Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #811
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thank you for sharing your CR TR. It was interesting to read a review of the Deluxe room, I don't remember seeing one before.

If you tried CC, what is your impression of it?
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #812
sheltonsluvdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for sharing your CR TR. It was interesting to read a review of the Deluxe room, I don't remember seeing one before.

If you tried CC, what is your impression of it?
You're welcome. Before planning this trip and spending time on the boards, I did not even know that there were deluxe rooms, so it's nice to be able to give my thanks and add my experience.

We did try CC and thought that is was just okay. The ordering process was kind of fun and the food came out quickly. I had a flatbread pepperoni pizza, my DH and parents had turkey sandwiches, and my son had the chicken nuggets. All were good, but nothing special. The muffins and cupcakes were pretty tasty though. I always love desserts. We also split a hamburger and fries one afternoon and thought the burger was a little better than at some of the places in the parks.
Dec 10-20, 2009 - Pop (free dining)Sept 2010-Pop(free dining) & AKL Kidani; May 2011-Pop FD; Jan 2012 POFQ(fd) & BLT

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #813
kmdintx
Earning My Ears

Jogging Trail at the CR

Is there a jogging trail somewhere around the CR? If so, does anybody know how many miles?

I'm not sure when I'll have time to run, but I'd like to take in some of the scenery and burn off a few DDP dinners at the same time.

Thanks,
Kim
Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #814
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdintx View Post
Is there a jogging trail somewhere around the CR? If so, does anybody know how many miles?

I'm not sure when I'll have time to run, but I'd like to take in some of the scenery and burn off a few DDP dinners at the same time.

Thanks,
Kim
Kim,

The jogging path begins on the brick pathway to the MK and continues past until the path ends, apx. 1.5 miles. However, you do have to stop to cross the street in between the CR and the MK walkway where there can by a lot of employee traffic in the AM. DH reports that the concrete path that goes around 7 Seas Lagoon (behind the buses) and ends where the EBP canal is is roped off (closed) before the park opens when he jogs. So he instead jogs from the garden wing parking lot to the employee parking lot and back around until he's done (about 30 mins./3 miles).

I prefer to go down to Olympiads gym on the 3rd floor when they open (0600) and use the treadmills and weights.

Happy jogging!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 05-20-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #815
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltonsluvdisney View Post
We returned a few days ago from a great week at the World and our first stay at the Contemporary. Prior to our trip, I had been reading a lot of bad reviews on the Contemporary, and I really wrestled with my decision on where to stay. The 4/3 deal allowed us the opportunity to try a deluxe Disney resort and I wanted to make sure that we made a good decision. Thanks to the information on these boards and the encouraging replies to my post regarding my concerns, we went ahead and decided to give the Contemporary a try. I am so glad that we did! We had a wonderful stay and would definitely go back again. We were booked in a garden wing deluxe room, we did not get an upgrade to the tower as others have recently posted, but were very pleased with the room and location. Our only request was for adjoining rooms with my parents, and we were hoping for rooms on the ground floor, we received both. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 and my parents’ room was ready, with ours to be ready around 3:00. We kind of knew what to expect in the deluxe room from seeing the pictures here on the board, but we were still surprised at how much bigger it was than the standard room. The extra large bathroom with two showers was wonderful and we did not have any trouble with the sinks. The big sitting area was great with a pullout sofa bed that my son and his cousin comfortably made use of a few nights. The king size bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. We had plenty of storage space; 4 drawers in the TV armoire, closets and drawers in entryway closets and cabinet space under counter nook in entryway for suitcases. We did not know that we received turn-down service with the deluxe room, so that was an extra nice touch for us, and made our stay even more special.

Some of the complaints that I had read about the Contemporary were: unfriendly staff, poor mousekeeping, ducks and droppings in the pools, no theme in the rooms, feeling isolated in the garden wing and slow transportation. We did not experience any of these issues. Every CM that we encountered was friendly and helpful, some more than others, but no one was ever rude to us. The mousekeepers did a great job; we had plenty of toiletries and towels everyday and a few towel animals. The mousekeepers were always friendly and I saw them around the halls at all times of the day, even late at night. We saw ducks around everywhere, but never in the pool, and the pool was always clean. (We loved the waterslide and beach area) I will agree that the décor in the rooms could be found at any hotel, but it was very upscale and relaxing. Exactly what you need when you come back to get refreshed. As far as a theme, you have the monorail going by your door, Chef Mickey’s and wonderful shops, a five minute walk to MK, and you pass through the Magic Kingdom entrance gates to get to the hotel. We felt no lack of Disney. Our location in the garden wing was great and did not feel isolated at all. We were a short stroll away from the tower and the lake, and the pool was right outside of our door. In fact the only complaint that we might have was that the construction fences were blocking our view of the pool area. We were hoping that the construction would be done by the time of our stay, but knew from posts here that it was not, so we were not disappointed. We only had small waits for the monorail, it was crowded at times, but not too bad. The walk to MK was easy and quick and very convenient. We rented a car, so we did not need the buses this trip.

Our other big concerns were the predicted crowd levels and of course the flu. We were surprised and super happy that the crowds were not bad at all. I think that they were better than during our trip last Sept and I would rate them at a 6 or 7 and not the 8’s and 9’s that were predicted. I planned out the trip with Ridemax and TGM plans, but we never really needed them. We knew from past experience and from the tour guides to get to the parks early and use fastpasses. This is what we did and we were able to ride everything we wanted to and to see all the shows that we had planned on. Last year at WDW my brother’s family and my son caught the nasty stomach bug going around, but everyone stayed pretty healthy this year. My mom and I came back with colds/sinus problems, but no fever, and definitely not the flu. Overall we had an excellent trip and can’t wait to go back again!

Here is a link to some photos of our stay:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US
Thanks for posting your trip report and for posting that link to all your photos, they look amazing.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #816
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Kim,
I also agree about going to the gym and it's actually located on the 3rd floor, not on the 2nd floor.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #817
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysuncat View Post
DF? You meant my FIANCE? No no, I meant that my finances (my money!) said otherwise. Goodness, don't give me a fiance! I have enough problems as it is! Besides, my greatest love (other than my daughter) is Mickey Mouse! And I can't make a move on him without upsetting Minnie, so there you go.

Well darn it about the computers, that seemed like a fun perk! I could drag my laptop with me, but I don't NEED to, other than checking in here to report on my stay. I work all day, every day from a computer (from home, yay!) and for me to go that long without one is .....strange. But maybe it's just what I need too, a vacation from computers as well. I think my phone will access DISboards, I don't mess with that feature on it much.
Upon re-checking your posting, it does say "finance" NOT "fiance!" I really hope my taking one letter away didn't cause any problems on the homefront.

You don't NEED a laptop with you? How would we all survive without them? We might miss something.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #818
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Kim,
I also agree about going to the gym and it's actually located on the 3rd floor, not on the 2nd floor.
Thanks - I had mixed it up with the laundry which is on the 2nd floor.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #819
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks - I had mixed it up with the laundry which is on the 2nd floor.
Don't worry about that, it was an honest mistake.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #820
angboys3
stuff and fluff

12 days out till Contemporary

Okay, does anyone have any last minute tips. I have read quite a bit of the other thread several months ago, but now I have forgotten it. Eek! I can't afford the time to wade through it again right now.

I know you can request microwaves but how about refrigerators? I don't think we would ever use microwave but refrig would be nice.

Any particular garden room locations we should request?

Should we check in on line or not? I have seen that some people do it, and some just wait till they get to the hotel.

I have I mentioned how excited I am? Our first stay at Contemporary, always a childhood dream of mine!

Dec 2006 Port Orleans, June 2008 Contemporary, Adult only trip to Universal 2010, Dec 2013 Offsite

Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #821
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by angboys3 View Post
Okay, does anyone have any last minute tips. I have read quite a bit of the other thread several months ago, but now I have forgotten it. Eek! I can't afford the time to wade through it again right now.

I know you can request microwaves but how about refrigerators? I don't think we would ever use microwave but refrig would be nice.

Should we check in on line or not? I have seen that some people do it, and some just wait till they get to the hotel.

I have I mentioned how excited I am? Our first stay at Contemporary, always a childhood dream of mine!
OK, take a deep breath, you're going to have a great time!

Each room already has a fridge.

If you'd like to be in a faster check-in line when you arrive, then go ahead and check-in online. However, if you need to request a room type, and you haven't already put it on your reservation, then DON'T check-in online because you can't make room requests.

For GV/GW definitely request: Bay Lake view/ground floor. But, again you CAN'T make any room location requests online. Call and have them place it in your reservation.

Don't forget about that walkway to the MK and give us a CR TR when you return!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #822
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angboys3 View Post

The advice said by WDWKOOK is great and the only thing I want to add is just to take things make sure you will have everything you need and to take your time. Finally have a great time because your going to Walt Disney World and staying at an amazing location.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #823
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Incorrect information on the WDW website about what is offered at the Contemporary

As we all know a few months ago Contemporary Cast Members took away the in room computers out of all the Contemporary rooms. However I was just on the WDW website and it's description of the Atrium Club Level they still list the in room computer as something which is included.

Quote:
Concierge service at the Atrium Club includes personalized Front Desk and Guest Services, turndown service and a lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert. Magic Kingdom View Rooms have 2 queen-size beds or one king-size bed, day bed, table, chairs and a large bathroom with private commode. All rooms are non-smoking. One wheelchair-accessible room is available. Amenities include a large flat-screen TV, desktop computer, in-room safe, voice mail, data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Located in the Tower Building, Concierge Magic Kingdom View Rooms offer views of a parking area and Magic Kingdom theme park.
The computers are also mentioned in the room descriptions for the Tower Magic Kingdom View, Tower Bay Lake View and the all Garden Wings rooms.

Quote:
All rooms have 2 queen-size beds or one king-size bed, day bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan and large bathroom with private commode. All rooms are non-smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include a large flat-screen TV, desktop computer, in-room safe, voice mail, data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Located in the Tower, Tower Magic Kingdom Rooms offer views of the parking area and Magic Kingdom theme park.
So for anyone who reads this and is planning a future reservation at the Contemporary no matter the room category, ignore the desktop computer feature because those are no longer available.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #824
WDWKOOK

Odd that they write: "Magic Kingdom view rooms have..." when BOTH MK and BL rooms offer the exact same room configuration in both the tower and GW (except GW deluxe). And, they don't even mention that the MK view is also of 7 Seas Lagoon, GF and Poly, they only mention parking lot and MK. I think the WDW website often confuses people more.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #825
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Odd that they write: "Magic Kingdom view rooms have..." when BOTH MK and BL rooms offer the exact same room configuration in both the tower and GW (except GW deluxe). And, they don't even mention that the MK view is also of 7 Seas Lagoon, GF and Poly, they only mention parking lot and MK. I think the WDW website often confuses people more.
I also noticed those things you mentioned and WDW should really take the time to update their site with the correct information.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: