Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #3241
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrdofbugs View Post
I have a question. In some pics of Contemporary, I saw a picture of an escalator (mispelled? sorry) and stairswith a sign above that said to Restuarants. Is this in the lobby? I don't remember seeing this when I was there in '08. Where is this?? We are in the Garden Wing this time and it would be much faster to use this instead of waiting on the elevator for the 4th floor if busy. Thanks!!
I believe this is the sign you are asking about and these picture were taken in front of the esclator in the lobby.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #3242
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Here is a (convention) map of the 2nd floor showing the escalator.

When you are checking-in one set of escalators are behind you. These escalators go as high as the Concourse, but you have to get off at the 2nd floor and walk around to the next set that go to the Concourse.

To take it from the garden wing, you would have to climb the tall, steep flight of stairs that are outside the back of the Tower building (next to the garden wing and facing the pool) that lead to the 2nd floor convention area. From here you can take the escalator up to the 4th floor.

The other escalator on the opposite side of the CR on the Concourse level, near the bathrooms and elevators, only goes to the monorail platform.
You don't HAVE to climb those steps. You can come into the main building on the first floor, take the escalator--directly across from the lobby conceirge desk-- up to the next level, then go around the corner and take another escalator up to the concourse level (4th floor).

We often took the lazy way out and took the escalator up, but took the outside stairs down from the second level. The benefit to going into the tower on the first floor, is that you're covered the whole way. Those outdoor steps are not covered from the elements.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #3243
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrob214 View Post
You don't HAVE to climb those steps. You can come into the main building on the first floor, take the escalator--directly across from the lobby conceirge desk-- up to the next level, then go around the corner and take another escalator up to the concourse level (4th floor).

We often took the lazy way out and took the escalator up, but took the outside stairs down from the second level. The benefit to going into the tower on the first floor, is that you're covered the whole way. Those outdoor steps are not covered from the elements.
Thanks for mentioning what I didn't.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #3244
A MK Family
Mouseketeer

First Posting!!

Hello All!
This is my very first post on DIS. I have been lurking for well over a year and finally joined.
Last April this thread was such a great help in planning our first CR stay. We walked in to our MK view and my DD (then 3) declared the room her new home.
We have booked to go back March 15-22 theme park view and can't wait.
Thanks for all the great tips and I will stay tuned for more

Old 01-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #3245
csaribay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Thanks! That helps. So looking at the map, the std. rooms seem to be 5152-5168 (5252-5268, 5352-5368) . Does that sound correct? Also, do you remember your std. view room number? I'm leaning toward a first floor request, so we can have a patio, or would it be better to be higher, since we will probably have a parking lot view
This is mostly correct. Rooms 6_29 and 6_30 (_ being the floor #) are also considered standard view rooms as they are considered to be obstructed.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #3246
Cinderumbrella
Wench

We just booked one more night for our June trip!!! Why stay for 10 when you can stay for 11??? (thank you Southwest for making such a HUGE price difference between Sunday and Monday flights! )

Anyway, since we have ALOT of resort time planned, does anyone happen to remember what days of the week they do movies on the beach?? I can't find my resort info sheet from last June for anything!

Thanks!!!

PS: Welcome out of lurkdoom A MK Family and WDWKOOK, your Toonces picture cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #3247
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Thanks for mentioning what I didn't.
Just didn't want anyone to be scared of those long steps!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #3248
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Hello All!
This is my very first post on DIS. I have been lurking for well over a year and finally joined.
Last April this thread was such a great help in planning our first CR stay. We walked in to our MK view and my DD (then 3) declared the room her new home.

We're flattered that you chose the CR thread for your first post! I think mine was probably here as well (when I finally stopped lurking). Have you made all your ADRs?

Have a great vacation and stop by here anytime.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #3249
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
We just booked one more night for our June trip!!! Why stay for 10 when you can stay for 11??? (thank you Southwest for making such a HUGE price difference between Sunday and Monday flights! )

Anyway, since we have ALOT of resort time planned, does anyone happen to remember what days of the week they do movies on the beach?? I can't find my resort info sheet from last June for anything!

Thanks!!!

PS: Welcome out of lurkdoom A MK Family and WDWKOOK, your Toonces picture cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yippee!! Don't forget to add that extra day of ADRs. Despite being a very serious cat, Toonces appreciates that he cracks you up. He's trying to sign-up for the Richard Petty Driving Experience, but needs someone to drive for him. Maybe for your birthday?

Movies are shown everyday. Here is the movie schedule for January:

CR Movie Schedule:

Sunday
1/10 Cars
1/ 17 Monsters Inc
1/ 24 The Incredibles
1/31 31 A Bug's Life

Monday
1/11 Echanted
1/ 18 Sleeping Beauty(See our Princess Page)
1/ 25 The Princess Diaries 2

Tuesday
1/12 Camp Rock
1/ 19 Princess Protection Program
1/ 26 Hannah Montanna: The Movie

Wednesday
1/13 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
1/20 UP
1/ 27 Race Tto Witch Mountain

Thursday
1/14 The Fox and the Hound
1/ 21 Robin Hood
1/ 28 The Rescuers Down Under

Friday
1/8 Finding Nemo
1/ 15 Swiss Family Robinson
1/ 22 Lilo & Stitch
1/ 29 The Jungle Book

Saturday
1/9 Mary Poppins
1/ 16 The Parent Trap
1/23 Freaky Friday
1/30 G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrob214 View Post
Just didn't want anyone to be scared of those long steps!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #3250
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Yippee!! Don't forget to add that extra day of ADRs. Despite being a very serious cat, Toonces appreciates that he cracks you up. He's trying to sign-up for the Richard Petty Driving Experience, but needs someone to drive for him. Maybe for your birthday?

Movies are shown everyday. Here is the movie schedule for January:

CR Movie Schedule:

Sunday
1/10 Cars
1/ 17 Monsters Inc
1/ 24 The Incredibles
1/31 31 A Bug's Life

Monday
1/11 Echanted
1/ 18 Sleeping Beauty(See our Princess Page)
1/ 25 The Princess Diaries 2

Tuesday
1/12 Camp Rock
1/ 19 Princess Protection Program
1/ 26 Hannah Montanna: The Movie

Wednesday
1/13 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
1/20 UP
1/ 27 Race Tto Witch Mountain

Thursday
1/14 The Fox and the Hound
1/ 21 Robin Hood
1/ 28 The Rescuers Down Under

Friday
1/8 Finding Nemo
1/ 15 Swiss Family Robinson
1/ 22 Lilo & Stitch
1/ 29 The Jungle Book

Saturday
1/9 Mary Poppins
1/ 16 The Parent Trap
1/23 Freaky Friday
1/30 G-Force

I didn't realize they were every day now (Hooray!!!) I already spent the last couple of hours flip flopping all kinds of ADR's to accomodate the changes and luckily I wasn't shut out of anything we wanted.

Still laughing about Toonces (I don't think I even want him to ride shotgun with me...that cat has some bad juju when it comes to driving! )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #3251
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A MK Family View Post
Hello All!
Welcome to the thread and it's great you enjoyed your previous stay at the Contemporary, plus have a great time on your next one. Also if you have any others questions go right ahead and ask.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #3252
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Congragulations on being able to add an extra night and I always say the more the better.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #3253
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandChildWorldAdult View Post
We didn't spend much time enjoying our "garden" view either, but there simply weren't any standard view rooms when we booked. I suspect this is very common ... those rooms are a considerable value with an AP discount, especially when you consider a family of 5 like ours.

I also want to comment that you may well find that a first floor request will be very pleasant as the walk area between the garden building and the parking lot is very heavily planted. You will not likely be gawking at license plates.
Thanks LandChildWorldAdult ! I totally agree about the AP discount. That's why I'm looking at Contemporary for our May trip.

Good to know the landscaping is heavy enough to block out the parking lot if I'm on the first floor. So your recommendation would be to request 1st floor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaribay View Post
This is mostly correct. Rooms 6_29 and 6_30 (_ being the floor #) are also considered standard view rooms as they are considered to be obstructed.
Thanks csaribay! I will look at the other rooms you mentioned on the master map layout. Any recommendations?

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #3254
scrdofbugs
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here is a (convention) map of the 2nd floor showing the escalator.

When you are checking-in one set of escalators are behind you. These escalators go as high as the Concourse, but you have to get off at the 2nd floor and walk around to the next set that go to the Concourse.

To take it from the garden wing, you would have to climb the tall, steep flight of stairs that are outside the back of the Tower building (next to the garden wing and facing the pool) that lead to the 2nd floor convention area. From here you can take the escalator up to the 4th floor.

The other escalator on the opposite side of the CR on the Concourse level, near the bathrooms and elevators, only goes to the monorail platform.
Thanks so much!!!
Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
Oct 2012 - Universal-Royal Pacific Resort/Disney-Port Orleans Riverside
May 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort
May 2010 - Contemporary/Port Orleans-French Qrt
Sept 2009 - Polynesian
Nov 2008 - Contemporary/Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sept 2007 - Polynesian
April 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort

Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #3255
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrdofbugs View Post
Thanks so much!!!
You're welcome. Don't forget to take a look at the top of page 217 at mdrob214's additional escalator comments. And we'd love it if you'd post photos of your Deluxe room
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: