Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #616
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Finally08, those are beautifully clear pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Could you tell if the walkway to BLT now has glass installed?

Will the sides of it be completely enclosed? If so...then no it wasn't finished. The roof was done, and the sides were up to about halfway but above that it was open. But I didn't know if it was supposed to be an open walkway like that or not.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #617
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08 View Post
Will the sides of it be completely enclosed? If so...then no it wasn't finished. The roof was done, and the sides were up to about halfway but above that it was open. But I didn't know if it was supposed to be an open walkway like that or not.
I don't know either although it would seem quite dangerous to me if the walkway was not fully enclosed.

I've seen other recent pictures that appeared to have something in the upper part of the walls. And some have posted about it having smoked glass. To me the other pictures looked like it might be glassed that was being treated. Who knows.

Do you remember roughly which day you took those? Webmaster Doc posted some last weekend and I think the glass was in those pictures. Off to look!
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #618
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Here are Webmaster Doc's pictures:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2171994

As you can see, the part of the walkway closest to BLT looks either clear or unfinished while the portion near the CR looks like it's being treated to me.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #619
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

From what I have seen in person and in pictures it looks like that the walkway will be fully enclosed, which would good for everyones safety when it rains. Also it looks like they built it so no one would stand in there to watch Wishes, which is also another good idea.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #620
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Do you remember roughly which day you took those? Webmaster Doc posted some last weekend and I think the glass was in those pictures. Off to look!
Those were probably taken last Monday or Tuesday. Of all the work I saw being done over there I never saw anyone in that area, but then we didn't hang on the balcony a whole lot.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Old 05-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #621
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hello all...
I'm about to make a rez for the CR in August and I'm so excited I can't stand it! I've never stayed at one of the MK Monorail hotels and I'm over the moon about it. I do have a couple of questions that I'd be more than grateful to get answered....here we go.

1. We're booking a Theme Park View. Is there anything I can request to get the best room possible?

2. This might sound shallow, but there seem to be two types of beds/headboards. There's this one...

and this one...

I would desperately like the second bed/headboard type. I'm choosing CR over GF and Polynesian for the rooms and I love those horizontal suede panels above the beds in the second picture. I'd be heartbroken if I didn't get that type of room. Is there any way to guarantee this?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #622
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hello all...
I'm about to make a rez for the CR in August and I'm so excited I can't stand it! I've never stayed at one of the MK Monorail hotels and I'm over the moon about it. I do have a couple of questions that I'd be more than grateful to get answered....here we go.

1. We're booking a Theme Park View. Is there anything I can request to get the best room possible?

2. This might sound shallow, but there seem to be two types of beds/headboards. There's this one...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...7/SANY1419.jpg

and this one...
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...5htYkVw_ph.jpg

I would desperately like the second bed/headboard type. I'm choosing CR over GF and Polynesian for the rooms and I love those horizontal suede panels above the beds in the second picture. I'd be heartbroken if I didn't get that type of room. Is there any way to guarantee this?

If you want to stay as high as possible request a room on the 11th floor, because it's the highest non Club Level floor in the Tower. Personally I believe the Magic Kingdom Views are all the same no matter the floor, so it depends on who you ask about that.

Also you will be getting the second bed/headboard type, because the one in the 1st picture is for the Tower Club Level rooms on the 14th floor.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #623
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hello all...

to the CR! I think you'll love it.

The only thing I can think of that you could add to your request is "an odd numbered room." This will allow you to face the MK/castle while in bed. If you're sensitive to Chef Mickey noises, you could also request to be as far from CM as possible; that's what we always request.

CR Fan is absolutely right on the headboards. We love the decor of the rooms. Some feel it isn't themed enough, but we love the soft, Asian/modern theming.

Here is a link to a CR site you might enjoy:

www.baylaketower.net - choose "CR Main Gallery."

Have fun with your planning.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #624
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Ok, here's some photos I have uploaded now...]
for transporting me to the CR a few months early!

Did you eat at the Contempo? What did you think of it? Did you ever have breakfast at the Wave?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #625
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Did you eat at the Contempo? What did you think of it? Did you ever have breakfast at the Wave?

Oooh!! Good questions! I wanna know too!!

Hey CR Fan, check our my snazzy new logo Here come the hawks, the mighty Blackhawks....
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #626
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
for transporting me to the CR a few months early!

We didn't try the Wave since it was a TS and all of our credits for that on the DDP were already planned for. We did grab a lunch and a couple breakfasts at Contempo. Lunch was good...I did not like the options for breakfast, but then again I don't usually like restaurant style breakfasts. I wish there had been an option for more kid friendly things like plain bread and pancakes (they did have waffles). Also dd really missed her donuts...those are usually her breakfast staple at Disney, and they had fancier pastries. I will admit I liked how Pop had tons of quick grab stuff to choose from in their food court...it was almost like a little mini grocery store there. CR seemed to have little selections like that...it was all about the nicer sit down restaurants which just don't work for everyone all of the time.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #627
WDWKOOK

Quote:
We didn't try the Wave since it was a TS and all of our credits for that on the DDP were already planned for. We did grab a lunch and a couple breakfasts at Contempo. Lunch was good...I did not like the options for breakfast, but then again I don't usually like restaurant style breakfasts. I wish there had been an option for more kid friendly things like plain bread and pancakes (they did have waffles). Also dd really missed her donuts...those are usually her breakfast staple at Disney, and they had fancier pastries. I will admit I liked how Pop had tons of quick grab stuff to choose from in their food court...it was almost like a little mini grocery store there. CR seemed to have little selections like that...it was all about the nicer sit down restaurants which just don't work for everyone all of the time.
Do you *need* to upgrade to CL next time for all those donuts?!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #628
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you *need* to upgrade to CL next time for all those donuts?!
Wait a minute...were they hogging them all up there???

My dh's brother and his family were at WDW the same time as us but stayed in another resort. The morning they came in for Chef Mickey's I made them bring us a donut back from the buffet and I can't tell you how thrilled my dd was. The child eats next to nothing, so anything she will eat makes me happy.
We actually fed ourselves most morning on cereal and sandwiches.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #629
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Hey CR Fan, check our my snazzy new logo Here come the hawks, the mighty Blackhawks....
Well I am happy the Blackhawks won because I don't like the Canucks. Anyway back on topic about the Contemporary.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #630
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you happen to notice if the brand new Fantasia Market was selling more foods then they use to as the Sundries store or do you think that will happen once Bay Lake Tower opens?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: