Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #3361
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Originally Posted by tinkerbell60
Have a great trip!! I would be curious about the locks on the sliders in the tower. Does it have a lock at the top? DD16 has been sleepwalking, and I do worry a bit with those balconies.

Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Since you asked...

The Olympiad gym was closed for awhile for a rehab and was supposed to have re-opened recently. I would love to see a photo!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by lissiesmum
I was reading on another thread about someone who asked about the CR campfire, and I was wondering the same thing myself. DD and I attended the one at the GF last April and it was one of the highlights of our trip! We roasted marshmallows, and instead of a singalong, they played some great music and had all the kids dancing on the beach, including the line dances like the YMCA etc. I was hoping the CR also had this. I remember reading something awhile back about the CR having a campfire and singalong, but no one mentions it. (and I'm not talking about the one over at Fort Wilderness with CHip and Dale). If you are going in the near future, could you check this out, and let me know what time the festivities begin? It was so much fun at the GF, I'm hoping to continue the tradition at the CR

We are here and having a great time!!!

To answer your question about the locks, there are 2 on the door, one about a foot from the top and one on the handle. I have attached pictures.

There isn't any campfire here at the CR but they do show movies on the beach.

I have also attached pictures of the gym. Excuse the picture of my husband in the mirror taking the picture

Hopefully this answers all your questions

Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #3362
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
That is Bay Lake. The other is MK view Atrium Club.
Thanks for clarifying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60
Have a great trip!! I would be curious about the locks on the sliders in the tower. Does it have a lock at the top? DD16 has been sleepwalking, and I do worry a bit with those balconies.

Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Since you asked...

The Olympiad gym was closed for awhile for a rehab and was supposed to have re-opened recently. I would love to see a photo!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by lissiesmum
I was reading on another thread about someone who asked about the CR campfire, and I was wondering the same thing myself. DD and I attended the one at the GF last April and it was one of the highlights of our trip! We roasted marshmallows, and instead of a singalong, they played some great music and had all the kids dancing on the beach, including the line dances like the YMCA etc. I was hoping the CR also had this. I remember reading something awhile back about the CR having a campfire and singalong, but no one mentions it. (and I'm not talking about the one over at Fort Wilderness with CHip and Dale). If you are going in the near future, could you check this out, and let me know what time the festivities begin? It was so much fun at the GF, I'm hoping to continue the tradition at the CR

We are here and having a great time!!!

To answer your question about the locks, there are 2 on the door, one about a foot from the top and one on the handle. I have attached pictures.

There isn't any campfire here at the CR but they do show movies on the beach.

I have also attached pictures of the gym. Excuse the picture of my husband in the mirror taking the picture

Hopefully this answers all your questions

Thanks so much for posting the pictures and checking on these things while on your vacation!! It is great appreciated. Have a great time!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 AM   #3363
valenrandy
From Astroworld to Disneyworld

Something i just thought of. During summer, at what time does the water parade pass by on the 7 seas lagoon side of the tower? Or will we have to go to the beach on the bay lake side? I know it passes infront of MK right asft6er wishes then goes to GF then poly then?????? I think thats how it was.

thanks!
July 2004 WDW offsite-July 2006 WDW offsite-Oct 2006 WDW offsite-Jan 2007 WDW Pop-April 2007 DLR HoJo's-July 2007 WDW Pop Century-Sept 2007 DLR HoJo's-Oct 2007 WDW AS Sports-Dec 2007 WDW Pop Century-Feb 2008 DLR PPH-May 2008 WDW PopCentury-July 2008 WDW POFQ Aug 2008 DLR DLH- Oct 2008 WDW POR- May 2009 WDW Pop- Oct 2009 WDW ASports- Dec 2009 WDW POR- May 2010 DLR @ DLH- July 2010 WDW CR MKV-Sept 2010 CR+MKV July 2011 WDW CR-MKV-Sept 2011 AllStarSports- Dec 2011 WDW Poly CL-Feb 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge- Sept 2012 WDW AllStarSports - Nov 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2012 WDW Walt Disney Dolphin :-D
On the radar:
XMAS @ WDW for the WIN!!!!Swan&Dolphin!!!!

mmkk Boo'd me!
woohoo:
Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #3364
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I asked this in an earlier post, but it was buried in my post and may have gotten missed. With my package I booked, I got 1 Spa voucher. My wife doesn't know about it so I was going to surprise her with it. Does anyone know what is all included? It's itemized on my vacation details along with the standard Planet Hollywood Voucher, Mini Golf Voucher, etc....
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #3365
tinkerdee
Mouseketeer

The water parade goes by the Contemporary at 10:05pm.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #3366
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thank You!

Leafsgirl36 (and Mr. Leafsgirl36):

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the Olympiad gym; it looks so empty (people-wise). I feel like some treadmills are missing.

Where exactly is it located now?

Hope you're having a great vacation. We've been busy shoveling out from record snow here in VA.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #3367
maelcu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
I asked this in an earlier post, but it was buried in my post and may have gotten missed. With my package I booked, I got 1 Spa voucher. My wife doesn't know about it so I was going to surprise her with it. Does anyone know what is all included? It's itemized on my vacation details along with the standard Planet Hollywood Voucher, Mini Golf Voucher, etc....
this is from mousesaver about the spa voucher
Niki Bryan Spa Discount - 15% off the regular price of any body treatment or water therapy at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. (Massage, facial and hand and food treatments excluded. Age restrictions apply.)
Old 02-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #3368
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

So it's only a discount voucher? There's no description in my itemized package description. They make it sound like it's a free spa treatment (massage) or something like that. Thanks for looking that up for me.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #3369
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the Olympiad gym; it looks so empty (people-wise).
Ditto on the pictures!!! Glad to see each elliptical has it's own TV!!! Can't wait to check it out!!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #3370
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
That is Bay Lake. The other is MK view Atrium Club.
Maybe WDW should change the wording to say Bay Lake View so people don't get confused thinking they don't have either specific view reserved.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #3371
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Leafsgirl36,
Thanks for posting those pictures and I hope your having a great time.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #3372
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the Olympiad gym; it looks so empty (people-wise). I feel like some treadmills are missing.

Where exactly is it located now?

Hope you're having a great vacation. We've been busy shoveling out from record snow here in VA.
Our vacation is going wonderful....having a blast!!!! My husband said he took pictures of all the treadmills,the only thing he didn't take a picture of was all the bikes as there were a couple of people on the bikes. The gym is on the 3rd floor.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #3373
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Leafsgirl36,
Thanks for posting those pictures and I hope your having a great time.
Your welcome....we are having a blast...took a ton of pictures. If there is anything else you want to see pictures of we are leaving tomorrow so I will need to know before then.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #3374
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
Your welcome....we are having a blast...took a ton of pictures. If there is anything else you want to see pictures of we are leaving tomorrow so I will need to know before then.
I actually have a question for you. Have you had any problems with the Monorails because this past December there were three seperate problems my family and I encountered with the Resort Monorail, so just wondering how your experience with them have been?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #3375
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I actually have a question for you. Have you had any problems with the Monorails because this past December there were three seperate problems my family and I encountered with the Resort Monorail, so just wondering how your experience with them have been?
We haven't encountered any problems with the monorails at all. They have been running steady since we have been here and we used them everytime we went out.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: