Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:40 AM   #1396
teachallday
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC View Post
We left last Saturday and the splash area was opened already. The kids were having a ball playing in it.
That is fabulous news. Thanks for posting it. Now all I am waiting for is the Playground to open. Last I saw it was scheduled to re-open Sept. 1st. Unfortunately my trip is the beginning of August.

WDW 1975
WDW 1982 (Camp Grounds)
WDL 2006
WDW 2009 (Contemporary)
Old 07-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #1397
Jerry@dvcstore
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Excellent post and Review. Thank you.
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #1398
Jellomaker
Earning My Ears

Wonderful Pictures!!! You have made us even more excited - 24 days to Vaca!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #1399
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachallday View Post
That is fabulous news. Thanks for posting it. Now all I am waiting for is the Playground to open. Last I saw it was scheduled to re-open Sept. 1st. Unfortunately my trip is the beginning of August.
I know Allearsnet is reporting that the playground will re-open in September, however Intercot is reporting that it's re-opening on August 4, which is the same day Bay Lake Tower is opening. So I guess we will wait and see which site is correct.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #1400
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

How close are the garden wing rooms to the pool? For example can you see the pool from some of the garden wing rooms? Is it that close? Does anyone have any pictures of their garden rooms that show the proximity the the pool. TIA
Old 07-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #1401
Poly-Anna
Mouseketeer

Kids Splash Area Pictures

I'm dying to see any pictures of the newly opened Kids Splash Area. Anyone have any yet?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #1402
byejou
Mouseketeer

ME TOOO........I NEED PHOTOS, ANYONE

DL 88 CBR 96 CSR 98 BWV 05 Wonder 07 WDW/SW 07 Wonder 08 CR/Wonder 09
BCV/Dream 11 FW/AKV 12 : FW 12 Dream/OKW/VB 13 SSR 14 OKW/WLV 14 FW 15 Fantasy 15
Old 07-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #1403
NYC
Earning My Ears

Sorry didn't take any pictures! Our room was on the 12th floor and it overlooked the pool. From what I could see, the Garden Wing is very close to the pool. The traffic in the pool was very light except for a couple of days where there was more than 10 people during the afternoon hours. The hammocks and ping-pong table went unused most of the time.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #1404
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
How close are the garden wing rooms to the pool? For example can you see the pool from some of the garden wing rooms? Is it that close? Does anyone have any pictures of their garden rooms that show the proximity the the pool. TIA
I didn't have a pool view, but we were in the garden wing. Some rooms look over the pool area. Some are very close. THere's a lot of landscaping/trees, etc. so you may/may not be able to actually see the pool, but it is close.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #1405
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

I just upgraded us for our September trip to the Bay Lake view in the tower instead of the garden wing. I am super excited. Any special room requests I should make. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #1406
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
I just upgraded us for our September trip to the Bay Lake view in the tower instead of the garden wing. I am super excited. Any special room requests I should make. Thanks!
Congragulations on making that upgrade and as for special requests if you don't want beds that face Bay Lake Tower, request an odd numbered room. Also you should be able to see Epcot from there and have a far away view of Illuminations.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #1407
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Club Level tip #7

I just added Club Level tip #7 and here it is.

When my family and I arrived to check-in at the Contemporary in December 2008 one of the Cast Members from the Atrium Club floor was waiting downstairs for us, so when we arrived she took us up there to check-in and a few minutes later a bellman with our luggage came up there. Now that had never happened before during any of our previous Club Level stays because it was always us going up in the elevator with the bellman, unless they sent someone down there based on all our previous Atrium Club Level stays. So I have no idea if that will happen again on our future Atrium Club Level stays or if it will happen to anyone else with upcoming stays on the Atrium Club and Tower Club. The only time for sure when this happens is when a VIP is checking in for a Club Level stay, because one time while in the lobby we were speaking with one of the Club Level Cast Members and they said a VIP was arriving so she was waiting for him to arrive.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #1408
Craig-TMIP
ContemporaryResort.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I just added Club Level tip #7 and here it is.

When my family and I arrived to check-in at the Contemporary in December 2008 one of the Cast Members from the Atrium Club floor was waiting downstairs for us, so when we arrived she took us up there to check-in and a few minutes later a bellman with our luggage came up there. Now that had never happened before during any of our previous Club Level stays because it was always us going up in the elevator with the bellman, unless they sent someone down there based on all our previous Atrium Club Level stays. So I have no idea if that will happen again on our future Atrium Club Level stays or if it will happen to anyone else with upcoming stays on the Atrium Club and Tower Club. The only time for sure when this happens is when a VIP is checking in for a Club Level stay, because one time while in the lobby we were speaking with one of the Club Level Cast Members and they said a VIP was arriving so she was waiting for him to arrive.
my understanding is that when you are a concierge guest and tell the gatehouse your name, they are supposed to call ahead to the hotel so that a concierge can come down and meet you to take you up.
We have it happen hit and miss. I think it depends how busy they might be?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #1409
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-TMIP View Post
my understanding is that when you are a concierge guest and tell the gatehouse your name, they are supposed to call ahead to the hotel so that a concierge can come down and meet you to take you up.
We have it happen hit and miss. I think it depends how busy they might be?
Well in the past when they called up to the Atrium Club floor none of the Cast Members came down, so when one of them was there waiting for us last December that was a surprise.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #1410
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

TIP #12 Has just been added

I just added TIP #12 to the 1st page and here it is.

Because Bay Lake Tower has taken up a lot of parking spaces in the North parking lot, the Contemporary has taken out 2 - 3 rows of valet parking spots and turned them into self parking spots.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: