Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #3301
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Us TOO!! We leave the 15th how about you? I love getting mail from Disney
It's always a great feeling getting mail from them, so I agree with you about that.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #3302
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMitchell29 View Post
Hey sweetpea I haven't forgot about you or Lissiemum. I've been busy with Mardi Gras, The Superbowl and everything with the New Orleans Saints. I will be back on track once all of this is over until then i'm enjoying the ride
Well once those events are over you can get back to planning your WDW vacation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #3303
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Booked Contemporary for our May trip today! We've never stayed here before---hoping I made the right decision.

The pictures of the renovated rooms are beautiful, and I know I will love how large the room is!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #3304
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Booked Contemporary for our May trip today! We've never stayed here before---hoping I made the right decision.

The pictures of the renovated rooms are beautiful, and I know I will love how large the room is!
Congragulation on getting to stay there and yes you made the right decision to stay there, so I hope you have a great time.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #3305
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Thanks CR Fan! I knew you'd say that

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #3306
valenrandy
From Astroworld to Disneyworld

Oh my where to start! So after reading this thread on and off during most of january and reading about these pin numbers I decided to call WDW travel to see If i had a pin attached to me name. Low and behold we did but could not use it until the 20th. CM gave no details about pin # but it was sure to be great. On comes the 20th and we get an e-mail with the 30% off pin through 8/14/10. Needless to say we were already planning our first family stay at the CR (thanks to this thread) but with this pin we went ahead a booked an MK view room!!!!! It will be Wife and I with 2 teens and a 5yo, Deluxe dining and 1 themepark ticket per person(We have AP's). Our dates are from July 3-11th. Total came up to $6,337. This is will be the childrens first time visit to WDW and wanted to make it extra special. I got all ADRs set. Do yall think this was a good deal? i know its not the 40/45% it could have been but for 4th of july weekend i think its ok. Now I'm just waiting/praying on a 40% off pin for oct/dec.

Question!!!! being first time going to CR and driving, where do you drive up to the CR at? Is there any pics of where you pull up and unload luggage? Ive seen stalite pics of the west side of CR but it looks like the road ends under the little roof that covers the area. Do you do a u-turn there?
Do you check in outside?
What are the fees to use bell services and do you need to check in before they take your luggage to your room?
What channel is wishes soundtrack played on? (5yo asking)

thanks so much for the thread and cant wait!!!!

PS: CRfan4Life thanks for all you contribute here
July 2004 WDW offsite-July 2006 WDW offsite-Oct 2006 WDW offsite-Jan 2007 WDW Pop-April 2007 DLR HoJo's-July 2007 WDW Pop Century-Sept 2007 DLR HoJo's-Oct 2007 WDW AS Sports-Dec 2007 WDW Pop Century-Feb 2008 DLR PPH-May 2008 WDW PopCentury-July 2008 WDW POFQ Aug 2008 DLR DLH- Oct 2008 WDW POR- May 2009 WDW Pop- Oct 2009 WDW ASports- Dec 2009 WDW POR- May 2010 DLR @ DLH- July 2010 WDW CR MKV-Sept 2010 CR+MKV July 2011 WDW CR-MKV-Sept 2011 AllStarSports- Dec 2011 WDW Poly CL-Feb 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge- Sept 2012 WDW AllStarSports - Nov 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2012 WDW Walt Disney Dolphin :-D
On the radar:
XMAS @ WDW for the WIN!!!!Swan&Dolphin!!!!

mmkk Boo'd me!
woohoo:
Old 02-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #3307
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valenrandy View Post
Oh my where to start! So after reading this thread on and off during most of january and reading about these pin numbers I decided to call WDW travel to see If i had a pin attached to me name. Low and behold we did but could not use it until the 20th. CM gave no details about pin # but it was sure to be great. On comes the 20th and we get an e-mail with the 30% off pin through 8/14/10. Needless to say we were already planning our first family stay at the CR (thanks to this thread) but with this pin we went ahead a booked an MK view room!!!!! It will be Wife and I with 2 teens and a 5yo, Deluxe dining and 1 themepark ticket per person(We have AP's). Our dates are from July 3-11th. Total came up to $6,337. This is will be the childrens first time visit to WDW and wanted to make it extra special. I got all ADRs set. Do yall think this was a good deal? i know its not the 40/45% it could have been but for 4th of july weekend i think its ok. Now I'm just waiting/praying on a 40% off pin for oct/dec.

Question!!!! being first time going to CR and driving, where do you drive up to the CR at? Is there any pics of where you pull up and unload luggage? Ive seen stalite pics of the west side of CR but it looks like the road ends under the little roof that covers the area. Do you do a u-turn there?
Do you check in outside?
What are the fees to use bell services and do you need to check in before they take your luggage to your room?

Congrats on booking! I would keep your eye out on AP discounts (only out to very early June now). If you could get an AP discount then you could get DDP without buying those 1 day tickets.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #3308
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Congrats on booking! I would keep your eye out on AP discounts (only out to very early June now). If you could get an AP discount then you could get DDP without buying those 1 day tickets.
This was the EXACT advice I was going to give! (still hoping to get it myself for mid June )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 02-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #3309
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Do you check in outside?

Welcome to the thread and congrats. on booking the CR.

Yep, you make a U-Turn back over to the parking area. You can pull right up to the door. Then my DD and I usually go inside to the check-in in the lobby while my DH parks the car and walks back to the lobby (just a couple of mins. walk).

You'll need to check-in before luggage can be taken to your room. Your room might not be ready yet so they automatically "store" your luggage. Then you just walk over to the bell services window next to the check-in and tell them your room number or you can call them from your room. There are no "fees" for bell services, but they are a tipped position. We usually tip $1-$2 per bag. Some people tip the guy who takes your luggage and stores it AND the guy who eventually brings it to your room, and some just tip the guy who brings the luggage to your room.

Wishes is played on channel 20. Since you booked a MKV room, if you want your beds to face toward the MK, then request an odd-numbered room (But, if you've been lurking, you already know this.)

Also, in addition to the upcoming potential of an AP discount, you should log-in and save a trip on the WDW website booking page. We received several -40% off e-mails (for Deluxe) this way and so have many others. And, if you're active or retired military, you can get -40% off room-only bookings, but you can add the DP.

Have a great vacation! (But frankly, I don't know how you can leave TX - we miss not living there anymore)
Old 02-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #3310
valenrandy
From Astroworld to Disneyworld

Thanks for the replies! Kids don't know yet, DW thinks it's a standard view and I can't wait for July!!!!!! DW and have saved vacation packages on the website and besides the 30% off email we have not recieved any other as of yet. BTW on another thread I posted recently there is a fantastic shot of the CR and approaching monorail taken from the old skyway ride in fantasyland from the 1980s.

One more question!!! How many elevators are there that have tower room access and how many people do they hold? Just curious to know if there is ever a long wait.

Thanks!
July 2004 WDW offsite-July 2006 WDW offsite-Oct 2006 WDW offsite-Jan 2007 WDW Pop-April 2007 DLR HoJo's-July 2007 WDW Pop Century-Sept 2007 DLR HoJo's-Oct 2007 WDW AS Sports-Dec 2007 WDW Pop Century-Feb 2008 DLR PPH-May 2008 WDW PopCentury-July 2008 WDW POFQ Aug 2008 DLR DLH- Oct 2008 WDW POR- May 2009 WDW Pop- Oct 2009 WDW ASports- Dec 2009 WDW POR- May 2010 DLR @ DLH- July 2010 WDW CR MKV-Sept 2010 CR+MKV July 2011 WDW CR-MKV-Sept 2011 AllStarSports- Dec 2011 WDW Poly CL-Feb 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge- Sept 2012 WDW AllStarSports - Nov 2012 WDW Wilderness Lodge - Dec 2012 WDW Walt Disney Dolphin :-D
On the radar:
XMAS @ WDW for the WIN!!!!Swan&Dolphin!!!!

mmkk Boo'd me!
woohoo:
Old 02-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #3311
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We just got back and there were 4 elevators for the tower. We stayed on 12 and never waited more than a minute for an elevator. Maybe it's different during peak times though.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #3312
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

We are at the airport hotel now...our flight leaves tomorrow morning and we actually stay at the CR starting the 8th!!!!

I have a list of things to find out and take pictures of...if anyone has anything else they need to know or want pictures of just post it. I will have my laptop with so hopefully I will be able to upload some pictures while I am there.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #3313
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Thanks CR Fan! I knew you'd say that
You're welcome.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #3314
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you check in outside?

Congragulations on getting that discount. Now as for your question when you arrive you can drive up to the main entrance where the valet Cast Members will be. If you want to they can valet park your car or you can park yourself. Then they will unload all your luggage and take it into a storage room and bring it up a few minutes after you check-in, so just remember to save the bag ticket they give you that has the total number of bags you gave them. Finally the music for Wishes is played on channel 20.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #3315
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsgirl36 View Post
We are at the airport hotel now...our flight leaves tomorrow morning and we actually stay at the CR starting the 8th!!!!

I have a list of things to find out and take pictures of...if anyone has anything else they need to know or want pictures of just post it. I will have my laptop with so hopefully I will be able to upload some pictures while I am there.
Once again I hope you have a great time.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: