Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #886
bkowals25
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when the rates will be out for next year. I would like to book a room for January and would like to know what the rates will be.

Flights for January are running just under $200 from Minneapolis to Orlando, which is a great price. Might be the lowest since we have been doing our yearly trip to Disney starting in 2000.

Depending on the room cost we need to decide how many days and what view we want.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #887
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkowals25 View Post
Does anyone know when the rates will be out for next year. I would like to book a room for January and would like to know what the rates will be.

Flights for January are running just under $200 from Minneapolis to Orlando, which is a great price. Might be the lowest since we have been doing our yearly trip to Disney starting in 2000.

Depending on the room cost we need to decide how many days and what view we want.
I don't have an answer, however, you might get a quick answer from the "codes and rates" forum, here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #888
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkowals25 View Post

The rates for 2010 will be released sometime this August. However for now you can make a room only reservation for Janurary by calling WDW and they will charge you the highest rate possible. Now once the rates for 2010 are released WDW will then adjust your room rate depending on the time of year your staying there. Also should you want a package deal you need to wait until they are announced and that would also mean cancelling whatever room only reservation you have, since they can not transfer a room only reservation to a package deal.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #889
Leni-J
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the reply. I haven't had much luck finding a lot of info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I noticed that no one had responded to your query so I thought I'd bump it up a little in hopes that someone could offer their personal CR salon experience.

I've never personally used the salon, but this is some internet info. I found (though I can't attest to its accuracy!!):

Niki Bryan Spas runs the WDW spas (massages, etc...) and they seem to also affiliate themselves with the CR's beauty shop which is next door to the Olympiad gym where they give massages. This is the link to their website and CR info:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/contemporary_salon.asp

From a UK WDW website, I found this info. which shows some of the CR's salon services, but I don't know when this was last updated:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/salonprice.html

American Beauty Salon

Phone: (407) 824-3411
Hours: 9 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Salon & Barber Services:

Lady's Haircut $45+
Color $70+
Foil $25+

Shine Treatment $30

Braids
Full Head $100
Half Head $45

Lady's Shampoo & Set $45

Child's Haircut $22

Gentleman's Haircut $30

Spa Manicure $40

Spa Pedicure $50
Old 05-27-2009, 06:01 AM   #890
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leni-J View Post
Thanks so much for the reply. I haven't had much luck finding a lot of info on this.
You're welcome. The Niki Bryan spa site does list all the prices/services when you scroll down the page, and I assume they're up-to-date, but best to assume prices have gone up (like everything else at WDW).

Good luck and have a great vacation.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #891
Craig-TMIP
ContemporaryResort.net

Quote:
I noticed that no one had responded to your query so I thought I'd bump it up a little in hopes that someone could offer their personal CR salon experience.

I've never personally used the salon, but this is some internet info. I found (though I can't attest to its accuracy!!):

Niki Bryan Spas runs the WDW spas (massages, etc...) and they seem to also affiliate themselves with the CR's beauty shop which is next door to the Olympiad gym where they give massages. This is the link to their website and CR info:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/contemporary_salon.asp

From a UK WDW website, I found this info. which shows some of the CR's salon services, but I don't know when this was last updated:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/salonprice.html

American Beauty Salon

Phone: (407) 824-3411
Hours: 9 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Salon & Barber Services:

Lady's Haircut $45+
Color $70+
Foil $25+

Shine Treatment $30

Braids
Full Head $100
Half Head $45

Lady's Shampoo & Set $45

Child's Haircut $22

Gentleman's Haircut $30

Spa Manicure $40

Spa Pedicure $50
thanks for finding and sharing this info!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #892
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Hey All-
Jack Spence from AllEars posted some pics of a BLT Grand Villa. The views are absolutely amazing!!! Also included are a pic of the BLT pool and suffleboard courts
enjoy

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...ake_tower.html

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #893
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace510 View Post
Hey All-
Jack Spence from AllEars posted some pics of a BLT Grand Villa. The views are absolutely amazing!!! Also included are a pic of the BLT pool and suffleboard courts
enjoy

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...ake_tower.html
I read that earlier today and the Grand Villa looks amazing.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #894
WDWKOOK

It's also nice that Jack includes info. on the bus stops and lounge, which people have been asking about.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #895
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's also nice that Jack includes info. on the bus stops and lounge, which people have been asking about.
When it comes to the bus stop I think it's been obvious for a while that Bay Lake Tower guests would be using the one at the Contemporary, based on how the construction has gone. Plus since both are located so close to each other it wouldn't make sense to build a second bus stop.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #896
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
When it comes to the bus stop I think it's been obvious for a while that Bay Lake Tower guests would be using the one at the Contemporary, based on how the construction has gone. Plus since both are located so close to each other it wouldn't make sense to build a second bus stop.
True, but they still ask...

The lounge not being available to cash-paying reservations is interesting. With all the money those DVC owners paid, I think the least they can give them is exclusive access to that lounge.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #897
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The lounge not being available to cash-paying reservations is interesting. With all the money those DVC owners paid, I think the least they can give them is exclusive access to that lounge.
Agreed.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #898
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:

while i do partially agree... at the same time, its disney vacation CLUB. While yes, the points and the hotels are a big part of it, the members of the club need perks too. I think that by giving access to everyone, it would make the members angry, cause they pay quite a bit to be members... and the more perks the better. Because the main purpose of the resort is so it can be used by the members. So i believe that DVC is looking out for their members here

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #899
ddleffers
Earning My Ears

Lounge Access at BLT

I am actually pretty upset to see the note about the lounge. It was advertised as one of the amenities when I made my booking and was one of the things that convinced me to go with BLT. The CM that I spoke to at booking said that it would available to everyone, but possibly only once or twice per booking due to expected demand.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #900
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddleffers View Post
I am actually pretty upset to see the note about the lounge. It was advertised as one of the amenities when I made my booking and was one of the things that convinced me to go with BLT. The CM that I spoke to at booking said that it would available to everyone, but possibly only once or twice per booking due to expected demand.
I agree that it does sound weird that even if your not a DVC member staying at Bay Lake Tower you won't be allowed access it, because if your staying somewhere you would expect to have full access to all their amenities. However maybe this is only temporary and they just want to give DVC members staying there access to this lounge, since Bay Lake Tower is going to be brand new and everyone will want to go there and visit. So maybe in a few months anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower no matter if they are a DVC member or non member will have access to it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: