Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #196
nevercook
Have My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, you could hang that in the closet that doesn't have the drawers and safe.
Thanks. I think it will provide drawer type storage as well as shoe or small item storage.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #197
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
You're welcome and the bus order is one of the major factors about the Contemporary which does not get enough credit.

Also when going to Epcot you take the Resort Monorail one stop to the TTC and then switch over to the Epcot Monorail which is very easy, since they have signs saying which way to go. However when coming back from Epcot you will need to take the Resort Monorail and it will stop at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom before arriving back at the Contemporary. Personally I don't mind the extra stops since I find the Monorail system to be better then taking any bus.

ITA!! That is why we upgraded from Pop to CR yesterday!! Once you stay on the monorail a few times, you NEVER want to go back!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #198
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevercook View Post
Thanks. I think it will provide drawer type storage as well as shoe or small item storage.
You're welcome. I think you've provided a good idea to many people.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #199
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
1. Is the South Wing connected to the main building in any way, or do you walk outside first to get there?
In the past for fun I have walked towards the South Garden Wing and when I walked back to the Tower it was always less then a 5 minute walk going in both directions.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #200
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
ITA!! That is why we upgraded from Pop to CR yesterday!! Once you stay on the monorail a few times, you NEVER want to go back!
Congragulations on getting a reservation and have a great time.

I also agree once you stay at a Resort on the Monorail line it's hard to stay somewhere without it.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #201
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Congragulations on getting a reservation and have a great time.

I also agree once you stay at a Resort on the Monorail line it's hard to stay somewhere without it.
To say that I was surprised that there was availability less than 2 months out is the understatement of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were booked on the 4/3 deal and guest services was able to make the upgrade happen (Even though that promo had expired). But if you look at WDW.com for rack rates, the whole resort had availabilty (except standard garden wing rooms) I was STUNNED!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~

Old 04-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #202
brergnat
DIS Veteran

The toilet is in a separate little room with a sliding door that closes (separate from where the sinks and shower/bath are located. There USED to be an additional sink in there, but it was removed. There is just a big empty space in front of the toilet now. There's a hook up on the wall (we used it to hang wet workout clothes), and you can put your suitcases on the floor there without compromising any space in that room that you need.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #203
Dawn68PA
DIS Veteran

That is awesome! Good deal they let you keep the 4/3 too!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #204
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
The toilet is in a separate little room with a sliding door that closes (separate from where the sinks and shower/bath are located. There USED to be an additional sink in there, but it was removed. There is just a big empty space in front of the toilet now. There's a hook up on the wall (we used it to hang wet workout clothes), and you can put your suitcases on the floor there without compromising any space in that room that you need.
Gotcha!! Thanks for clearing that up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #205
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn68PA View Post
That is awesome! Good deal they let you keep the 4/3 too!
I know!!! We are going for 8 nights though, so I am paying rack rate for the final night. I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting AP rates, but since my package is due Saturday, I didn't want to risk missing out in case they aren't out this week (although they are rumored to come out tomorrow )

Old 04-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #206
brergnat
DIS Veteran

Re: Coffee

The coffee in the "pods" in the room is NOT Nescafe. It's another brand (Cafe Valet, maybe?). Anyway, it's not that bad *IF* you make the coffee with bottled water. One pod is really only good for ONE cup of coffee. If you try to get more than one cup out of it, it will taste watered down and nasty. I like my coffee strong, though. They provide enough coffee, and if you use it and leave the coffee pot out somewhere obvious (I put it on the computer desk, and left the empty coffee envelope in plain sight), along with a basic note to the housekeeper to "please leave more coffee", you should be fine. I did that and got LOTS of coffee and "supplies" (the packet that has a napkin, stirrer, splenda, and powdered creamer). After the first day, the housekeeper was good about restocking the coffee if I used one. I always washed out the coffee pot myself, though. I brought some dish soap from home to do so, because I wanted it to be CLEAN!

HOWEVER, with that said, I went downstairs to Joffrey's (the coffee stand in the lobby) more than I made coffee in the room. The "plain" coffee is only $2.75/cup and it's GOOD. I also wanted some specialty coffees a couple of times (mochas, lattes, etc) and they were really good as well. Plus, being in the tower and just being able to take the elevator down and then back up to my room was FASTER than waiting for the coffee pot to make coffee in the room...
Old 04-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #207
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
To say that I was surprised that there was availability less than 2 months out is the understatement of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were booked on the 4/3 deal and guest services was able to make the upgrade happen (Even though that promo had expired). But if you look at WDW.com for rack rates, the whole resort had availabilty (except standard garden wing rooms) I was STUNNED!
Well there is a great example of being able to switch resorts even though the 4/3 deal reservation window has ended, because if you don't ask you never know and I would think a lot people who want to swtich think it can't be done and don't bother trying to call.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #208
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The wing is not connected to the tower. There is a short, covered walkway closest to the tower. BLT is connected to the tower by a covered bridge.

Google maps: http://maps.google.com/
provides great overhead imagery of the CR (and all of WDW).
Thank you for the info! I was able to see CR very well on the google map. And thanks also to the other person who mentioned the walk is very short.

Now I am wondering what criteria Disney used to knock down the North Tower instead of the South Tower? Not having stayed at CR before, the answer may be obvious, but I don't know what the answer would be, in case anyone knows? If I'm looking at the map right, it looks like the North Tower provided more space to work with? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #209
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Well there is a great example of being able to switch resorts even though the 4/3 deal reservation window has ended, because if you don't ask you never know and I would think a lot people who want to swtich think it can't be done and don't bother trying to call.
I can't take credit for the switch, my superduper TA worked it for me

brergnat, thank you so much for the 411 on coffee!! We are in a wing, but I can always swing past Joffrey's on my way to the bus stop, right? (can you tell I NEVER go down there! My only experience ever at the CR is Chef Mickey's and Cali Grille, so I am still learning the ropes about what floor everything is on )

One more question, is Contempo Cafe 24 hours, like Gasparillas??
(OK, 2 more questions) Has anyone tried the Wave for breakfast I am still up in the air about whether or not to keep that ADR...

Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #210
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
Now I am wondering what criteria Disney used to knock down the North Tower instead of the South Tower? Not having stayed at CR before, the answer may be obvious, but I don't know what the answer would be, in case anyone knows? If I'm looking at the map right, it looks like the North Tower provided more space to work with? Thanks for any help.
I am guessing they picked the North Garden Wing because it's closer to the Magic Kingdom, so those staying in Bay Lake Tower with a Magic Kingdom View will make it look very good. Also the walkway from Bay Lake Tower to the 4th floor of the Contemporay will be located by the back of the Bay View Gifts store, so I am guessing they could not put it on the other side because of Chef Mickey's.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: