Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #856
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal273 View Post
Is this a good deal?
4 of us all Disney adults
7n CR Bay Lake view 8/17-8/24
Free Dinning
7day water parks and more
rnd trip airfare from PVD $5191.00
I was quoted this on southwest airlines website

TIA
It sounds good to me.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #857
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal273 View Post
Is this a good deal?
4 of us all Disney adults
7n CR Bay Lake view 8/17-8/24
Free Dinning
7day water parks and more
rnd trip airfare from PVD $5191.00
I was quoted this on southwest airlines website

TIA
I would try pricing it out on the Disney website separate just to see. Go under the "special offers" part of the website. You can always change your park tickets also-like if you don't want the water parks and more option. Then price just the airfare on the Southwest site.

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #858
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Hello, everyone! I am a frequent poster on the Poly boards and hopped over here for some info on our next trip. We just got back from the Poly 3 weeks ago and we loved the resort, especially being on the monorail line. I am thinking of going to WDW again next February, but it is peak season and I just don't think I can swing the Poly again this soon. I was wondering if anyone could offer some info on the Garden view wing....how far is it to walk from this wing to catch the monorail? The fireworks were a big deal for us at the Poly, and I was reading here that there is an observation deck on the 4th floor...does it get really crowded, or can you show up a few mins before the fireworks start and catch the fireworks? Is there anywhere else besides the CG to watch them from the CR? Any other advice you can offer about your experience in a garden view room...did you feel like you missed out by not staying in the tower? TIA for your help
I found the walk from the Garden Wing to the Tower to be 5 minutes or less. Yes it's true that on the 4th floor they have an observation deck to watch the fireworks, however I would say to get there at least 20 minutes before because they have two benches and if they are taken you need to stand up and watch them. Besides the 4th observation deck and the California Grill where you need an ADR to watch the fireworks, I would say another location to watch Wishes is from the parking lot. As for not staying in the Tower the only difference is seeing what's happening on the 4th floor, because all their rooms have the same design.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #859
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I found the walk from the Garden Wing to the Tower to be 5 minutes or less. Yes it's true that on the 4th floor they have an observation deck to watch the fireworks, however I would say to get there at least 20 minutes before because they have two benches and if they are taken you need to stand up and watch them. Besides the 4th observation deck and the California Grill where you need an ADR to watch the fireworks, I would say another location to watch Wishes is from the parking lot. As for not staying in the Tower the only difference is seeing what's happening on the 4th floor, because all their rooms have the same design.
Thank you for your quick response! The Garden Wing area looks nice, and it is close to the beach and pool which would be a bonus for us. If it's only about a five minute walk to the tower to catch the monorail, that sounds great...no different than our stay at the Poly or the walk from our room at the WL to the boat dock The CR sounds like a good choice for our next vacation. The Garden Wing is reasonably priced and has all the things we are looking for, and the rooms look really comfortable. I look forward to learning more about the CR and chatting with all of you!
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #860
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiesmum View Post
Thank you for your quick response! The Garden Wing area looks nice, and it is close to the beach and pool which would be a bonus for us. If it's only about a five minute walk to the tower to catch the monorail, that sounds great...no different than our stay at the Poly or the walk from our room at the WL to the boat dock The CR sounds like a good choice for our next vacation. The Garden Wing is reasonably priced and has all the things we are looking for, and the rooms look really comfortable. I look forward to learning more about the CR and chatting with all of you!
You're welcome and another plus about the Garden Wing when you compare it to the Longhouses at the Polynesian is that since there is only one way to get there you can not get lost. At the Polynesian depending on where your room is located you would have a longer walk to and from the Great Ceremonial House.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #861
nevercook
Have My Ears

Pool Area Renovation

Hi All,

Does anyone have a pool area renovation status? Estimated completion date? Hoping it will be completed when we arrive June 8th.

TIA

Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #862
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercook View Post
Hi All,

Does anyone have a pool area renovation status? Estimated completion date? Hoping it will be completed when we arrive June 8th.

TIA
The pool itself re-opened a few weeks ago, however they are still working on planting the trees and plants, along with building the kids splash play area. As for a completion date some people reported mid June and others reported it being later on, so we don't have a date set in stone.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #863
Katers
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I've been lurking on the site for months but decided it was time to post my trip report. I've just returned from my 7 night stay at the Contemporary. First let me me cover the bad part...the weather. Last weeks almost continous down pours bordered on tragic! But seriously, it was miserable to slush our way through the parks in ponchos and wet feet (especially for the five year old) but we made it work. And to be honest, it was probably for the best since the heat was not an issue (we were actually cold sometimes) and the crowds were fantastic up until Friday since that is when the weather began to improve and the Memorial day crowds showed up. Now let me tell you about the wonderful things that happened to us. First, we were booked in a garden wing, standard view room with my in-laws booked in an adjoining room. Upon arrival we discovered that my in-laws had been "randomly" upgraded to a tower, bay lake view room and since we were with them, we got upgraded too! What a treat! None of us had ever stayed at the Contemporary so we were floored by the view and the rooms! Let me say, the size of the Contemporary rooms are heaven to a family of five. We never felt cramped, which we are usually quite used to feeling in a hotel. I've made it clear to my DH that he is in financial trouble now because there is no way we will ever go to Disney and stay anywhere else. We ate at the Contempo Cafe several times and enjoyed everything we tried. The pool was a lot of fun for the kiddos (though the grown-ups found it very cold considering all the rain). PP asked about the status of the pool construction and I can report that there looks to be a lot left to finish in the splash area and the landscaping and not one bit of work was done last week because of the rain so I'm sure that will delay things a bit.

Now, I know this is a resort board but I have to also tell you the few other magical things that happened to us. First of all, we (both rooms) got a huge, solid chocolate mickey mouse figurine and a note from the front desk saying "most fun check-in of the day". This is more than likely the result of my lovely DH who is quite the charmer and people person. Also, on Friday, at Star Wars weekend at DHS, my 3 boys were picked to march in the Star Wars parade and were given light sabers to carry and keep afterwards. Lastly, in Japan at EPCOT, my DH bought me an oyster to pick to find a pearl...and the one I picked has two 6.5 mm pearls which we had set in a lovely ring!

Overall, it was the most magical trip to Disney we have ever had! The rain was definitely a big bummer but no vacation is ever perfect and since we had all that other pixie dust sprinkled on us, we figure the rain was the trade off! And like I said, it kept us cool, forced us to take a slower pace, and kept the crowds down. So who could complain! If anyone has questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them!

-Katey
Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #864
nevercook
Have My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The pool itself re-opened a few weeks ago, however they are still working on planting the trees and plants, along with building the kids splash play area. As for a completion date some people reported mid June and others reported it being later on, so we don't have a date set in stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katers View Post
Hi all! I've been lurking on the site for months but decided it was time to post my trip report. I've just returned from my 7 night stay at the Contemporary. First let me me cover the bad part...the weather. Last weeks almost continous down pours bordered on tragic! But seriously, it was miserable to slush our way through the parks in ponchos and wet feet (especially for the five year old) but we made it work. And to be honest, it was probably for the best since the heat was not an issue (we were actually cold sometimes) and the crowds were fantastic up until Friday since that is when the weather began to improve and the Memorial day crowds showed up. Now let me tell you about the wonderful things that happened to us. First, we were booked in a garden wing, standard view room with my in-laws booked in an adjoining room. Upon arrival we discovered that my in-laws had been "randomly" upgraded to a tower, bay lake view room and since we were with them, we got upgraded too! What a treat! None of us had ever stayed at the Contemporary so we were floored by the view and the rooms! Let me say, the size of the Contemporary rooms are heaven to a family of five. We never felt cramped, which we are usually quite used to feeling in a hotel. I've made it clear to my DH that he is in financial trouble now because there is no way we will ever go to Disney and stay anywhere else. We ate at the Contempo Cafe several times and enjoyed everything we tried. The pool was a lot of fun for the kiddos (though the grown-ups found it very cold considering all the rain). PP asked about the status of the pool construction and I can report that there looks to be a lot left to finish in the splash area and the landscaping and not one bit of work was done last week because of the rain so I'm sure that will delay things a bit.

Now, I know this is a resort board but I have to also tell you the few other magical things that happened to us. First of all, we (both rooms) got a huge, solid chocolate mickey mouse figurine and a note from the front desk saying "most fun check-in of the day". This is more than likely the result of my lovely DH who is quite the charmer and people person. Also, on Friday, at Star Wars weekend at DHS, my 3 boys were picked to march in the Star Wars parade and were given light sabers to carry and keep afterwards. Lastly, in Japan at EPCOT, my DH bought me an oyster to pick to find a pearl...and the one I picked has two 6.5 mm pearls which we had set in a lovely ring!

Overall, it was the most magical trip to Disney we have ever had! The rain was definitely a big bummer but no vacation is ever perfect and since we had all that other pixie dust sprinkled on us, we figure the rain was the trade off! And like I said, it kept us cool, forced us to take a slower pace, and kept the crowds down. So who could complain! If anyone has questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them!

-Katey
CR Resort Fan 4 Life and Katey

Thanks so much for the pool area info. I was really hoping it would be complete - I know my six year old DGS would enjoy the splash area. But that's OK, plenty enough other stuff to enjoy.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #865
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thanks, Katey for your great CR TR.

It's nice to read that despite the rain, you had a super visit and you'd return to the CR. Just curious, if you book the CR for your next visit, would you pay OOP to stay in the tower?

We go every August which is notorious for heavy rain (and the occasional TS thrown in for good measure). If you're dressed for the rain, it does make it much more tolerable. We wear Gore-Tex rain coats/hats, rubber Birkenstock sandals, & carry mini umbrellas and it makes a huge difference. I'm the whiner in the family, and after a while I do get tired of arriving to our table service dinner with wet feet/shorts (and usually I'm cold in the AC - even in Aug.) But, as you pointed out, it makes for cooler weather AND shorter lines, which is terrific. But, don't expect Test Track to ever be open.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #866
Katers
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;31990048]

It's nice to read that despite the rain, you had a super visit and you'd return to the CR. Just curious, if you book the CR for your next visit, would you pay OOP to stay in the tower?

QUOTE]

Yes, I would definitely pay OOP for a room in the tower! Once you go tower, you never go back!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #867
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leni-J View Post
Can anyone tell me about the salon at the Contemporary? My wife would like to get a full set of nails and pedicure while we're down there in September and I was wondering if this would be a good place to have that done or would she be better visiting somewhere like the Floridian or Saratoga Springs.
I noticed that no one had responded to your query so I thought I'd bump it up a little in hopes that someone could offer their personal CR salon experience.

I've never personally used the salon, but this is some internet info. I found (though I can't attest to its accuracy!!):

Niki Bryan Spas runs the WDW spas (massages, etc...) and they seem to also affiliate themselves with the CR's beauty shop which is next door to the Olympiad gym where they give massages. This is the link to their website and CR info:

http://www.relaxedyet.com/contemporary_salon.asp

From a UK WDW website, I found this info. which shows some of the CR's salon services, but I don't know when this was last updated:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/salonprice.html

American Beauty Salon

Phone: (407) 824-3411
Hours: 9 p.m. – 6 p.m.

Salon & Barber Services:

Lady's Haircut $45+
Color $70+
Foil $25+

Shine Treatment $30

Braids
Full Head $100
Half Head $45

Lady's Shampoo & Set $45

Child's Haircut $22

Gentleman's Haircut $30

Spa Manicure $40

Spa Pedicure $50
Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #868
WDWKOOK

[QUOTE=Katers;31990264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

QUOTE]

Yes, I would definitely pay OOP for a room in the tower! Once you go tower, you never go back!
Yes, we know the feeling!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #869
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great to hear you had a wonderful stay at CR!! IT's our favorite resort! We are staying at GF next month, but our winter trip is already booked at CR and I can't wait. The view and close proximity to MK is what draws us to CR.

I may have to quote you on the tower too
Mary

Last edited by Mary T in PA; 05-26-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #870
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

-Katey
Thanks for posting your review and congragulations on the upgrade.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: