Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #871
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercook View Post
CR Resort Fan 4 Life and Katey

Thanks so much for the pool area info. I was really hoping it would be complete - I know my six year old DGS would enjoy the splash area. But that's OK, plenty enough other stuff to enjoy.
You're welcome.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #872
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I noticed that no one had responded to your query so I thought I'd bump it up a little in hopes that someone could offer their personal CR salon experience.

I've never personally used the salon, but this is some internet info. I found (though I can't attest to its accuracy!!):

Niki Bryan Spas runs the WDW spas (massages, etc...) and they seem to also affiliate themselves with the CR's beauty shop which is next door to the Olympiad gym where they give massages. This is the link to their website and CR info:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/contemporary_salon.asp

From a UK WDW website, I found this info. which shows some of the CR's salon services, but I don't know when this was last updated:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/salonprice.html

American Beauty Salon

Phone: (407) 824-3411
Hours: 9 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Salon & Barber Services:

Lady's Haircut $45+
Color $70+
Foil $25+

Shine Treatment $30

Braids
Full Head $100
Half Head $45

Lady's Shampoo & Set $45

Child's Haircut $22

Gentleman's Haircut $30

Spa Manicure $40

Spa Pedicure $50
I am going to add the two links you posted onto the 1st page.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #873
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Katey Thanks for posting your review! What a terrific upgrade...I am a big fan of the Bay Lake view from the tower rooms...just beautiful...

Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #874
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I am going to add the two links you posted onto the 1st page.
Glad the links can provide some relevant CR info. As to their being up-to-date, I don't have a clue, since I've never used the beauty salon and I didn't find any other price lists to compare them with. But, at least the links give you a rough idea of what they offer and cost - just assume the prices are going to be higher than listed!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #875
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad the links can provide some relevant CR info. As to their being up-to-date, I don't have a clue, since I've never used the beauty salon and I didn't find any other price lists to compare them with. But, at least the links give you a rough idea of what they offer and cost - just assume the prices are going to be higher than listed!
After the question about the Salon was posted I tried to find the information and then I would have added any links to the 1st page. However I could not find any websites, so it's great that you did.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #876
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

I am curious about these pool renovations and the children's splash area. Is this for the main building, or for the Bay Lake Tower? If it's for the main building/garden wing, what exactly are the renovations? Is there a children's pool already? Also, is there a playground for the kiddos at the CR?
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #877
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
I am curious about these pool renovations and the children's splash area. Is this for the main building, or for the Bay Lake Tower? If it's for the main building/garden wing, what exactly are the renovations? Is there a children's pool already? Also, is there a playground for the kiddos at the CR?
These renovations are for the Contemporary Tower and Garden Wing. Now I am not sure what they did to the pool but they are planting more plants and trees making it look more tropical and adding the kids splash play area. I don't believe there is a kids pool and the playground was taken away a long time ago.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #878
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

The little kiddie pool that used to be at the CR was next to the playground near the north garden wing...it has not been replaced...but the Bay Lake pool is not very deep...3ft in the center I think....

Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #879
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
The playground was removed (along with the tennis courts) in order to build BLT. There are conflicting reports on the re-opening date for both the tennis courts and playground: AllEars reports Sep. 1st and Intercot is reporting Aug. 4th which is concurrent with the BLT opening.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #880
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The playground was removed (along with the tennis courts) in order to build BLT. There are conflicting reports on the re-opening date for both the tennis courts and playground: AllEars reports Sep. 1st and Intercot is reporting Aug. 4th which is concurrent with the BLT opening.
I added a link from their site on the 1st page which is right under the link with the information from Allearsnet. I also said since both sites are reporting different re-opening dates we will have to wait and see which one is true.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #881
nemofans
DIS Veteran

So does that mean there will be a playground at some point again???

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 66 out of 85
Old 05-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #882
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I added a link from their site on the 1st page which is right under the link with the information from Allearsnet. I also said since both sites are reporting different re-opening dates we will have to wait and see which one is true.
Boy, that first page is a constant work in progress - the editing/amending fun never ends!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #883
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
If both those sites reported that the playground will re-open I assume it's true, because we don't have any proof to doubt that.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #884
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Boy, that first page is a constant work in progress - the editing/amending fun never ends!
I don't consider it work because it's something I enjoy doing.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #885
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post

So... either 9-1 or 8-4 it will re-open, unless it doesn't!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: