Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #3331
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
what time does the resort monorail start in the morning?
7:00 am.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #3332
funforfive
Mouseketeer

Can you get a whole pizza at the Contempo Cafe? Can you use CS meal credits? TIA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #3333
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funforfive View Post
Can you get a whole pizza at the Contempo Cafe? Can you use CS meal credits? TIA
They don't sell a whole Pizza, instead they have Cheese and Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza. However you can use CS credits there and if you really wanted a whole Pizza you can take the Monorail to the Grand Floridian and get one from Gasparilla's Grill & Games, which is their counter service location and you can also use your CS credits there.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #3334
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Hi guys,
Had posted this in the cake chatter but thought I might give here a try. Have searched for an answer with no luck. Sorry if this has been covered already. Have been loitering on this thread for some time now!
So...We arrive on Feb 26th. It's my daughter's birthday on March 2nd and I'd really like a cake for her that morning. I've tried being transfered to Contemporary and have spoken to someone in the bakery and private dining, but although very helpful, they said it was too early to order and they didn't have an e-mail for the bakery. There's only 3 weeks to go and I know others have ordered cakes before. I have made a drawing of the cake idea I have and I'd like to connect via e-mail with the bakery, as I know others have. Any idea what to say to get someone to pass the e-mail on to me?
I appreciate your time, Anita
Old 02-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #3335
kerri0616
DIS Veteran

Question about the cool bridge connecting CR and BLT

Sorry...I will get around to reading all hundreds of pages of this thread (I think i'm on page 20 something!)

So, can I just ask this even though I'm sure it's somewhere on this thread?

Can CR guests walk across the cool bridge connecting the 2 resorts, or is it just for BLT guests?

Thanks for all your knowledge!

K
Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #3336
mamasha
Mouseketeer

crib in the room

Hi,
If I request a crib, would it take up a ton of space in the room?
Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #3337
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasha View Post
Hi,
If I request a crib, would it take up a ton of space in the room?
Thanks
The rooms are some of the biggest on Disney property and the crib is just a pack and play so no I don't think it takes up too much space but I havent done it myself yet

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 02-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #3338
mamasha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
The rooms are some of the biggest on Disney property and the crib is just a pack and play so no I don't think it takes up too much space but I havent done it myself yet
I thought that I could request a real crib...not pack and play. I was thinking it would be those mini cribs
good luck with your new addition!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #3339
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasha View Post
I thought that I could request a real crib...not pack and play. I was thinking it would be those mini cribs
good luck with your new addition!
I don't know if they still have those. I've rented a full size crib from www.abbf.com and had no problems fitting it in a room at the Poly. I would think you could easily fit it in the CR room too.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #3340
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri0616 View Post
Sorry...I will get around to reading all hundreds of pages of this thread (I think i'm on page 20 something!)

So, can I just ask this even though I'm sure it's somewhere on this thread?

Can CR guests walk across the cool bridge connecting the 2 resorts, or is it just for BLT guests?

Thanks for all your knowledge!

K
It's only for Bay Lake Tower guests.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #3341
A MK Family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenrandy View Post
Thanks for all the info! I hear about these movies that are played outside by the pool? Do they use a projector and screen for this? What about this campfire i hear about?

thanks!
Hello,
I just found my CR March 09 Activities sheet and 4 nights they had a campire on the beach followed by a movie. Hopefully they will have it again next month...I can let you know when I get back...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #3342
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
Hi guys,
Had posted this in the cake chatter but thought I might give here a try. Have searched for an answer with no luck. Sorry if this has been covered already. Have been loitering on this thread for some time now!
So...We arrive on Feb 26th. It's my daughter's birthday on March 2nd and I'd really like a cake for her that morning. I've tried being transfered to Contemporary and have spoken to someone in the bakery and private dining, but although very helpful, they said it was too early to order and they didn't have an e-mail for the bakery. There's only 3 weeks to go and I know others have ordered cakes before. I have made a drawing of the cake idea I have and I'd like to connect via e-mail with the bakery, as I know others have. Any idea what to say to get someone to pass the e-mail on to me?
Hi Anita...I don't have an answer to your question but I wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the recent postings.

Does anyone have any info that might help her out?

-Jimbo
Old 02-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #3343
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jimbo,
Heard back from cake chatter. Cakemanbri offered advice! Call the cake line - contemporary - and then asking for bakery e-mail should do the job. I hadn't called the cake hotline as I thought that was only for table service dining requests. Thanks so much for bumping my question! Much appreciated. Anita
Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #3344
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the CR last April and had a wonderful time. During our stay they were working on the pool area... the main pool was open but they had part blocked off and looked like they might be adding a splash pad or other play area. Can someone point me to pics of the completed pool area? Just curious as to how it looks now. TIA!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #3345
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
Hi guys,
Though I haven't used this service and I couldn't find an e-mail, maybe this info. can help you:

Cakes - Specialty Cakes

Dining Extras/Special Experiences

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/cel...ustomizations/

A custom cake can be the icing on your celebration. Choose from a variety of cakes and shapes, personalized for your special occasion. Just give us 48 hours advance notice so we can make your customized creation. Available at most table-service restaurants. To order any custom bakery cake, call the Walt Disney World Resort at (407) 827-2253. Requires advanced reservations.

Birthday/Special Occasion Cakes

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/birthdays.htm#bc

Restaurants:

Six-inch cakes are available at most Disney full serve restaurants for birthdays and anniversaries. Other cakes are also available and must be ordered in advance by contacting the individual restaurant.

The six inch celebration cake is $21.00 (plus tax and gratuity.) These do not require advance notice and can be requested at the podium of the full serve restaurant.

If you want a personalized, custom made cake, you can order it via the Cake Hotline: 407-827-2253. This requires 48 hours advance notice.

Resorts:
If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, you can order a Celebration Cake to be delivered to your room through room service or through the resort guest services.

Special Occasion Cakes

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherwdw.html#cakes

You can order special cakes for delivery to your resort room or to be served after your meal at a Walt Disney World restaurant.

Small decorated cakes (measuring 6"-8", to serve 4-8 people) in chocolate or vanilla can be delivered to your room at any of the Disney Deluxe Resorts. The cost starts at $25 plus tax. The Grand Floridian offers more elaborate cakes at higher prices. Simply call In-Room Dining (room service) from your room phone after arrival.

Small non-personalized decorated cakes (measuring 6", to serve 4-6 people) can be arranged on arrival at all Disney World resort table-service restaurants. Simply ask when you check in at the podium. The cost is $25 plus tax.

Personalized decorated cakes can be preordered to be served after your meal at most Disney World resort table-service restaurants. The cost is $25 plus tax for a 6" cake (serves 4), $30 plus tax for an 8" cake (serves about 8) or $45 plus tax for a 10" cake (serves about 16). Call (407) 827-2253 to make arrangements at least 48 hours in advance.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: