Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #766
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by of the seas View Post
We'll be there 3 weeks from today! Can't wait! CL Atrium.

We decided to add on to our Boardwalk stay since Disney came out with such great discounts. Since this will be our last trip to Disney(apparently there is a whole other world out there that dh wants to explore) and this is the only monorail resort we have not stayed at, we're gonna try it out.

I like the fact that everything is under 1 roof. When we stayed at the WL last year, we were in the main building and I loved hearing everyone downstairs having fun in the Whispering Canyon and such.(not that it was loud or anything) So if I hear any noise from Chef Mickey's, that's great to me!
Have a great time and be sure to post your trip report when you get back home.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #767
disgrajak
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the great info on this thread. We just got back from a great week at the CR. We had a MK room on the 6th floor (odd number that I can't remember-so saw castle from bed) and I really can't say enough about the view. It was really, really worth it. I'll miss it.

We requested a microwave (great tip I picked up from this thread!!) and were lucky enough to get one. (We also had groceries delivered from Wegoshop which worked out great.) The sinks are annoying as some have said---we ended up "using" one and using the other as storage space for makeup and whatever. My only true complaint would be the shower--you had the choice of taking a shower in a mist, or just a direct dribble of water. Mousekeeping dropped off some "complimentary" items like a couple of toothbrushes, mouthwash and some gel burn salve. I don't know if everyone gets this stuff or not, but if you get burned or need a toothbrush I'm sure you can request those items.

Contempo Cafe was ok. I thought the food was better at two of the other resorts we stayed at (Poly and French Quarter--fab food when we were there!), but it was edible. Chef Mickey's was terrific.

Strangely, we never had to wait for a bus--my family thinks I have magical powers--so my review of the transportation is. The convenience of having the monorail in your building goes without saying. It was fantastic to leave MK and be back in your room so quickly.

Overall, I have to say I loved it. I picked the hotel because I though my son would really enjoy the novelty of the monorail going through the hotel, but my whole family ended up really enjoying it. I also love the Poly (and FQ actually), but I have to say that the convenience of staying in the tower and being steps away from food/shopping/monorail might beat it. I would stay again for sure!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #768
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrajak View Post
Thanks so much for the great info on this thread. We just got back from a great week at the CR. We had a MK room on the 6th floor (odd number that I can't remember-so saw castle from bed) and I really can't say enough about the view. It was really, really worth it. I'll miss it.

We requested a microwave (great tip I picked up from this thread!!) and were lucky enough to get one. (We also had groceries delivered from Wegoshop which worked out great.) The sinks are annoying as some have said---we ended up "using" one and using the other as storage space for makeup and whatever. My only true complaint would be the shower--you had the choice of taking a shower in a mist, or just a direct dribble of water. Mousekeeping dropped off some "complimentary" items like a couple of toothbrushes, mouthwash and some gel burn salve. I don't know if everyone gets this stuff or not, but if you get burned or need a toothbrush I'm sure you can request those items.

Contempo Cafe was ok. I thought the food was better at two of the other resorts we stayed at (Poly and French Quarter--fab food when we were there!), but it was edible. Chef Mickey's was terrific.

Strangely, we never had to wait for a bus--my family thinks I have magical powers--so my review of the transportation is. The convenience of having the monorail in your building goes without saying. It was fantastic to leave MK and be back in your room so quickly.

Overall, I have to say I loved it. I picked the hotel because I though my son would really enjoy the novelty of the monorail going through the hotel, but my whole family ended up really enjoying it. I also love the Poly (and FQ actually), but I have to say that the convenience of staying in the tower and being steps away from food/shopping/monorail might beat it. I would stay again for sure!
Thanks for posting your review and it's great you all enjoyed staying there.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #769
4rkdz
Earning My Ears

CR was great

Like Chapter 11, we also stayed at CR last week. We had a Tower MK view room (4745). We loved our stay. The view was terrific. We watched the MK fireworks from our balcony 5 out of our 7 nights while listening to the music on ch20 of our tv. I was pleasantly surprised that we had plenty of room for the 5 (mom, dad, 8,7,7) of us and our luggage. We lived out of 1 suitcase for the 2 7 yr olds but otherwise had enough drawer space. We got a gardengrocer delivery for breakfast items and had enough room for a couple half gallons of milk on the door and room for bottles of water inside. Gardengrocer did not have a delivery charge for a second delivery of water and gatorade. I agree that the bathroom sinks are pretty but not very practical. The room decor was very nice and housekeeping was good. Our main complaint was the bus system or lack thereof as we waited 40 minutes in 95 degree heat one day returning from Animal Kingdom. On 2 other occasions we waited 20 minutes for a monorail so Disney needs to work on the transportation. The Contempo Cafe was great for counter service meals. We ate breakfast and lunch there a couple times. We did Chef MIckey's for breakfast on our final day but I was not impressed. We like Crystal Palace and Garden Grill better. They are still doing construction around the pool but it does not limit any access or activity. We loved our stay.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #770
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

It's great to read all these Contemporary reviews today because it seems like a lot of Disboards members were just there, so 4rkdz thanks for posting your review.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #771
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rkdz View Post
Like Chapter 11, we also stayed at CR last week. We had a Tower MK view room (4745). We loved our stay. The view was terrific. We watched the MK fireworks from our balcony 5 out of our 7 nights while listening to the music on ch20 of our tv. I was pleasantly surprised that we had plenty of room for the 5 (mom, dad, 8,7,7) of us and our luggage. We lived out of 1 suitcase for the 2 7 yr olds but otherwise had enough drawer space. We got a gardengrocer delivery for breakfast items and had enough room for a couple half gallons of milk on the door and room for bottles of water inside. Gardengrocer did not have a delivery charge for a second delivery of water and gatorade. I agree that the bathroom sinks are pretty but not very practical. The room decor was very nice and housekeeping was good. Our main complaint was the bus system or lack thereof as we waited 40 minutes in 95 degree heat one day returning from Animal Kingdom. On 2 other occasions we waited 20 minutes for a monorail so Disney needs to work on the transportation. The Contempo Cafe was great for counter service meals. We ate breakfast and lunch there a couple times. We did Chef MIckey's for breakfast on our final day but I was not impressed. We like Crystal Palace and Garden Grill better. They are still doing construction around the pool but it does not limit any access or activity. We loved our stay.
hay, we were in 4732 last week!! we just got home sat. we only took the bus to studios and we didnt have to wait. we always stay at okw and it seems you wait there forever for an animal bus also. tuesday night, the monorail was packed and i think it was friday night the elevators were packed and had to wait forever. other than that, we had a great time. i taped the fireworks one night and i think my dw and i have watched them 4 times since we got home! it was amazing how far off the ground you are on the 11th floor, it didnt look that far when looking up. glad you had a great time!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #772
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

Wow! So many people just got back! I'm glad to hear everyone had fun and loved the CR!

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
Old 05-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #773
angboys3
stuff and fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Have you thought about taking one of buses from Epcot to any WDW Resort and then from there waiting for the Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon bus since they both share that same route. If your not planning on walking to World Showcase and since you will already be in Future World it's not a long walk from there to the Epcot bus station. Plus I think it would be faster then taking the Monorail to the TTC and then going back to the Contemporary and getting the bus from there.
Yeah, that's what I have been leaning towards it looks like Port Orleans French Quarter, Old Key West would be the closest ones so I guess whichever bus comes first.

Dec 2006 Port Orleans, June 2008 Contemporary, Adult only trip to Universal 2010, Dec 2013 Offsite

Old 05-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #774
disneysuncat
Cat of the Sun

After changing resorts and dates at least 30 times, we are finally doing a split stay. 6 nights All Star Music, 6 nights Contemporary! (or, as my daughter said "half & half!") For the Contemporary we've got the garden wing standard view, which I am sure will be fine. Oh, we also have free dining on both. Our dates are 11/28-12/4 ASMu, and then 12/4-12/10 Contemporary!

Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #775
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysuncat View Post
After changing resorts and dates at least 30 times, we are finally doing a split stay. 6 nights All Star Music, 6 nights Contemporary! (or, as my daughter said "half & half!") For the Contemporary we've got the garden wing standard view, which I am sure will be fine. Oh, we also have free dining on both. Our dates are 11/28-12/4 ASMu, and then 12/4-12/10 Contemporary!
I think you'll love your stay at the CR.

We're doing a split stay for 12 nts., too, but in Aug. You're going at a GREAT time: no crowds, cool weather, no hurricanes/TS, in-between holidays, but when everything is decorated for Christmas. We went once in the first week of December when our DD wasn't yet in school and that was my favorite time of the year.

Don't forget your TR, disneysuncat!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #776
3"Mouse"keteers
DIS Veteran

We leave on Saturday headed for CR and I'm so excited!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #777
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3"Mouse"keteers View Post
We leave on Saturday headed for CR and I'm so excited!!!!
Have a great time.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #778
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysuncat View Post
I thought free dining was ending on October 3rd, so how were you able to get it?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #779
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

I have really slow internet, are there any pictures on this thread of a standard room in the garden wing?? Or just a room with a Kings size bed?? What page its on?? Thanks
One More Thing ~ Happy to report as of today our Sept trip to CR is PAID IN FULL!!!!

On My Weight to Disney ~ weight loss blog
Old 05-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #780
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
I have really slow internet, are there any pictures on this thread of a standard room in the garden wing?? Or just a room with a Kings size bed?? What page its on?? Thanks
One More Thing ~ Happy to report as of today our Sept trip to CR is PAID IN FULL!!!!
Did you try looking at the Contemporary Photo thread? If not here is a link to it.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1747476
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: