Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #736
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome.

You can also hear the Wishes music played at O'hana and CA Grill and the CL lounges. (And, probably a GF restaurant, but I'm not familiar with which one).

You can hear the music for Wishes at Narcoosees...

Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #737
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allseas1586 View Post
You don't get access to both 12 and 14 with a "Tower Bay Lake View - Club Level", do you?
allseas You get lounge access to whatever club level that you are staying at...

14th floor tower club means you have access to that lounge

12th floor atrium club means you have access to the 12th floor lounge...

you dont get access to both lounges if you are staying club level...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #738
allseas1586
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
allseas You get lounge access to whatever club level that you are staying at...

14th floor tower club means you have access to that lounge

12th floor atrium club means you have access to the 12th floor lounge...

you dont get access to both lounges if you are staying club level...
That's what I thought, the wording in his post made me wonder, though. I haven't stayed on the 12th floor since they renovated, back then there was no lounge anyways.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #739
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

I am going to change the wording around on that tip. I assumed since it's explained that the 12th and 14th floors are different categories the floor you stay on is where you can watch the fireworks from, so my mistake.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #740
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLLB View Post
Just got back from a 5 night stay, Room 4119, Bay Lake View. We LOVED the resort. I wanted to say thanks for all of the great CR info I received. It sure made our stay perfect.

We loved how extremely quiet the resort was, I had expected a little noise because of the cavernous-like building but we heard nothing. The pool was excellent. Loved the movie on the beach and the incredible access to everything.

If I can be a little nit-picky, the following things were not so great: the hairdryer, lack of counter space in the bathroom (luckily, after reading this thread, I brought the over-the-door shoe organizer and hung it over the towel "ladder"), it was difficult to rinse out the sinks (they just don't seem to drain very well) and lastly, the Electric Light Pagaent is really loud.

As I said the last comments were being very picky. The resort was incredible and would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Thanks for posting that review and it's great you had a fun time staying there.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #741
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Club Level tip #2 has been updated

I updated Club Level tip #2 and here is now what it says.

If your staying in an Atrium Club - Bay Lake View and want to watch Wishes, go to the lounge on the 12th floor to watch them and they also pipe in the music over there. The same thing can be done for guests staying with a Bay Lake View on the Tower Club 14th floor and the music is also piped in up there.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM   #742
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

CR Fan Just wanted to let you know what a great job you are doing keeping this thread up to date!!! Thank You...

Old 05-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #743
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
CR Fan Just wanted to let you know what a great job you are doing keeping this thread up to date!!! Thank You...
You're welcome and I am happy to do it.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #744
kpmdjm
Mouseketeer

Last night my DH book the CR for out aug. trip. This was not on my list of places I wanted to stay but I guess he should get some say in the trip since I am in charge of everything else. I know nothing about the CR. what is the most important info I should know? also my hubby always insisits on a rent a car, and it has been very handy in past visits when stay at the Animal Kingdom Lode. Since we have the momorail at the CR do we need a rental car? Can you all give me some resons to talk him out of it.
thanks
kris
Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #745
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmdjm View Post
Last night my DH book the CR for out aug. trip. This was not on my list of places I wanted to stay but I guess he should get some say in the trip since I am in charge of everything else. I know nothing about the CR. what is the most important info I should know? also my hubby always insisits on a rent a car, and it has been very handy in past visits when stay at the Animal Kingdom Lode. Since we have the momorail at the CR do we need a rental car? Can you all give me some resons to talk him out of it.
thanks
kris
Well 1st of all what type of room category did he reserve? Besides that since there is so much great things about the Contemporary I would highly suggest to read the 1st page with all the information about it. Finally renting a car depends on each person. My family and I always have a car while at WDW so we can go shopping offsite, eat at restaurants not located in WDW and we also drive to Downtown Disney whenever going there.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #746
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks
kris
I have stayed at some WDW resorts where I WISHED I had a rental car SO badly...

CR is not one of them. I found the transportation to be adequate during my week there in April. It was not the best ever, particularly buses to DHS and AK, but it was tolerable.

The places I would NEVER stay at without a rental car again include:

-Wilderness Lodge
-Any Value Resort (although, it's debatable if I'd ever stay at a Value resort again, period!)

I would try to talk him out of it, unless he really doesn't care about spending the $$$$. It can be handy when going to Downtown Disney.

Remind him that for ADR's at resort restaurants NOT on the monorail line, you can WALK to the MK bus depot from the CR (it's approx. a 5 min walk) and from there, you can catch a bus to ANY WDW resort! It's a great perk that you can't really do from any other WDW resort. Sure does make getting around a lot easier.

Plus, the self parking at CR is all weird now. It's far away from the tower. All the "close" spots have been changed over to Valet, which costs $10/day. Otherwise, it's quite a hike out to the self parking spots--with the Bay Lake Tower construction, they "lost" some parking lot space, and BLT opens on August 4th, so with that, there will be increased traffic/extra cars, and that could cause more problems with parking space.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #747
kpmdjm
Mouseketeer

i believe he booked a bay lake tower room and we never go off site so the rental car would be only used in disney.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #748
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i believe he booked a bay lake tower room and we never go off site so the rental car would be only used in disney.
Thanks for the help.
Do you mean a Bay Lake View or Bay Lake Tower, because there are some differences. A Bay Lake View is a room inside the Contemporary Tower, where as Bay Lake Tower is the brand new Disney Vacation Club building and it will have a walkway to the 4th floor of the Contemporary Tower. With the exception of their rooms and their own pool area all the shops, restaurants and transportation will be at the Contemporary. So you should find out exactly what type of room your husband got a reservation for. Also despite it being a different building Bay Lake Tower guests will still need to check-in at the Contemporary lobby and from there walk over to Bay Lake Tower.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #749
angboys3
stuff and fluff

Riding to Typhoon Lagoon from Epcot

We are going to be spending the morning at Epcot Future World then going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.

Does anyone know if we should take Monorail back to TTC and pick up a Typhoon Lagoon bus there (do they come there?) Or just take the resort monorail back to Contemporary and get a bus to Typhoon Lagoon from there?

Dec 2006 Port Orleans, June 2008 Contemporary, Adult only trip to Universal 2010, Dec 2013 Offsite

Old 05-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #750
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by angboys3 View Post
We are going to be spending the morning at Epcot Future World then going directly to Typhoon Lagoon.

Does anyone know if we should take Monorail back to TTC and pick up a Typhoon Lagoon bus there (do they come there?) Or just take the resort monorail back to Contemporary and get a bus to Typhoon Lagoon from there?
No. There are much easier and quicker ways. I don't know if they come to Epcot. They just might because it shares a bus with Animal Kingdom? (I know it shares a bus with something). So you could get on that bus. Or you could walk out of the international gateway exit in World Showcase, make the quick trek to the closest Epcot resort, and take the appropriate bus from there

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: