Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #226
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I actually agree 100% with what your saying because if Bay Lake Tower is being advertised as sharing ammenties with the Contemporary, then it's only fair the Contemporary guests can use the Bay Lake Tower pool and walk on the sky bridge if they want to see Bay Lake Tower from the inside. Best example is the same way Wilderness Lodge guests can use the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge pool. So I do think it's weird they are going deny access to all of those things for the Contemporary guests, however they are going to let Bay Lake Tower guests have access to the Contemporary pool and they are not actually staying in the Tower or South Garden Wing.

However for things like them using the Contemporary gym I read that has been a DVC perk for their members for a while when it comes to the ones at the other resorts, so that is going to be nothing new.
The Contemporary will be packed if there is not an even flow of traffic with the Sky Bridge

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #227
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
The Contemporary will be packed if there is not an even flow of traffic with the Sky Bridge
I would say that's accurate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #228
jec13
Mouseketeer

I know that the computers have been removed from the regular rooms, have they also been removed from the concierge rooms?
September 2007 - 25th Anniversary Trip at Contemporary
April 1999 - Contemporary
August 1988 - Contemporary
Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #229
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec13 View Post
I know that the computers have been removed from the regular rooms, have they also been removed from the concierge rooms?
Yes, they've been removed. I've read though that they do have a printing kiosk available in the lobby for printing boarding passes.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #230
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
And to go to the MK with the monorail..you have to get off at the TTC and take a Magic Kingdom monorail?
just to clarify... the resort-line monorail order is:

CR-TTC-Poly-GF-MK-CR

so no you do not need to get off. It is in fact much more convenient if you don't.

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #231
Dawn68PA
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize the computer had been removed from CL. Bummer. Do they charge for internet the same as the other resorts now?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #232
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn68PA View Post
I didn't realize the computer had been removed from CL. Bummer. Do they charge for internet the same as the other resorts now?
Actually, they always did. The computers in the rooms only had limited internet access. For us to get to most sites we wanted to (or needed to for work), we had to pay the 9.95/day for the unrestricted access.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #233
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

I thougt having the computers in the rooms were a very nice extra too....I wonder what prompted them being removed??

Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #234
Aye Sea Turtles
Tag, schmag humph.. how rude! *~*SPF*~*
I can't stand "noisy swallowing."
another schmagy tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Actually, after thinking about it some more, (I should do this more often) I don't think you could put your own coffee and filter in it (so scratch it off your list). I think it only accepts those "pods." They 'll give you all you need (decaf./regular). There is also tea supplied. Sorry if I confused you. Of course, having now said this, someone will write that they were able to shove in their own filter and fancy coffee.
You can purchase filters that will fit in those little coffeepots...look for the ones that say 1-4 cups. However...I've never had a problem with the amount of pre-packaged coffee they provide in the room, and I'm a HUGE coffee addict. Each day housekeeping will replenish the supply, so no worries there. Finally, I'd like to add that the coffee provided in the room is quite tasty, IMO...a nice blend. If there's any extra at the end of our trip, I always bring it home with me!

Oh, and they also provide sugar/sweeteners, powdered creamer, etc. If you want real half-and-half, you'll have to bring your own.

Last edited by Aye Sea Turtles; 04-22-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #235
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
I thougt having the computers in the rooms were a very nice extra too....I wonder what prompted them being removed??
On the previous Contemporary FAQ thread someone mentioned that they heard it had to do with them getting maintenance, however when I am back there this August I am going to ask a few Cast Members what the reason was.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #236
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
But really, what is there to see at BLT in the tower? It's JUST rooms! I can sort of understand why they don't want all that "traffic" over there. If YOU were staying in a room there, would you want all that foot traffic in the hallways outside your room?

It is NOT going to be necessary to use the skybridge to access BLT. The lobby will have a front entrance with a door, just like every other lobby of every other DVC.

Also, the pool area will be accessible from OUTSIDE. I was just there, and it looks like you can just walk from the Contemporary's beach/marina over to the pool area at BLT. Otherwise, how would you expect BLT guests to get to the Marina? The only way they can close off the pool is if they decide to build a gate that requires key access...

I'd not get all worked up about it yet. Just wait and see what they decide to do. But, I don't personally see the draw of being able to walk over to the BLT building via the skybridge if staying at the CR...all the amenities are at the CR! There's not even a store at BLT...
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #237
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
They were too expensive to maintain...they kept breaking and needing to be replaced. Very simple solution was to remove them. It was a PILOT PROGRAM...it didn't work the way they thought it would. Program terminated.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #238
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
They were too expensive to maintain...they kept breaking and needing to be replaced. Very simple solution was to remove them. It was a PILOT PROGRAM...it didn't work the way they thought it would. Program terminated.
A former Cast Member who use to work on the Atrium Club floor told me in August 2006 (which was a few weeks after the computers got installed) that it was a test program and that there was a chance they could be taken out of the rooms. However I thought after having them for almost 3 years they were there for good, so it was a long pilot program.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 04-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #239
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

This is gonna sound really silly...but once you run out of the coffee they give you in the room... how much do they charge?

I always only used the ones already there.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #240
Aye Sea Turtles
Tag, schmag humph.. how rude! *~*SPF*~*
I can't stand "noisy swallowing."
another schmagy tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
This is gonna sound really silly...but once you run out of the coffee they give you in the room... how much do they charge?

I always only used the ones already there.
It costs nothing...they will replenish the coffee packs when you run out, just as they would the shampoo, soap, etc.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: