Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #646
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispaul View Post
You can actually see it pretty easily from the balconies on the Bay Lake side of the tower. You can also see the Swan & Dolphin, Downtown Disney (including the new Characters in Flight balloon) and the Wilderness Lodge. Oh, and you can see the Tree of Life @ AK, but it's a little harder to spot than the others...
Because the rest of the information you posted is very good I am going to add it to the 1st page with the room tips and give you the credit for posting it.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #647
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
hey everyone, just about to leave for the airport hotel.
i'll be at the Contemporary resort tomorrow night.
will take lots of pics and let you know about my trip when i get back.
Have a nice trip.

Do you think it's stressful to sleep at the airport and be sure not to forget anything before you leave?

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #648
Finally08
DIS Veteran

You can see all kinds of things from the Bay Lake View.

Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 05-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #649
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thanks for my favorite CR tower view! It's so strange seeing that balloon...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #650
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
After reading what you said how the DVC Resorts have these great shops with more items it's a little weird that the Fantasia Market was not built inside Bay Lake Tower, since the Contemporary is not a DVC Resort. I didn't think the Sundries store needed to be changed, however it does look a lot better from the pictures I have seen and I like the name change since it's now located by the huge Fantasia store. Although I guess with the renovations to the 4th floor they thought it was time for a change and they must realize with the walkway from Bay Lake Tower to the 4th floor it won't be so hard for Bay Lake Tower guests to go there and purchase anything they would need.
Every WDW resort with a DVC attached to it has an "expanded" grocery/sundry section in their gift shop. Beach Club Marketplace, WL Mercantile, BW General Store, etc. All of these gift shops have freezer sections that sell everything from ice cream to frozen dinners. They also sell entire loaves of bread, full sized boxes of cereal and gallon sizes of milk as well as 1/2 gallons of juice. The "stand alone" DVC's (Old Key West, Saratoga Springs) obviously have their stores attached.

There is no reason to build a separate store inside the DVC buildings, if there is already a store in the WDW resort that the DVC is attached to. All they have to do is add some extra refrigerator/freezer space and some more shelves. The added bonus is that the resort guests in these hotels can also have easy access to these grocery/sundry items as well. It's a win win.

And, just for the record, as of August 4th, the Contemporary WILL be a DVC resort. They just did the renovation of Fantasia Market a bit ahead of schedule, that's all.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #651
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
Every WDW resort with a DVC attached to it has an "expanded" grocery/sundry section in their gift shop. Beach Club Marketplace, WL Mercantile, BW General Store, etc. All of these gift shops have freezer sections that sell everything from ice cream to frozen dinners. They also sell entire loaves of bread, full sized boxes of cereal and gallon sizes of milk as well as 1/2 gallons of juice. The "stand alone" DVC's (Old Key West, Saratoga Springs) obviously have their stores attached.

There is no reason to build a separate store inside the DVC buildings, if there is already a store in the WDW resort that the DVC is attached to. All they have to do is add some extra refrigerator/freezer space and some more shelves. The added bonus is that the resort guests in these hotels can also have easy access to these grocery/sundry items as well. It's a win win.

And, just for the record, as of August 4th, the Contemporary WILL be a DVC resort. They just did the renovation of Fantasia Market a bit ahead of schedule, that's all.
I just thought since Bay Lake Tower is techincally a stand alone building, despite their walkway to the 4th floor it would make more sense to build it there. However I do agree that is great for Contemporary guests who can also have easy access to the Fantasia Market, so it is a win win situation.

Alhough since the Sundries store was there along time before Bay Lake Tower and the need to renovate it to accomodate the extra foods and etc, it wouldn't be fair to not keep it in the Tower on the 4th floor. So if someone has had many stays at the Contemporary it's something they have come to use to having. Anyway the more I think about it moving the store to Bay Lake Tower would not be fair because Contemporary guests won't have access to the walkway which goes there, so they would need to enter the main entrance making it harder to get there.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 05-13-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #652
MPHARJ
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to let everyone know I had inquired with IPO about a cabana rental and the prices are higher than those listed in the link on the first page. They are now $100 for a half day and $185 for a full day.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #653
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Because the rest of the information you posted is very good I am going to add it to the 1st page with the room tips and give you the credit for posting it.
Aw, thanks, CR Fan! You can also see a bunch of high-rises straight across Bay Lake, off in the distance (I'm not sure if that's downtown Orlando, the convention area or something else, but I'm sure someone else can answer that for us)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
You can see all kinds of things from the Bay Lake View.

Out of curiosity, what floor are those pics taken from? We had a room on the 9th floor on our recent trip, and from our vantage point, we were able to view most of Spaceship Earth and nearly all the Swan & Dolphin. However, the one day that we were on the 4th floor, we couldn't see ANY of those landmarks, since we were too low.

So obviously, the higher up you are, the more you'll see off in the distance.

As a matter of fact, the view from our 9th floor balcony (toward Epcot & Downtown Disney) kind of reminded me of the view we had from the top of the Wilderness Lodge when we were Flag Family.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #654
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHARJ View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know I had inquired with IPO about a cabana rental and the prices are higher than those listed in the link on the first page. They are now $100 for a half day and $185 for a full day.
Yeah, they've actually been that price since the cabanas became available at the CR. The old price was for the original ones at the Grand Floridian, and they've increased to the new rate as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #655
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw, thanks, CR Fan! You can also see a bunch of high-rises straight across Bay Lake, off in the distance (I'm not sure if that's downtown Orlando, the convention area or something else, but I'm sure someone else can answer that for us)...
You're welcome and I believe if you look straight across you can see one of the hotels on International Drive. I don't remember the name of it, however whenever we drive past it I know which one it is.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #656
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Hi, I have an all important question... where can I find the homemade potato chips I heard about?

edited to answer my own question: at the Contempo Cafe

Last edited by tinkerbellmagic; 05-13-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: found answer
Old 05-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #657
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Out of curiosity, what floor are those pics taken from? We had a room on the 9th floor on our recent trip, and from our vantage point, we were able to view most of Spaceship Earth and nearly all the Swan & Dolphin. However, the one day that we were on the 4th floor, we couldn't see ANY of those landmarks, since we were too low.

So obviously, the higher up you are, the more you'll see off in the distance.

As a matter of fact, the view from our 9th floor balcony (toward Epcot & Downtown Disney) kind of reminded me of the view we had from the top of the Wilderness Lodge when we were Flag Family.

We were on the 7th floor in the verrrry last room all the way by BLT.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 AM   #658
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHARJ View Post
This is from an email from a CR/IPO:

..."We now offer pool cabanas at the Contemporary resort exclusively for Contemporary Resort Guests. Four hour rentals (10 am to 2 pm - morning or 3 pm to 7 pm - afternoon) are $100 plus tax per session, or you may rent a full day (7 hours
continuous) for $185 plus tax. Rentals include chairs and lounges,
towels, complimentary sodas and water, complimentary fruit basket, 32
inch LCD television, DVD player on request, and iPod docking station."
Old 05-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #659
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This is from an email from a CR/IPO:

..."We now offer pool cabanas at the Contemporary resort exclusively for Contemporary Resort Guests. Four hour rentals (10 am to 2 pm - morning or 3 pm to 7 pm - afternoon) are $100 plus tax per session, or you may rent a full day (7 hours
continuous) for $185 plus tax. Rentals include chairs and lounges,
towels, complimentary sodas and water, complimentary fruit basket, 32
inch LCD television, DVD player on request, and iPod docking station."

WDWKOOK Its the same as at the GF...the price increase is recent...they have cabana attendants there too that are so helpful...what a relaxing way to spend the day at the pool and feel a little pampered too... I highly recommend this on a down day...so nice!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #660
3"Mouse"keteers
DIS Veteran

We'll be at Contemporary in 10 days! Does anyone know how many days out they do the room assignments? Also, does anyone have a fax number where I can fax my room requests to and do you think it helps to do that as well as have them noted on reservation? We did both with our stay at Pop last fall and we got exactly what we requested!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: