Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #256
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

My opinion on the whole pool situation with Bay Lake Tower

I have said this before and I will say it again the Contemporary guests should be allowed access to the Bay Lake Tower pool, because it's going to be right there and Disney Vacation Club is selling Bay Lake Tower as sharing amenities with the Contemporary. To accomodate the construction of Bay Lake Tower the Contemporary had to get rid of the North Garden Wing and lost so many rooms that they could have full renovated and because of that it's harder to get reservations at a resort which is popular for it's location and because of the conventions they host. So I wish Disney Vacation Club could realize these rules about pool use and everything else is false advertising because sharing amenities between both the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower only works if they will share with us. Finally if it's true how the Contemporary guests can not use the Bay Lake Tower pool then I wish they could not let Bay Lake Tower guests swim at the Contemporary to make things even on both sides.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #257
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
CR FAN and others, I am right about Joffrey's running the stand, right????
I am not sure what's happening about that, because they still had the Contemporary Grounds coffee stand opened in the lobby when I was there in December.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #258
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasispaul View Post
crazy4wdw posted this link a day or two ago - the most recent pics of the pool renovation i've seen:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...1&limitstart=2

from those pics, it looks like the renovation is definitely a major project and not simply a "freshening up" of the area. a few pages back, a poster mentioned he saw what appeared to be extensive plumbing going into one of the sections - which lends itself to the theory of a kids splash zone being part of the renovation.

hope this helps.
thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again the Contemporary guests should be allowed access to the Bay Lake Tower pool, because it's going to be right there and Disney Vacation Club is selling Bay Lake Tower as sharing amenities with the Contemporary. To accomodate the construction of Bay Lake Tower the Contemporary had to get rid of the North Garden Wing and lost so many rooms that they could have full renovated and because of that it's harder to get reservations at a resort which is popular for it's location and because of the conventions they host. So I wish Disney Vacation Club could realize these rules about pool use and everything else is false advertising because sharing amenities between both the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower only works if they will share with us. Finally if it's true how the Contemporary guests can not use the Bay Lake Tower pool then I wish they could not let Bay Lake Tower guests swim at the Contemporary to make things even on both sides.
I think I have to agree with this!

HOWEVER, as a non-DVC member, but with friends that do own, I was under the impression that DVC members are allowed to use virtually any pool on property, irregardless if they are staying there, which why they can use the CR pool if they want. I guess the million dollar question will be whether or not us non-DVC members can use the BLT pool if we are staying CR and not specifically BLT...

Quote:
I am not sure what's happening about that, because they still had the Contemporary Grounds coffee stand opened in the lobby when I was there in December.
I realize the name is different, but I thought Joffrey's was the company behind it (there are quite a few Joffrey's stand popping up here and there on property- albeit with WDW type names).

Anyway, I thought I read that on the old FAQ (that I am S-L-O-W-L-Y working my way though ) but with all I have read there in the past few days, I could be wrong...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #259
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

When I am back there this August I will ask some Cast Members about the situation with Joffrey's.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #260
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I have to agree with this!

HOWEVER, as a non-DVC member, but with friends that do own, I was under the impression that DVC members are allowed to use virtually any pool on property, irregardless if they are staying there, which why they can use the CR pool if they want. I guess the million dollar question will be whether or not us non-DVC members can use the BLT pool if we are staying CR and not specifically BLT...
I know about them being allowed to pool hopp if they are staying on points if the pool hopping dates are not blacked out for them, however that's not the issue. If Wilderness Lodge guests are allowed to use the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge DVC pool, how is that any different then Contemporary guests wanting to use the Bay Lake Tower pool? Also can you really call it pool hopping if they go from Bay Lake Tower to the Contemporary, because as I said before it sounds like one of their amenities is using the Contemporary pool. So those are what I see as the differences and to me it's a matter of principal.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #261
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Well said!! I agree, it is a matter of principal and unfair to guests staying CR. Although it may be unlikely BLT guests will make their way over to the CR pool, it will happen...making the CR pool more crowded and CR guests just have to put up with it. We'll just have to 'wait and see'.

Have never been happy about BLT...imho, CR architecture was ruined when the North Wing was demolished...a big eye sore built all for the mighty dollar.

eta: We haven't stayed at CR since the North Tower was demolished - one reason being we fear that we'll see BLT from our Tower balcony on the the Bay Lake side - our preferred view..

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 04-23-2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: typos; eta
Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #262
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I was unaware that WLV had their own pool (I have never stayed at a DVC resort, and to this point, haven't had the desire to). Believe me, I understand your concern with it, but until BLT's pool opens (when, later this summer?) we just have to wait and see what "really" happens

Now, regarding coffee. As I said, I feel like I have read a million and a half pages about the CR in the past few days, so I am getting my sources mixed up!

http://allears.net/din/coffee.htm

This is where I saw about Contemp Grounds being run by Joffrey's
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~

Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #263
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Well said!! I agre, it is a matter of principal and unfair to guests staying CR. Although it may be unlikely BLT guests will make their way over to the CR pool, it will happen...making the CR pool more crowded and CR guests just have to put up with it.
Thank you and you make some valid some points.

I also realize if Contemporary guests got access to the Bay Lake Tower pool it would make that area more crowded. However I am not sure how many guests would go there, so it's the same situation if Bay Lake Tower guests use the Contemporary pool.

So what I really hope for is permission for the Contemporary guests to use the Bay Lake Tower pool if they wanted to, if Bay Lake Tower guests got to use the Contemporary pool. Basically it would be a rule that will always be there if someone wanted to take advantage of it.

Finally I am willing to bet that if the Contemporary pool was closed for whatever reason instead of telling guests to swim at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge, wouldn't they say go to the Bay Lake Tower pool since it's right there within walking distance and it makes the most sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella
I was unaware that WLV had their own pool (I have never stayed at a DVC resort, and to this point, haven't had the desire to). Believe me, I understand your concern with it, but until BLT's pool opens (when, later this summer?) we just have to wait and see what "really" happens
I do agree it is best to wait until Bay Lake Tower opens, because then we will know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella
Now, regarding coffee. As I said, I feel like I have read a million and a half pages about the CR in the past few days, so I am getting my sources mixed up!

http://allears.net/din/coffee.htm

This is where I saw about Contemp Grounds being run by Joffrey's
I never noticed that before, so thanks for posting that link. So after reading it I guess what they say is true, so I will update the 1st page about the information with Joffrey's.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 04-23-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #264
brergnat
DIS Veteran

The coffee served in the Lobby Coffee stand is

JOFFREY'S

I am not sure it's even called "Contemporary Grounds" anymore.

I was just there 3 weeks ago. I am almost 100% certain that the place is just called "Joffrey's". That is what the big sign on the wall said, anyway, as well as the cups.

The CM's working at the stand had on JOFFREY's aprons, but DISNEY CM name badges, so I'm not sure WHO they are employed by.

There were also several Joffrey's carts within the parks, at Animal Kingdom we saw one, as well as in Epcot, and I saw one at another resort hotel, although I can't remember which one it was now...maybe Yacht Club???
Old 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #265
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
JOFFREY'S

I am not sure it's even called "Contemporary Grounds" anymore.

I was just there 3 weeks ago. I am almost 100% certain that the place is just called "Joffrey's". That is what the big sign on the wall said, anyway, as well as the cups.

The CM's working at the stand had on JOFFREY's aprons, but DISNEY CM name badges, so I'm not sure WHO they are employed by.
If that's true about the name changing can someone please confirm that, so I can make the correct changes on the 1st page.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #266
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
CR FAN and others, I am right about Joffrey's running the stand, right?????
I'm curious if they're using the Joffrey's name too. The Joffrey's locations in the parks are just labeled "Espresso & Pastries". It appeared to me at least, that WDW was keeping it a secret that it was an outside company.

This is wonderful that Joffrey's in is the CR. I hope it means that eventually they will be everywhere on WDW property.

Quote:
Mare, what are you dates again? We are 6/9-6/17. I am SURE we will be in the arcade alot too!!!!!!! We have never seen it, where in the building is it now?

We're there 6/12 to 6/19 and so is Blueskies, thought I forgot her dates.

The arcade used to be were The Wave is now on the first floor. It's now located on the 4th floor next to the gift shop. Same floor as Chef Mickeys. It's near the elevator to the monorail. Which makes it a nightmare for me anytime we dine at Chef Mickeys because arcade time has to follow the meal Did I mention that my DH is as much as an arcade junkie as my DS5

It's the largest arcade within any WDW resort.

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
Old 04-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #267
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
eta: We haven't stayed at CR since the North Tower was demolished - one reason being we fear that we'll see BLT from our Tower balcony on the the Bay Lake side - our preferred view..
Yes it's true that you can see Bay Lake Tower from the Bay Lake View, however when my family and I had that view this past December it was not that bad. Plus once it's completed I am sure it will look better since there won't be any construction happening to it.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #268
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

This is good to know....am missing CR. Every time I see a photo of the Bay Lake view my heart skips a beat. CR was our first WDW stay in 1981 - a few stays in the North Wing and many Tower stays. It's home to us.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #269
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
am missing CR. Every time I see a photo of the Bay Lake view my heart skips a beat.
We stayed in the CR on our 2nd wedding anniversary. We had an MK view in the tower. To this day, every time we past the CR DH has to point our room out to me - last room on the far left, third from the top. We had an amazing fireworks view and even saw the castle from our bed by looking in the mirror - it was just over our right shoulders.

It's his favorite room location of all time.

So if you hear some whack-o on the monorail pointing to the CR and announcing to everyone where our room there was, that's my DH

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #270
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post

We're there 6/12 to 6/19 and so is Blueskies, thought I forgot her dates.

The arcade used to be were The Wave is now on the first floor. It's now located on the 4th floor next to the gift shop. Same floor as Chef Mickeys. It's near the elevator to the monorail. Which makes it a nightmare for me anytime we dine at Chef Mickeys because arcade time has to follow the meal Did I mention that my DH is as much as an arcade junkie as my DS5

It's the largest arcade within any WDW resort.
I don't know how I have not noticed the arcade?? (or DS for that matter ) We ate at CM and CG in December too.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: