, stores and most of the restaurants are located. The Bay Lake View rooms go from the 5th floor - 11th floor and the Magic Kingdom View rooms go from the 6th floor - 11th floor. The 12th and 14th floors are the two Club Level floors and the 15th floor is where the California Grill is located.

So because you want a Tower room do you want the Bay Lake View or the Magic Kingdom View? Both are amazing so can't go wrong no matter what you select, however the Bay Lake View is about $40.00 less per night no matter the season then the Magic Kingdom View.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #1415
cinderella73
I stand for strollers at wdw and peanut free schools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
A Tower room is located inside the main building where all the restaurants, stores and Monorail station is located. A Garden room is a seperate building which is a less then 5 minute walk to the Tower and is less expensive per night.

In the Tower there is a total of 15 floors. The 1st floor is the lobby and the location of The Wave, which is one of their restaurants. The 2nd floor is a lot of the board rooms are and the California Grill check-in desk. The 3rd floor is the health club and salon and the 4th floor is where the, Monorail station, stores and most of the restaurants are located. The Bay Lake View rooms go from the 5th floor - 11th floor and the Magic Kingdom View rooms go from the 6th floor - 11th floor. The 12th and 14th floors are the two Club Level floors and the 15th floor is where the California Grill is located.

So because you want a Tower room do you want the Bay Lake View or the Magic Kingdom View? Both are amazing so can't go wrong no matter what you select, however the Bay Lake View is about $40.00 less per night no matter the season then the Magic Kingdom View.
Oh thanks you so much! I did read the info on the main page but that is so much easier to absorb for me.

I think the MK view. I really think the MK view would be so amazing. I am not sure how much you can really see and many pictures were just zoomed in but I want to try it out and see if its really worth it.

After reading what you said I really dont think I would like the garden section. I thought it just meant garden view at first! lol

Now if I can just figure out which way to book.... AAA or no AAA free dining or room discount... Ugh Its so confusing right now.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #1416
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
Oh thanks you so much! I did read the info on the main page but that is so much easier to absorb for me.

I think the MK view. I really think the MK view would be so amazing. I am not sure how much you can really see and many pictures were just zoomed in but I want to try it out and see if its really worth it.

After reading what you said I really dont think I would like the garden section. I thought it just meant garden view at first! lol

Now if I can just figure out which way to book.... AAA or no AAA free dining or room discount... Ugh Its so confusing right now.
You're welcome and good luck with all your planning.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #1417
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Does anyone hapeen to have a pricelist for room service. I saw the menu but there are no prices. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #1418
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Contempo Cafe review has been added to the 1st page

I can not believe I never added this a lot earlier, so just now I added a review of the Contempo Cafe after it opened which was written by Jack Spence of Allearsnet.
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...orary_res.html
Old 07-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #1419
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

does anyone know the type of hairdrier/blowdrier in the room? Is it the type that fits into the wall, or is it more like the larger salon style ones that you plug in? We were there so long ago I can't rememeber!

Thanks!
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #1420
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
does anyone know the type of hairdrier/blowdrier in the room? Is it the type that fits into the wall, or is it more like the larger salon style ones that you plug in? We were there so long ago I can't rememeber!

Thanks!
I believe it's already pluged into the wall and you can then turn it on.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #1421
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
I blame Jaws

ok thanks, so the same tyoe that is in the values? I can't seem to find one on the wall in any bathroom pictures.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #1422
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post

Thanks!
Actually, it sits below the sinks on a shelf. It's a small black handheld one. You can barely see it in this pic. Look all the way down in the middle.

Aren't you leaving soon? Are you packed yet?

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
Old 07-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #1423
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by of the seas View Post
Actually, it sits below the sinks on a shelf. It's a small black handheld one. You can barely see it in this pic. Look all the way down in the middle.

I must have been thinking how it was before the room renovations or how other hotels have had it.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #1424
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
I blame Jaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by of the seas View Post

YAY! That is the type I was hoping for, so you can be free to plug it in anywhere...and they are more like the one I use at home.No, not packed yet...and we have to get DD packed up for school as well..Life has been chaotic...need to at least get our lists going. Since we only have the weekend it won't be too bad to pack for, do all our WDW stuff in carry ons, college stuff in the suitcases. Sure wish we had more time, but , excited to go!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #1425
Schrute Farms
Mouseketeer

Should I request MK or Bay Lake view from Atrium level? I can see both having pluses.

Also, can you walk to WL from CR?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: