Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #211
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
One more question, is Contempo Cafe 24 hours, like Gasparillas??
They close at 12:00 AM, however you could still walk in there anytime during the night to refills your mug if you got thirsty.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #212
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
Thank you for the info! I was able to see CR very well on the google map. And thanks also to the other person who mentioned the walk is very short.

Now I am wondering what criteria Disney used to knock down the North Tower instead of the South Tower? Not having stayed at CR before, the answer may be obvious, but I don't know what the answer would be, in case anyone knows? If I'm looking at the map right, it looks like the North Tower provided more space to work with? Thanks for any help.
There is a canal from BL to 7 Seas Lagoon next to the south wing. Perhaps this posed construction challenges?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #213
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

And to go to the MK with the monorail..you have to get off at the TTC and take a Magic Kingdom monorail?

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 04-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #214
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
And to go to the MK with the monorail..you have to get off at the TTC and take a Magic Kingdom monorail?
Actually when going from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom by Monorail you stay on the Resort Monorail, so you don't get off at the TTC and switch to the Magic Kingdom Monorail.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #215
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I am guessing they picked the North Garden Wing because it's closer to the Magic Kingdom, so those staying in Bay Lake Tower with a Magic Kingdom View will make it look very good. Also the walkway from Bay Lake Tower to the 4th floor of the Contemporay will be located by the back of the Bay View Gifts store, so I am guessing they could not put it on the other side because of Chef Mickey's.
Ok, lol, and now I will stop calling them towers, lol. They are wings. Heck, they don't even look like towers. What was I thinking. Thanks for correcting me in that subtle way and for your thoughts on BLT's location. Thanks to the other poster who pointed out the canal's location being a possible factor as well. I guess I'm intrigued by the whole destruction of the wing and then the construction of this new tower. tink
Old 04-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #216
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
Thanks for correcting me in that subtle way and for your thoughts on BLT's location.
You're welcome.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #217
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Is there any offical word if guest at the Contemporary can use the Sky Bridge If we can i might upgrade from the poly to Contemporary

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #218
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
Is there any offical word if guest at the Contemporary can use the Sky Bridge If we can i might upgrade from the poly to Contemporary
From what I have read it will only be for guests staying at Bay Lake Tower which I don't agree with, however we will know for sure once it opens this August.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #219
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Hi All!

I have an update on my bed bug situation. Dh talked with the lady from Disney today. She was very, very nice and helpful. The problem in our room was confirmed after we left. I am not sure if the people after us also complained or if they checked the room after I sent a fax to the CR 2 days after we left. Either way they don't doubt me. She explained that there is a special protocol in place for housekeeping to follow to try and minimize bed bugs so that it doesn't spread. She was very sorry to hear about my other problems with housekeeping and she alluded to the fact that this particular housekeeper is no longer working there so they obviously took it seriously. They are taking care of the room and taking all measures to assure it has not spread.

She did stress that we need to destroy, not just throw away, but destroy all our luggage. She said they stress it be destroyed so that the problem doesn't just keep spreading. Sometimes people will pull what looks like a good suitcase from the dump or wherever and then use it therefore spreading the problem. Understandable I guess.

Anyway I was very happy with the way that Disney has handled my issue. I still wish I had the knowledge at the time so I could have dealt with it there. I would not hesitate to go back to a WDW resort or CR for that matter. All of you going in the future can rest assured that the situation is being dealt with!

FYI when staying at ANY hotel no matter what the level first thing you should do is pull back the sheets and look at the mattress seams. Look for brown dots. It is evidence that bed bugs are there. You should also look around headboards and drawers. They are fast and hard to see until they are their full adult size so it is best to look for the evidence. If you see any get your stuff out of that room ASAP!

So I guess that is the end of my saga!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
Old 04-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #220
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
Hi All!

I have an update on my bed bug situation. Dh talked with the lady from Disney today. She was very, very nice and helpful. The problem in our room was confirmed after we left. I am not sure if the people after us also complained or if they checked the room after I sent a fax to the CR 2 days after we left. Either way they don't doubt me. She explained that there is a special protocol in place for housekeeping to follow to try and minimize bed bugs so that it doesn't spread. She was very sorry to hear about my other problems with housekeeping and she alluded to the fact that this particular housekeeper is no longer working there so they obviously took it seriously. They are taking care of the room and taking all measures to assure it has not spread.

She did stress that we need to destroy, not just throw away, but destroy all our luggage. She said they stress it be destroyed so that the problem doesn't just keep spreading. Sometimes people will pull what looks like a good suitcase from the dump or wherever and then use it therefore spreading the problem. Understandable I guess.

Anyway I was very happy with the way that Disney has handled my issue. I still wish I had the knowledge at the time so I could have dealt with it there. I would not hesitate to go back to a WDW resort or CR for that matter. All of you going in the future can rest assured that the situation is being dealt with!

FYI when staying at ANY hotel no matter what the level first thing you should do is pull back the sheets and look at the mattress seams. Look for brown dots. It is evidence that bed bugs are there. You should also look around headboards and drawers. They are fast and hard to see until they are their full adult size so it is best to look for the evidence. If you see any get your stuff out of that room ASAP!

So I guess that is the end of my saga!
Thank you for posting that update.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #221
philly262
Earning My Ears

Hello Everybody,

I've already put my deposit down for Garden Wing room, for july 30-Aug 4 and I just had some questions for people who've already been there.

Has anybody gone to the gym at the CBR? How is it? Does it cost anything? Also are there any trails around or near CBR where you could run for maybe 2-3 miles? Me and my wife are avid runners, and I would like for us to at least run at least one or two while we're at disney.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #222
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly262 View Post
Hello Everybody,

I've already put my deposit down for Garden Wing room, for july 30-Aug 4 and I just had some questions for people who've already been there.

Has anybody gone to the gym at the CBR? How is it? Does it cost anything? Also are there any trails around or near CBR where you could run for maybe 2-3 miles? Me and my wife are avid runners, and I would like for us to at least run at least one or two while we're at disney.
I assume you mean the gym at the Contemporary, since they don't have one at Caribbean Beach. Anyway the gym is free for those staying at the Contemporary and I am not sure if there are any trails where you can run, however you could always exercise by walking to and from the Magic Kingdom.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #223
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

I've seen folks running along the path that winds its way around the garden wing. It is a side-walk, however, and a winding one at that.

I suggest you ask where the folks on the We're Inspired to Stay Healthy section run when they are at WDW.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #224
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Well i think im 99% sure Contemporary Guest can use the sky bridge

just think of the inconvinece it is for a Bay Lake Tower guest(s) having to use there key to get into the sky bridge... Mornings Would be HORROR!!. And If Bay Lake Tower guest can use Contemporary Guest ammenties it should be fair and let us use theres..

Think If BLT can use the sky bridge that means they can use the Contemporary Pool, Marina, Gym,

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #225
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
Well i think im 99% sure Contemporary Guest can use the sky bridge

just think of the inconvinece it is for a Bay Lake Tower guest(s) having to use there key to get into the sky bridge... Mornings Would be HORROR!!. And If Bay Lake Tower guest can use Contemporary Guest ammenties it should be fair and let us use theres..

Think If BLT can use the sky bridge that means they can use the Contemporary Pool, Marina, Gym,
I actually agree 100% with what your saying because if Bay Lake Tower is being advertised as sharing ammenties with the Contemporary, then it's only fair the Contemporary guests can use the Bay Lake Tower pool and walk on the sky bridge if they want to see Bay Lake Tower from the inside. Best example is the same way Wilderness Lodge guests can use the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge pool. So I do think it's weird they are going deny access to all of those things for the Contemporary guests, however they are going to let Bay Lake Tower guests have access to the Contemporary pool and they are not actually staying in the Tower or South Garden Wing.

However for things like them using the Contemporary gym I read that has been a DVC perk for their members for a while when it comes to the ones at the other resorts, so that is going to be nothing new.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: