Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #301
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
hi everyone!! i have gone towdw since 1973 at the age of 8. i have been there atleast once a year since then. my dw and got married 25 years ago and i turned her into the disney way of life!! (wasnt hard) we went there on our honeymoon and the rest is history. this year, i decided, besides our normal trip to okw in oct, that my dw and i would spend 7 night just the two of us.i made a ressi at car. beach and she was happy. i have been looking at the cr just about my entire life saying, im going to stay there one day. well, i change my ressi to the cr !!! i will be telling dw when we are on dis. property and she says the car. beach is over there, were are you going? i got a tower mk view room for 7 nights and cant wait!! ive enjoyed looking and reading everyones post. thanks for all the good tips and info. see ya there!!
Congragulations and have a great time.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #302
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post

You're so punny!!!
The Imagineers are at any rate.

Quote:
hi everyone!! i have gone towdw since 1973 at the age of 8. i have been there atleast once a year since then. my dw and got married 25 years ago and i turned her into the disney way of life!! (wasnt hard) we went there on our honeymoon and the rest is history. this year, i decided, besides our normal trip to okw in oct, that my dw and i would spend 7 night just the two of us.i made a ressi at car. beach and she was happy. i have been looking at the cr just about my entire life saying, im going to stay there one day. well, i change my ressi to the cr !!! i will be telling dw when we are on dis. property and she says the car. beach is over there, were are you going? i got a tower mk view room for 7 nights and cant wait!! ive enjoyed looking and reading everyones post. thanks for all the good tips and info. see ya there!!
Congratulation! What a great surprise for your wife.
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #303
Cinderumbrella
Wench

My TA just made my final payment this AM!!!
45 days, baby and we are there!!!
Wish me luck on continuing to keep my secret!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #304
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That must be a great feeling knowing your final payment is made and I can not wait to feel like this June, when we make the final payment for our stay there this August.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #305
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Congratulations...it will be here before you know it.

Pixie dust for keeping the secret!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #306
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
That must be a great feeling knowing your final payment is made and I can not wait to feel like this June, when we make the final payment for our stay there this August.

Thanks again to everyone who answered all my questions. I promise to bring back lots of pictures so I can finally contribute something rather than ask all the time!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #307
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks again to everyone who answered all my questions. I promise to bring back lots of pictures so I can finally contribute something rather than ask all the time!!!
I can not wait to see the pictures you will be posting.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #308
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congratulations!!!

You have done really well keeping the secret so far...on 45 more days to go!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #309
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What a wonderful surprise!!! What a wonderful husband...Have a great trip...

Old 04-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #310
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
Like I said earlier, I haven't been to Disney Quest (DQ) in 7 years. DH and DS5 just went in Nov and loved it. They go to Dave & Busters arcade here in the city often and love big arcades. DQ has five floors of games. Every video game imaginable. The virtual ones are amazing. POTC, Aladin's Magic Carpet and the Jungle Cruise - where they spritz water on you while your rowing! I LOVED the floor with the vintage video games! Donkey Kong, Ms. Pacman, Q-Bert,etc... DH played Tetris and I played this hamburger game (stack a burger ) for hours!! I can't imagine what teenager would NOT have a ball in there.
Sounds like fun! And maybe a perfect way to spend a hot, humid September afternoon on our trip!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #311
soccer-mom29e
Mouseketeer

More crowds when BLT opens?

We've stayed at the CR on our two previous trips and will be returning between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My main concern is the crowds. As I understand it, BLT will have no eating places and all guest will share dining facilities at CR. Is this correct? When we went, the counter service and Chef Mickey's was always full. There always seemed to be a lot of people in that area. Will it be too crowded to enjoy, with all the BLT guests coming to shop and eat?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #312
3"Mouse"keteers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer-mom29e View Post
We've stayed at the CR on our two previous trips and will be returning between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My main concern is the crowds. As I understand it, BLT will have no eating places and all guest will share dining facilities at CR. Is this correct? When we went, the counter service and Chef Mickey's was always full. There always seemed to be a lot of people in that area. Will it be too crowded to enjoy, with all the BLT guests coming to shop and eat?
curious about this as well, especially as far as monorail traffic is concerned.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #313
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer-mom29e View Post
Well let's not forget before Bay Lake Tower was being built the 4th floor was always busy with non Contemporary guests eating at the restaurants, looking at the stores and taking the Monorail. I can not count the number of times my family and I have had to wait for another Monorail because the line there was a long line to get on. So while I am sure Bay Lake Tower will make the 4th floor and everything around it more busy, will we see a difference since the Contemporary has always been a busy place to visit.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #314
Howdy Doodat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well let's not forget before Bay Lake Tower was being built the 4th floor was always busy with non Contemporary guests eating at the restaurants, looking at the stores and taking the Monorail. I can not count the number of times my family and I have had to wait for another Monorail because the line there was a long line to get on. So while I am sure Bay Lake Tower will make the 4th floor and everything around it more busy, will we see a difference since the Contemporary has always been a busy place to visit.
also remember that, once upon a time, there was a north garden wing with a whole lot of rooms. i don't know how the total number of rooms in BLT compares to what was in the north garden wing, but hey, we lost some crowds before and now we're gaining some back.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #315
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy Doodat View Post
also remember that, once upon a time, there was a north garden wing with a whole lot of rooms. i don't know how the total number of rooms in BLT compares to what was in the north garden wing, but hey, we lost some crowds before and now we're gaining some back.
That's another great point and thanks for brining up the example of the North Garden Wing, because it is a good one.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: