Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #781
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Yea I checked there first.

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
Old 05-19-2009, 06:16 AM   #782
disneysuncat
Cat of the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I think you'll love your stay at the CR.

We're doing a split stay for 12 nts., too, but in Aug. You're going at a GREAT time: no crowds, cool weather, no hurricanes/TS, in-between holidays, but when everything is decorated for Christmas. We went once in the first week of December when our DD wasn't yet in school and that was my favorite time of the year.

Don't forget your TR, disneysuncat!
Thanks! I am very excited about it! I hope to do a trip report, but don't think I could be nearly as interesting and witty as the ones I read on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I thought free dining was ending on October 3rd, so how were you able to get it?
I got one of the elusvie pin codes that gives free dining through December 17. I received it the end of April, I think. That code is the reason we moved to December from our original October plans. That, and the lure of Christmas decorations!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #783
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

I feel like Im driving you guys nuts with questions, I like to be informed sorry.. anyway, I had read somewhere they have ihome alarm clocks where it has a ipod hook up, is this true and iof so does someone know if it charges your ipod??? I am bringing my iPod for my flights and wanted to know if I need to buy a home charger cuz I don't have one.Thanks

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #784
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
I feel like Im driving you guys nuts with questions, I like to be informed sorry.. anyway, I had read somewhere they have ihome alarm clocks where it has a ipod hook up, is this true and iof so does someone know if it charges your ipod??? I am bringing my iPod for my flights and wanted to know if I need to buy a home charger cuz I don't have one.Thanks
Yes and yes.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #785
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysuncat View Post
I got one of the elusvie pin codes that gives free dining through December 17. I received it the end of April, I think. That code is the reason we moved to December from our original October plans. That, and the lure of Christmas decorations!
Ah now I see so thanks for explaining it and congragulations on getting that very nice pin code.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #786
kristinebarboza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrajak View Post
Thanks so much for the great info on this thread. We just got back from a great week at the CR. We had a MK room on the 6th floor (odd number that I can't remember-so saw castle from bed) and I really can't say enough about the view. It was really, really worth it. I'll miss it.

We requested a microwave (great tip I picked up from this thread!!) and were lucky enough to get one. (We also had groceries delivered from Wegoshop which worked out great.) The sinks are annoying as some have said---we ended up "using" one and using the other as storage space for makeup and whatever. My only true complaint would be the shower--you had the choice of taking a shower in a mist, or just a direct dribble of water. Mousekeeping dropped off some "complimentary" items like a couple of toothbrushes, mouthwash and some gel burn salve. I don't know if everyone gets this stuff or not, but if you get burned or need a toothbrush I'm sure you can request those items.

Contempo Cafe was ok. I thought the food was better at two of the other resorts we stayed at (Poly and French Quarter--fab food when we were there!), but it was edible. Chef Mickey's was terrific.

Strangely, we never had to wait for a bus--my family thinks I have magical powers--so my review of the transportation is. The convenience of having the monorail in your building goes without saying. It was fantastic to leave MK and be back in your room so quickly.

Overall, I have to say I loved it. I picked the hotel because I though my son would really enjoy the novelty of the monorail going through the hotel, but my whole family ended up really enjoying it. I also love the Poly (and FQ actually), but I have to say that the convenience of staying in the tower and being steps away from food/shopping/monorail might beat it. I would stay again for sure!
hello
my name is kristine
i will be staying at the Contemporary Resort nov 28 - dec 2
this is my first time staying there
i see that you requested a microwave for your room and got
did you ask or did your travel agent do it
did you have a regular room or a club level room
i have the mk view
thanks
Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #787
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinebarboza View Post
hello did you have a regular room or a club level room
They had a regular room since they were on the 6th floor. The two Club Level floors in the Tower are the 12th and 14th floors.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #788
MNDisney2268
Mouseketeer

Wishes Music

So I have finally been able to catch up and have a list of tips written down for our first stay in October (MK View)

I read that on channel 18 that you can listen to the Wishes music. Does this also play Hallowishes on those party nights??

Loving the Mouse from Minnesota!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #789
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDisney2268 View Post
So I have finally been able to catch up and have a list of tips written down for our first stay in October (MK View)

I read that on channel 18 that you can listen to the Wishes music. Does this also play Hallowishes on those party nights??
I assume they do play the music for Hallowishes, because they played the music for Holliday Wishes during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #790
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

On page 52 of this thread, a PP reports in her TR that she heard it played on channel 20 and, I will assume that whatever music accompanies the fireworks is what is played on the TV.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #791
MNDisney2268
Mouseketeer

I just reread and looked at the first post, it is channel 19 (Whew). Sorry if I confused you guys!

I would also assume that they would play the corresponding music to whatever fireworks was on display, I was just wondering if anyone could confirm.

Also, I have been trying to upgrade (pay) to the atrium club level, do any of you have any other tricks other then me calling and asking pretty regularly?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!

Loving the Mouse from Minnesota!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #792
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, I have been trying to upgrade (pay) to the atrium club level, do any of you have any other tricks other then me calling and asking pretty regularly?
There are not any tricks because if they have rooms available no matter if it's the Magic Kingdom View or Bay Lake View then you should be able to stay up there. However if either view up there is sold out for your dates then you got to keep trying and hope that someone cancels a reservation they have up there.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #793
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would also assume that they would play the corresponding music to whatever fireworks was on display, I was just wondering if anyone could confirm.
Yes they should because I just said back in December during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, they were playing the music for Holiday Wishes.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #794
disneysuncat
Cat of the Sun

Well, I couldn't help myself. I added one more day to our reservation! (because MORE Disney is always good, right?)

Now we are 11/28-12/4 at ASMu, then 12/4-12/11 at Contemporary! (a 6/7 split, 13 nights!)

I'd just as soon have all 13 nights of the trip at the Contemporary, but my finances say stay the first part value. Especially since my initial check-in day is under HOLIDAY pricing!

One question, can you access the DISboards from the Contemporary in-room computer?

Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #795
WDWKOOK

Quote:
I just reread and looked at the first post, it is channel 19 (Whew). Sorry if I confused you guys!

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!
True - no tricks. However, if you are using a discount code of some kind, some have different availability than others, so you could try using a different code. You can also check online on the Disney website to see what availability is showing for your dates. If Atrium Club isn't showing then that won't be available no matter what.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: